PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sapp

CSL
08-06-2004, 05:52 AM
<font color=white>Where does he go from here? Whilst I personally think Bob is mega over-rated, he is huge there and the Japs love him. Now I don't know what's happened since his back to back K-1 losses (someone fill me in?) but where does he go from here?</font>

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Who is he and what happened to him?

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Er... besides the "K-1 losses" that is.

Rob
08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Until the Japanese public gets sick of him, he'll still get work. And when they do get sick of him, expect Vince McMahon to sign him immediately.

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 02:53 PM
If Vince signed him, he couuld pair him with Hardcore Holly and call the duo the Sappy Hollies.

:shifty:

Corkscrewed
08-06-2004, 02:53 PM
The Holly Sapps would also work.

Rob
08-06-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't see him putting Triple-H over either.

Watson
08-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Who exactly is Bob Sapp? I've seen his name mentioned on various wrestling sites but I know absolutely nothing about him. Somebody got some info about him?

Rob
08-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Absolute monster looking black dude. Trained as a wrestler in the WCW Power Plant, went to Japan after it closed to do shoot fights. Mixed record at first but all his early losses were DQ's due to not following the rules. Nearly won the Pride Heavyweight title early in his career and that match made him. Also powerbombing Antonio Roderigo Noguiera on his head might have done something :) Huge draw in MMA and wrestling after this but he is definately fading now.

Trust me, Vince McMahon would love him even if he worked like Nathan Jones.

CSL
08-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Who exactly is Bob Sapp? I've seen his name mentioned on various wrestling sites but I know absolutely nothing about him. Somebody got some info about him?

<font color=white>He's a big black dude, about 350lbs, 6'4-ish. 1980's interview, nicknamed 'The Beast', uses Ric Flairs music, is over BIG TIME in Japan, average wrestler but his power moves do look good.

Won the IWGP title but vacated after getting hammered in about 90 seconds in a K-1 bout. Then went and got smashed in under a minute by Kazawhathisface Fujita (I'm useless with the first names of the japanese wrestlers) in another K-1 bout. You'll be able to find pics of him everywhere. A certain Mr. Harvey probably knows a lot more about him than I do though...</font>

CSL
08-06-2004, 03:49 PM
<font color=white>Beaten to the punch</font> :rant:

Watson
08-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the information, fellas. Rep for both of you for replying. CSL I'll have to rep you when I spread some more rep around. Thanks again guys.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CSL again.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Funky Fly
08-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Bob Sapp would be great on Smackdown. I hear he's like a big teddy bear on Japanese TV, doing comedic commercials and such.

Also, CSL, your sig is stretching the page. Please shrink it down.

Mr. JL
08-06-2004, 07:15 PM
I've only seen one of his matches and that was against The Great Muta. I thought he sucked but like you said before... the Japanese crowd loves him

Rob
08-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I haven't been impressed with his wrestling. I did just watch him have a bareable match with Nakamura on the Wrestling Channel earlier though. The Muta match did suck.

Mr. JL
08-07-2004, 01:08 AM
For those who've seen the Great Muta and have a better understanding of Japanese wrestling...

Does the Great Muta in Japan rival the Undertaker in America

Yes, they have different gimmicks but as far as longevity is concerned. Plus I notice Muta also wrestles as Keiji Mutoh... would this be like the American Bad Ass Biker Taker we unfortunately saw.

CSL
08-07-2004, 03:49 AM
Bob Sapp would be great on Smackdown. I hear he's like a big teddy bear on Japanese TV, doing comedic commercials and such.

Also, CSL, your sig is stretching the page. Please shrink it down.

<font color=white>Kinda don't know how to... :shifty: Meh, i'll just change it</font>

Rob
08-07-2004, 06:42 AM
For those who've seen the Great Muta and have a better understanding of Japanese wrestling...

Does the Great Muta in Japan rival the Undertaker in America

Yes, they have different gimmicks but as far as longevity is concerned. Plus I notice Muta also wrestles as Keiji Mutoh... would this be like the American Bad Ass Biker Taker we unfortunately saw.

In a word, no.

Kapoutman
08-07-2004, 11:44 AM
This is Bob Sapp.

Batsu
08-07-2004, 02:29 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

at that Michael Jackson take-off!!

CSL
08-08-2004, 09:31 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2462&stc=1

:lol: :lol:

<font color=white>Doesn't really do his character justice...

Sapp Time?!? :| </font>