PDA

View Full Version : Who has gone to Ozzfest this year?

Ninti the Mad
08-04-2004, 09:42 AM
There are some bands that I dont know of and want to know if I should shell out the money.

I am looking forward to Slipknot, Sabbath, Judas, and Slayer.

I hate that Slipknot is on the second stage. I would've liked to skip half the day.

-edit-

Also, does anyone have any times or bands to look mre forward to from the second stage?

Mike the Metal Ed
08-04-2004, 09:49 AM
I would, I only wish Sabbath were doing a gig here. :mad:

Joeleosis
08-04-2004, 05:37 PM
I went last week, I personally prefered God Forbid, Otep, Lacuna Coil, Bleeding Through, Atreyu, and Slipknot the most. Lamb Of God, Darkest Hour, and Unearth were all decent, worth a peek. The rest sucked. Beat the shit out of any hardcore kids at Ozzfest.
Definately see the first few bands I mentioned. They are all fucking awesome live. And it is way better than Slipknot are on second stage. Second stage has better chemistry with the crowd and you get to experience the band a lot better. Slayer would have been 20932 times better this year had they been on the second stage.

Joeleosis
08-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Not to say they weren't the man, because they ruled regardless. I just enjoyed them more at the gen admin show I went to a while back.

BigDaddyCool
08-04-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm going in exactly 6 days.

Arashi Kage
08-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Judas Priest is playing Toronto with Slayer on an off Ozzfest day.

I'm going. August 18

http://www.judaspriest.com/photo/2004Ozzfest/Idaho3.jpg

Mike the Metal Ed
08-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Definately see the first few bands I mentioned. They are all fucking awesome live. And it is way better than Slipknot are on second stage. Second stage has better chemistry with the crowd and you get to experience the band a lot better. Slayer would have been 20932 times better this year had they been on the second stage.
Slayer played second stage at Donington this year, but only because their crew were late, apparently people were hanging from the rafters.

Mike the Metal Ed
08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Because of the fact that Slayer had to play later than they were scheduled, people had to choose between Slayer or Slipknot/KoRn. :mad:

Ninti the Mad
08-05-2004, 08:40 PM
What is the differences between the stages?

Ive never been to Ozzfest before.

Is it a different section of the venue or what? No seating arrangements free for all?

Ninti the Mad
08-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Saturday!

thecc
08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Because of the fact that Slayer had to play later than they were scheduled, people had to choose between Slayer or Slipknot/KoRn. :mad:I'd go with slayer

Ninti the Mad
08-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Not bad.

Alot of the bands on the second stage suck.

Im sure I wouldve enjoyed lacuna Coil but I got there late.

I only enjoyed Hatebreed and Slipknot surprisingly. The others were all kinda generic.

Well, Otep was alright but nothing special.

I personally think Judas stole the show. AWESOME.

BTW, I knocked some fool ten feet with an elbow to the face in the Hatebreed pit. haha

Arashi Kage
08-08-2004, 10:37 PM
I personally think Judas stole the show. AWESOME.

:y:

That's what I've been hearing, that Priest is putting on the best performance in the showmanship category - stage props, Halford moving around, etc.