PDA

View Full Version : What can I expect to pay...

Kane Knight
08-10-2004, 10:53 PM
For a wireless router for my PS2? I'd rather not have to run THAT long a line just to use my PS2 online.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Do they work with PS2 online? I know the XBox had to have a special adaptor :|

DS
08-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah the PS2 works fine with any wireless router. Just look around. D-Link DI-624 is suppose to be a great wireless router. Froogle.com can probably find you some good prices. Not to huge on the wireless routers because I haven't had to get one as of yet but I have been looking into it and that seems like the best choice.

Kane Knight
08-11-2004, 03:00 AM
Seems kind of in character for Microsoft to nickel-and-dime ya.

From what I understand (and DS evidently backs up), they do work with the PS2.

Thanks for the tips, DS, I'ma keep a lookout for some good prices.

Jonster
08-11-2004, 07:48 AM
My friend has his Xbox on his wireless network without a special adapter :-\

Looking through the Xbox dashboard, there's already options in there for if you have wireless connectors too.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-11-2004, 07:58 AM
My friend has his Xbox on his wireless network without a special adapter :-\

Looking through the Xbox dashboard, there's already options in there for if you have wireless connectors too.
Must have changed their mind then. Or they just released the "Official XBox Wireless Networker" for a laugh

Kane Knight
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Must have changed their mind then. Or they just released the "Official XBox Wireless Networker" for a laugh
Well, Sony threatens that unofficial stuff won't work with their systems. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft does the same thing.

I mean, I found a network adapter for the PS2 that was a nonlicensed product, and it claims to be compatible with all current and future PS2 online releases, while the Sony folks adamntaly claim that these won't be.

Jonster
08-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Well it's like a lot of things computer related.

If people don't understand about networking, they'll tend to buy the more expensive, official products, when a cheaper, unofficial product does exactly the same thing.

Like when I got AOL Broadband, the wire they provided wasn't long enough, and their solution was to move the PC closer to the phone socket (which isn't possible in my house).
So I asked if they knew of anywhere I could get a longer wire from, and they said it's not possible to get the wire needed from anywhere. :|
I recognised the wire from somewhere, and a few hours later came across my Dreamcast network wire.
Works a treat :cool:

However most companies do say using unofficial products would validate waranty.

BTW, I think my friend just connected his Xbox to a wireless router, and that did the trick for him.

Swiss Ultimate
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM
2-3 bucks.