PDA

View Full Version : NFL Black Monday

JokerFace
12-29-2003, 03:34 AM
Ok first of all, it seems that the Dolphins will NOT fire Dave Wanstedt... bet you miami fans are happy about that :shifty:

So Dick Jauron in Chicago is going to get fired it seems... and rightfull so.

How about the Oakland coach getting fired possibly... how whacked is that considering his team went to the Superbowl last year.... is it really the coaches fault that the team sucked this year?

The Miz
12-29-2003, 03:48 AM
yep callahan needs to get canned. it is his fault that they sucked this year, the reason they were afc champs last year is because they had way too much talent to not be. rice, gannon, and brown are all too old to make callahan look good. and his commentsabout the raiders being dumb didn't help him much. bye-bye bill.

Bad Guy
12-29-2003, 03:50 AM
Miami should fire him. They have good talent and he can't take them to the next level.

el fregadero
12-29-2003, 03:51 AM
<font color=teal>Miami should fire him. They have good talent and he can't take them to the next level.</font>

The Miz
12-29-2003, 03:51 AM
lemme rephrase that, callahan isn't the only one to blame for the raiders suckiness, but they could've been much better.

road doggy dogg
12-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Are you sure about Jauron? I could've sworn I heard them say he wouldn't be fired... that WAS a few weeks back though, mind you :o

Lotus
12-29-2003, 04:59 AM
If Callahan doesn't get fired, I will have to personally cockslap Al Davis. Callahan has said such things as "The Raiders are the Dumbest Team in America" and "The Detroit Lions are a Great Football Team". That alone should get him fired. F</>uck his ****** ass. Get the hell out of Oakland, Bill.

Bad Guy
12-29-2003, 05:00 AM
<font color=teal>Miami should fire him. They have good talent and he can't take them to the next level.</font>
Bad Guy is the best.

Lotus
12-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Shit, that must be a TPWW first... F</>uckin' amazing.

The Miz
12-29-2003, 05:16 AM
If Callahan doesn't get fired, I will have to personally cockslap Al Davis. Callahan has said such things as "The Raiders are the Dumbest Team in America" and "The Detroit Lions are a Great Football Team". That alone should get him fired. F</>uck his ****** ass. Get the hell out of Oakland, Bill.
bring back joe bugel!

:shifty:

Lotus
12-29-2003, 05:34 AM
bring back joe bugel!

:shifty:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Bugel, the last Raider Head Coach to lead Oakland to a 4-12 regular season campaign. Until this year, at least. Oakland should do themselves a favor and hire Dennis Green. He knows how to coach.

JokerFace
12-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Are you sure about Jauron? I could've sworn I heard them say he wouldn't be fired... that WAS a few weeks back though, mind you :o

There was a chance Jauron would be brought back, due to pressure from the ownership. Michael McCaskey (part of ownership) is the one who hired Jauron 5 years ago, and the idea that another one of his hires would be a bust, potentially didnt sit well with him. With the bears playing good the last few weeks, it was possible itwould be enough to bring him back. logic set in, and i guess GM Jerry Angelo now has his way and Jauron IS gone (already confirmed by ESPN's Chris Mortenson).

Lotus
12-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I think that's a bad move by the Bears. It's not Jauron's fault that they went 7-9. Take a look at their offense: Kordell Stewart sucks, Chandler is way past his prime, and they should have started Grossman much earlier, because he was about the only thing they had going for them on the offensive front. They just can't score with that offense. Period. A-Train isn't that good of a running back, and it's hard for me to tell if Booker and White are any good because they have been playing with such shitty QBs.

The Miz
12-29-2003, 03:20 PM
dolphins gave wannstedt an extension through 2006. he resigned from being GM though.

The Icon of Elisim
12-29-2003, 03:54 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Bugel, the last Raider Head Coach to lead Oakland to a 4-12 regular season campaign. Until this year, at least. Oakland should do themselves a favor and hire Dennis Green. He knows how to coach.

FOX says that Arizona wants Green

BCWWF
12-29-2003, 03:59 PM
There was talk of Mike Tice not being good enough for the Vikings, but they had a press conference this morning and didn't mention it, so I assume he is staying. I like Tice, he is a really good guy, but I don't think he knows enough to be an NFL head coach.

Crimson
12-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Spurrier might get canned too. He Rick Pitino'd his stay at Washington.

road doggy dogg
12-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah I don't think Chicago should've gotten rid of him. I mean Christ, they were totally untalked about this season, and nearly broke .500. Like Lotus said, they don't have a whole lot of great talent there, so 7 wins is pretty impressive. I would've kept him.

#1-wwf-fan
12-29-2003, 07:02 PM
The Bears had a good season IMO. Not a good season period, but compared to how they started and the fact that they were not supposed to get more than about 5 wins, it was pretty good. Jauron is not at fault for their problems.

Anyway, I'm guessing Luvy Smith will be a head coach somewhere next year. Any thoughts as to where?

VonErich Lives
12-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Ok, Wandstat is not a good head coach, wasn't in Chicago, hasn't been in Miami, not a good personel guy. in Miami he's had the team Jimmy Johnson built.

Miami is supposed to sign a GM, not sure who will take a job when the coach has already been picked (they signed Wandstat for 2years) or it could be a "severence package".

The Phins desprately need Line help. If they had a good OL, they would have done better this year. Fielder is not a great QB, but he's good and smart, where Griese has some tools and no brains.

There's talk of them going after a QB. Warner is on the list and there's talk that Garcia may be on the block.

#1-wwf-fan
12-29-2003, 07:11 PM
I don't think San Francisco will let go of both Owens AND Garcia. But what about Mark Brunell. He would be a much better choice than Warner though I'm hoping Brunell is a Cowboy next year.

The Miz
12-29-2003, 07:39 PM
cards fired dave mcginnis, bills fired gregg williams.

that didn't take long.

DaveWadding
12-29-2003, 08:01 PM
they should fire Mike "Crazy Genius" Martz and let Lovie take his head coaching job.

#BrotherVito DELETED
12-30-2003, 01:31 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I've heard that the Giants have are going to interview Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel, and Charlie Weis. Plus there's a good chance that their are going to get Tom Kauflan or however you spell it. If all else fails Jimmy Johnson also said he is willing to take the spot.

I'm curious to see where Jim Fassel goes now that he is officially no longer coach of the Giants.</font>

VonErich Lives
12-30-2003, 04:01 PM
yeah, Romeo has 5 teams requesting to interview him, Wies has 2.

I'd like to see Romeo get a job, I just hope teams aren't doing to him what they tried doing to Dennis Green, inteview a black coach to fill the nfl's "Quota".

There's also some talk that the Dolphins may request to speak with the Pats Player Personel guy about the GM spot. I think if that happens, the Pats might give him a GM title, just to keep others away. He's help built this team as much as Belicheck

#1-wwf-fan
12-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Maybe Fossil will go to Washington. That would be pretty interesting.

Lotus
12-30-2003, 10:50 PM
I read that the Falcons are also interested in Lovie Smith and Romeo Crennel, as long as some white guy, but I'm forgetting the name right now.

DaveWadding
12-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Lovie Smith = THE MAN.

JokerFace
12-31-2003, 02:01 AM
I DO think the Bears were justified in firing Jauron. The offense sucked, and it wasnt all because of Kordell and Chandler. On a 3rd and 10 play, the stupid offensive plans are to throw a 2 yard pass and hope to make it to a first down? WHAT!

John Schoop's offense was terrible, and just remember... the head coach is the "coordinator" of the lower cordinators, I like to say. Jauron instead of telling Schoop his system wasnt working and demand a change, was "loyal" and let him use it for THREE YEARS. Being loyal is one main factor that has COST him his job! Granted we had a 13-3 year 2 years ago, the defense was very good, and I will say a lot of what happened that season was luck.