PDA

View Full Version : Shadow has seen TNA!

Shadow
08-10-2004, 12:25 AM
And I've got a few remarks about it.

First off, the 6 sided ring, awsome looking. Some guys use it to perfection, others, not so much. But it does look excellent.

Second off, the wrestlers. Now, when I first heard about TNA, I envisioned something like ECW. Imagine to my surprise when its nothing like that. Oh well.

Third off, the X-Division. When I heard about this I thought it was gonna be totally hardcore. Nope! It turns out that its like the cruiserweight division in WCW. My god does it look sweet! And AJ Styles...should never been signed by the WWE. He would die there. Seriously. He belongs in that 6 sided ring and should never leave. Sorry AJ. The WWE will eat you alive and spit you out.

And Fourth, Jeff Hardy. I haven't seen him in a while and...he looks good. Of course, I'm still wondering why the hell he's using the Twist of Fate? Of course, his swanton looks really odd as well. Might be the fact that the ring looks really short. Oh well. Jeff is the number one contender...too bad he's Jeff Jarret's bitch at the moment.

Any else have any thoughts on TNA? Just wondering because...it looks like it'll be mainstream in a few years. If they can get Matt Hardy from Vince.

tucsonspeed6
08-10-2004, 02:44 PM
HESH DOESN'T WANT TO BE A TIGERBOT! HESH WILL STAY HUMAN!

Amaroqwolf
08-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Thoughts on TNA. Well, its a lot more of the sports that I got into less of a soap oprah. I Mean, WWE has turned into a Soap, I mean they had William Regal trussed up with a ball gag in his mouth last night on RAW. They got Lita carrying Kane's Baby! Errr...I could turn on One life to live and watch the same storyline. With out Matt and Kane beating each other bloody. But, thats what I watch wrestling for. The actual Matches.

I agree with you about AJ. He belongs in TNA/NWA. The Six sided ring was designed with AJ and much of the other X-division wrestlers in mind.

Jeff looks great I agree. (Shrugs) But, ya know I don't think much of him.

I gotta say Jeff shouldn't have the Title shotyet. Give it to Raven Damn it!

Quoth the Raven Never more.

Mr. JL
08-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Agreed that Raven should have the title shot but I believe TNA is saving that matchup until their first ever SUNDAY NIGHT PPV. Plus, Raven's in a battle with Sabu. I hope it their ONE NIGHT ONLY match was not the last.

Also, who knows how long Jeff Hardy will last so I think they're trying to make the most of him.

AJ Styles is the MAN though. Best in the business today, imo.

Amaroqwolf
08-10-2004, 03:41 PM
With Kazarien baby sitting Jeff he might last longer then we think he will. We all know the only reason they split the Hardyz up was because Matt got sick of baby sitting Jeff.

Anyway's yes AJ=the shiznight!

Raven Rocks I've been a Raven mark for years...:-D

The One
08-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Well I have certainly dropped my thoughts on NWA-TNA before, and I supose I will do it once more.

The X-Division
I love it, but honestly it is a watered down Cruiserweight Division. Certain people (Styles, Daniels, Sabin, etc.) turn up the heat when they get in their, but the division on a whole is kind of weak. Too many young guys in their without enough build up. I see alot of botched spots by the rookies, and when your doing a fast paced match, botched spots are death. Still it's one of the best things going in pro wrestling today, and at least they are promoting the matches and making them seem important, something WCW never did with their curisers...

A.J. Styles
He is...well...phenominal. I think his in ring skills are incredible. I am not normally a mark for cruiserweights nor do I gush over guys becuase they can do high risk moves, but AJ Styles is just one top of his game. He moves around the ring like nobody's business. Marketing wise, he is all NWA-TNA has right now...trouble being he isn't..."it". Ric Flair was it. Hulk Hogan was it. Rock and Austin were both it. He has charimsa, talent, ability, and everything you need to make a GREAT super star, but he dosn't have that larger then life ara about him. But who knows, he may bring NWA back to #1 (my dream come true) and I will eat my words...

The Six Sided Ring
I like it, though don't find a purpose for it. I don't think it adds anything to the excitment, nor is it a drawing point in the traditional sense of the word. It is like the cheap prize you get at the carnaval. It's cool, but ultimatly it isn't why you go to the carnival, nor is it something that you would miss if it disappeared.

Jeff Hardy
I don't know how he is doing it, but somehow he can fallow an X-Division match, and STILL make people think that he is a fearless high risk man because of the Swanton. His in ring skills have improved, and he continues to be one of the biggest draws that NWA has...soon I think fans will bore of him though.

Raven
I love Raven. Hell when I used to do E-Feds I always played Raven. But the fact is his time to make a HUGE impact has passed. They should have had Jarrett drop the belt to him 6 months ago. But now he got all tangled up in The Gathering and his fued with Sabu, that the entire "DESTINY" angle was dropped. I have no doubts he will one day be a NWA World Champion, but I don't see that day in the very near future...he can be a draw for all the Raven/ECW mutants, but he needs to rebuild that destiny angle...

NWA-TNA vs. TNAW
I am about fed up with companies like this. They take the NWA name to get their name out there, and as soon as they have done enough business they slowly try to take the NWA away...well mark my words, if TNA drops the NWA and just goes off of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling alone, they will lose all credability in the eyes of everyone who tuned in because it was NWA to begin with. WCW did it, and they got away with it, because they had names big enough and the money to back them up...TNAW would fail in 3 months flat if they go it alone. And that's my two cents.