PDA

View Full Version : Spike Dudley: Smackdown Spoilers

Loose Cannon
08-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah, Spike just turned heel........FIANLLY. And he seems to be playing just the kind of heel I always thought he should of played. The "annoying little runt" kind of heel that you just want to puch in the face. Nice Turn right there. Should be interesting watching him.

Xero
08-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it was interesting... He did pretty well...

Anyone else notice that when he came off the top rope (In the replay where he hurt his leg on the missed stomp) he yelled "Get Up"? They didnt mention it, so was it supposed to be part of the storyline, or was that a slip up in the WWE Editing department?

Funky Fly
08-05-2004, 10:59 PM
lYeah, that was pretty good. One thing that bugged me was when the ref threw up the "X". Isn't that for legit injuries?

Xero
08-05-2004, 11:08 PM
lYeah, that was pretty good. One thing that bugged me was when the ref threw up the "X". Isn't that for legit injuries?
The legitamacy of it was basicly thrown out when Test faked the injury when he went for the boot... They use it now to piss off smarks...

Funky Fly
08-05-2004, 11:09 PM
They use it now to piss off smarks...
Really? :eek:

Then, :mad:!

Savio
08-05-2004, 11:28 PM
It made smackdown a good show this week.

Funky Fly
08-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Smackdown was good shit today.

Lara Emily
08-06-2004, 12:49 AM
I love heel Spike. I loved it when the Dudleyz had him on their shoulders and he screams give me my belt. The various facial expression too he had once he turned on Rey were Gold. I love this!

Mayo
08-06-2004, 01:41 AM
The legitamacy of it was basicly thrown out when Test faked the injury when he went for the boot... They use it now to piss off smarks...
I think they also used it once when Angle got poked in the eye once during Smackdown, and he left his tag partner (which I forget) all alone.

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 02:30 AM
They use the X sign a lot now.

Anyway, it was interesting. I don't think the actual turn was too good... but only because I expected an Acid drop.

Anyway, it'll be cool to see how it goes. If he plays the runty bastard, that'll be a great fit.

Aussie Skier
08-06-2004, 02:51 AM
I'm really impressed with Spike Dudley.

I thought he was more of a comedy face, who was a massive underdog.
Only recently have I realised just what a great wrestler he actually is!

Batsu
08-06-2004, 03:11 AM
I was expecting the Acid Drop too...

but the STOMP from above was unexpected. I was thinking he was gonna moonsault or something. That was sick!

LK
08-06-2004, 08:10 AM
I like Spike Dudley. I haven't seen the heel turn yet but I would just like to say that hte has really impressed me in the last month.

Loose Cannon
08-06-2004, 09:28 AM
I love heel Spike. I loved it when the Dudleyz had him on their shoulders and he screams give me my belt. The various facial expression too he had once he turned on Rey were Gold. I love this!

Yeah, exactly. He seems like he will play someone with a "Napolean Complex." Someone who's pissed off at the world because he's smaller then everyone.

I was expecting the Dudley Dog too, but the Stump was a lot better IMO.

Lara Emily
08-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Yeah, exactly. He seems like he will play someone with a "Napolean Complex." Someone who's pissed off at the world because he's smaller then everyone.

I was expecting the Dudley Dog too, but the Stump was a lot better IMO.
I agree. The kick to the groin was great, one of the best ways to turn on someone in my opinion. I think it's great because Spike finally has a character for the first time really since ECW.

Tornado
08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
I saw this coming a mile off, but it sounds like it was pulled off well.

Savio
08-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I saw this coming a mile off, but it sounds like it was pulled off well.
Same here.

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Everyone saw the heel turn coming, but it was still done well, like Tornado said.

Kane Knight
08-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Stupid "smarts." The "X" sign is used to announce when the ref has to use the little boys room.

John la Rock
08-06-2004, 02:47 PM
I absolutely hated Spike because he was so damn stale.

But last night's show was fantastic. Spike won me over with the turn

RGWhat316
08-06-2004, 04:04 PM
That was a good heel turn by Spike on last nights show. I personally think it's a few months late, but better late than never. I say that because at the Draft in March, it was a big joke when Heyman picked Spike to be drafted. I figured that would be a good incentive for a heel turn.

But now it seems like Spike has turned into the Coach from last year at this time. Coach was someone who never got a whole lot of reaction, but then turned heel and pretty much saved his career. Now Spike usually got decent pops. But they've only been minor pops lately, so maybe turning heel will bring new light into his character like it did for the Coach.

sensai86
08-07-2004, 01:13 AM
I was going to write down everything you guys said. I've always been a spike mark,and it pays off,all that time jobbing on heat,he finally got some repect. :y: ...and to all the Spike Dudley haters :foc:

deathtrap
08-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Now bring back Dances With DUdley.

Joe Kerr
08-07-2004, 09:19 AM
So the way I see it is Spike will only keep his belt as long as his brothers keep doing run ins.

Team Sheep
08-08-2004, 06:11 PM
It was well done and I was really shocked when it happened. For some reason I didn't see it coming at all, but now when I look back on it I think how much of a dumbass I am for not seeing it coming.

The Naitch
08-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Now the CW division finally has some direction