PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Anyone?

Watson
08-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey I was just wondering if there was any NASCAR Nextel Cup fans on TPWW? I doubt there are since there are no threads about NASCAR but just in case I thought I'd post this thread. So for the NASCAR fans out there; Who's your favorite driver and why? Least favorite?

I don't have a certain favorite driver because I am a relatively new fan. I didn't start watching until near the end of last season. But I have watched every race since I have became a fan with the exception of one of the night races. I haven't picked a certain driver that I'm a huge fan of although I really like Kasey Kahne. He's pretty good to be a rookie. I just haven't seen anybody that impressed me enough for me to become a die hard fan of any one specific driver. Dale Jr. is overrated in my opinion. He was doing pretty good at the beginning of the season but then he started slacking. I absolutely can't stand Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart. I'm not too crazy about Ryan Newman either. Matt Kenseth is ok though and Kevin Harvick is a straight up jackass. Anybody else got an thoughts on these guys?

The Miz
08-07-2004, 12:09 AM
spam

Gonzo
08-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I hate NASCAR. What shit...

Watson
08-07-2004, 12:14 AM
I hate NASCAR. What shit...
If you don't like it, why the Hell did you post here? :nono:

Gonzo
08-07-2004, 12:17 AM
I am stating my opinion. As it is deserved. Not everyone is going to like it and if you expect only posts which favor it then you are sadly mistaken.

Watson
08-07-2004, 12:18 AM
I am stating my opinion. As it is deserved. Not everyone is going to like it and if you expect only posts which favor it then you are sadly mistaken.
:roll:

Gonzo
08-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Yeah, you know I'm right pal.

da_king
08-07-2004, 03:41 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">

lol, don't let gertner see this thread.

</font>

Requiem
08-07-2004, 07:31 PM
I like Nascar.

Favorite driver -was- Dale Sr., now is Dale Jr. regardless of what people say. I can't just 'change' favorite drivers just because someone isn't at the top of their game anymore.

Gertner
08-08-2004, 01:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHA NASCAR!!!!

lol i ran the Inaugural Gertner 4 double I yesterday. I nubered 40 socks and put them in a drier. 4 socks got provisionals because they were good socks in the past. Then I let the drier spin around 400 times, and when a sock fell out, a full course yellow was called. Somehow car #3 crashed into the side of the washer and was never seen from again. At the end of the 400 laps I pulled out a random sock. #44 who ended up being the winter.

BTW this topic should be under the "Discussion" forum. We all know you guys are just pretending to be NASCAR fans. We all know that Trailers are not internet compatible.

samichna
08-08-2004, 01:35 PM
I've never really seen the entertainment factor invlolved in a bunch of hillbillies driving around in circles for hours on end.

Arashi Kage
08-08-2004, 10:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHA NASCAR!!!!

lol i ran the Inaugural Gertner 4 double I yesterday. I nubered 40 socks and put them in a drier. 4 socks got provisionals because they were good socks in the past. Then I let the drier spin around 400 times, and when a sock fell out, a full course yellow was called. Somehow car #3 crashed into the side of the washer and was never seen from again. At the end of the 400 laps I pulled out a random sock. #44 who ended up being the winter.

BTW this topic should be under the "Discussion" forum. We all know you guys are just pretending to be NASCAR fans. We all know that Trailers are not internet compatible.

:lol:

I recall a similar race posted a while ago under another NASCAR topic.

Gertner
08-09-2004, 04:18 PM
yeah it my me. That was the busch series race that I posted a while back.

Why does NASCAR have pit stops?

So the drivers can ask for directions.

Corndad
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Im stickin up for this topic, I believe that Nascar is a sport, I would like to see anyone do what they do, its no "Sunday Drive" also would everyone who has actually been a race and now what a rush it is please post cause i know it gets a bit boring on tv trust me, ive fallen asleep many a time, but you go watch one live, wow, my god wow.

BCWWF
08-10-2004, 03:54 AM
Back in sophomore year we had to write satires for English class, and mine was on how lame NASCAR is. Now three years later I find myself intrigued by NASCAR as a whole. The atmosphere at the events is unmatched, the intricate scoring systems, the different styles, the controversys. Its something that I am slowly learning more and more about, and although I do not find the races amusing to watch (until the last few laps) I do find the league intriguing and am a fan.

Gertner
08-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Im stickin up for this topic, I believe that Nascar is a sport, I would like to see anyone do what they do, its no "Sunday Drive" also would everyone who has actually been a race and now what a rush it is please post cause i know it gets a bit boring on tv trust me, ive fallen asleep many a time, but you go watch one live, wow, my god wow.
it's so freakin loud how could you fall asleep. just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's a sport.

RGWhat316
08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm a big NASCAR fan myself, hence the #17 Kenseth avatar. But I don't post too much about it since I've tried before and it hasn't been well recieved.

But favorite driver is Kenseth, 2003 champion. Other favorites are mainly the FORD drivers. Not a fan of the Gordon's, Jimmie Johnson, and Harvick. I don't mind Dale Jr, but I've disliked him more when you see how much he gets favored. Have yet to go to an actual Cup race, but have been to a few Busch and Truck races. But this season has been one of the strangest yet. From lengthy cautions, to missed calls, Tony Stewart's behavior worse than usual, and now finally a green/white/checkerd.

Eternalone79
08-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Stewart needs to be permanatly suspended...his actioons are totally out of control. I am a Jr fan but becoming a Kahne fan even though hes in a dodge

Corndad
08-10-2004, 04:29 PM
it's so freakin loud how could you fall asleep. just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's a sport.
I fall asleep when watching on tv if you would have read it properly, actually i believe race car drivers must be one of the best athletes

and The whole Hillbilly thing, this might be suprising but um, most i saw at the races had all teeth and were wearing shirts and ties. high class hillbillies i guess huh

Shaggy
08-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Im a big Nascar fan also. I tried posting a link about Nascar a while back but the only person that replied positively to it was RGwhat316.

Im a big fan and i have been watching it for a long time. Im a big fan of Terry Labonte and this year I have started to become a fan of Kasey Kahne. Probably since its his first year and all. I seem to become fans of the rookies. I am not a big fan of either of the Gordans or Stewart and much to what people have to say I am not a big fan of Dale Jr. It just seems like hes everywhere right now. Sorta like how the Lakers are to Basketball and how the Yankees are to Baseball.

Gertner
08-11-2004, 11:13 AM
ya, high class hillbillies who littered the track with beer cans during a race this year.

Corndad
08-11-2004, 05:30 PM
ya, high class hillbillies who littered the track with beer cans during a race this year.

man if you think thats all fans, ur way over your head in this discussion dude that was just a couple idiots, i mean world has idiots right, see one in mirror alot dont ya haha

Gertner
08-11-2004, 05:37 PM
A couple!!!!!!! lol I watched ESPN and saw the highlights, it was more than a couple.

nice comeback dude.

and btw, I've seen the fans at car races. It's the same fucks who wear dirty mark martin shirts, wearing fanny packs, smelling of beer. The only reason why they are fans is because it's the easiest sport to get! watching cars make 1 left turn for 3 hours.

Eternalone79
08-30-2004, 02:19 PM
On a note of importance-not this stupid ass bullshit debate this has become...what do the Nascar fans here think of the new points system? I think it could make for an interesting few races...

Gertner
08-30-2004, 04:26 PM
I think any series that gives drivers spots based on their past performance is retarded.

that would be like since the New england Patriots won the super bowl last year, they automatically make the playoffs this year.

tucsonspeed6
08-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Two more races before the post season. I'm really crossing my fingers for Kahne to boot Newman (the big prick), and I'm really hoping that Harvick wins it all.

Corndad
08-30-2004, 10:42 PM
I think this new chase is positive for fan support, ratings, advertising for the last 10 races, and really benefical to anyone but the leader of the points. This will make for exciting racing only question i have, what if a non-chase driver is leading with a chase driver behind, will they "move-over" for an easy buck or two? intresting in my opinion

RGWhat316
09-01-2004, 01:03 AM
I got a chance to go to the Busch/Cup weekend at MIS for the first time last week. Was a blast for me. Got to meet Scott Riggs, Ryan Newman, and Robby Gordon.

As for the chase, I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I originally didn't like it because they changed it due to my driver, Kenseth's, dominant year last year. But I do hate it for people who don't make it since they don't have anything to go for towards the end of the year. But I am really pulling for Martin to get into the top 10. Scratch off Daytona, Charlotte, Chicago, and Indy, Mark would already be in the top 10. So i really hope he makes it.

Gertner
09-01-2004, 05:26 PM
wow rgwhat316. did you have to remove all your teeth before you went? Or did you meet the requirements?

and when did the sister banging take place.

DaveBrawl
09-05-2004, 09:27 PM
I was very against the new points at first but it's starting to interest me, especially with 2 races before everything is reset and then 10 drivers having a shot at the title instead of the usual 2 or 3.

But yeah my favorites are Rusty Wallace, Jamie McMurray, Terry Labonte and Ryan Newman.

RGWhat316
09-07-2004, 09:22 PM
wow rgwhat316. did you have to remove all your teeth before you went? Or did you meet the requirements?

and when did the sister banging take place.

You know, I would negative rep you, but it seems like you just enjoying being an asshole so it probably doesn't mean a damn thing to you.

But speaking of missing teeth, you seem to like hockey. You want to talk about missing teeth, most hockey players don't have too many. I don't like hockey, so I could easily bash that too.

It also seems that you maybe a closet Nascar fan since you seem to know an awful lot about whats going on, but maybe just not a fan of it.

Gertner
09-08-2004, 12:55 AM
lol hockey player don't have teeth because of them getting knocked out, not from rotting out. And we don't call our lucky tooth "chomper"

Corndad
09-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Theres no use in arguing with an ass like this guy, Ok, you can make fun, and you can get ur cheap jabs in but just one fact says your in the minority...

8 of the 10 highest attended sporting events of 2003 is.. yea you guessed it NASCAR races.

Enough with the deush, Im lovin this chase now just due to the fact there is alot more people getting intrested because "their" driver got a shot at it, i mean for instance, all the bad luck Mark Martin has had this year and now hes in 10th and still got a shot at the title, just insane

Gertner
09-08-2004, 01:12 AM
um, it's not a sport.