PDA

View Full Version : Match types

natureboycv
08-12-2004, 02:58 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>A no-disqualification match and a street fight are the same match (as far as I know), so how come WWE sometimes calls matches "No-disqualification" and sometimes call them a "Street fight"?</font></b>

Mike the Metal Ed
08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I do not know what the difference is.

Disturbed316
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
I think its to make them sound more 'violent'. If I thought wrestling was 'real' I would think that a 'Street Fight' would be more vicious and violent than a No DQ match.

Thats what I think anyway :-\

Plus I think the only Street Fight that has been a 'Street Fight' (been outside in the street) was when it was Shane vs X-Pac.

Xero
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
If it's only No DQ, usually the pinfalls must be made in the ring... Street Fight is basicly Falls Count Anywhere... Falls Count Anywhere is usally No DQ AND FCA (Duh)...

Volchok
08-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Plus I think the only Street Fight that has been a 'Street Fight' (been outside in the street) was when it was Shane vs X-Pac.

Greenwich Street Fight right? where the Mean Street Posse got involved?

Disturbed316
08-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Greenwich Street Fight right? where the Mean Street Posse got involved?

Yeah

Mike the Metal Ed
08-13-2004, 10:42 AM
If it's only No DQ, usually the pinfalls must be made in the ring... Street Fight is basicly Falls Count Anywhere... Falls Count Anywhere is usally No DQ AND FCA (Duh)...
That's a Hardcore match, Street Fights have to end in the ring.

LK
08-13-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't think there is any difference. Like Hardcore UK said in Street Fights matches have to finish in the ring. At KOTR Kurt tried to pin Shane on the outside but JR said it needed to be finished in the ring

natureboycv
08-13-2004, 01:42 PM
I think its to make them sound more 'violent'. If I thought wrestling was 'real' I would think that a 'Street Fight' would be more vicious and violent than a No DQ match.

Thats what I think anyway :-\

<font color=8307ff><b>Yeah, when they say street fight, usually they are implying there will be a lot of weapon usage, it seems</font></b>

Iceman90
08-13-2004, 06:03 PM
I miss the good ol' hardcore matches.

The ones that you never knew where they would end. Could be the parking lot, could be in a snow cone machine in the lobby.

James Steele
08-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Can you imagine Big Show and Spike Dudley fighting IN a snowcone machine!

*Cue Keaneu Reeves Voice* WHOA!