PDA

View Full Version : Raw's current face/heel situation (potential spoilers)

AareDub
08-16-2004, 01:17 PM
I was reading one of the few "what are they gonna do now," topics, and I had an interesting thought. Raw needs a huge heel turn by a top face to keep things interesting. I think its safe to say that the top heels on Raw as of last week are HHH, Orton, Batista, Flair (but who cares), and Kane.

HHH:
He may be around long enough to be a part of the Evolution split we're all expecting now. However, we all know he's got to be getting closer to shooting the movie we've been hearing about for so long now.

Orton:
I think it's a fair assumption that he'll be turning face sometime soon.

Batista:
With HHH gone and Orton as a face, Batista is left out in the cold. There is no way he can pull off being the top heel on Raw.

Flair:
IMO Batista has been carrying Flair for a while now.

Kane:
Locked up in the Lita storyline, and will probably be feuding with HBK for a while.

So there's my shakedown of the current heels. It doesn't look promising. Now we've all heard about Edge's upcoming heel turn, but the fans don't seem to care about him at all right now. A heel needs to be hated for his character or his actions, he can't be hated simply because he's boring.

So without a fresh heel turn from somebody big, we'll be stuck seeing Batista and Edge vs Orton and Benoit as the Raw main event for a couple of months. Now, I don't think they can turn Benoit heel. That wouldn't solve anything. We'd be stuck seeing the same matches we've been seeing, just with the roles reversed.

All this pretty much leads me to one conclusion..... they need to turn Jericho heel. It may not sound like the best idea, but they've kinda worked themselves into a hole. I enjoy Jericho as a face, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a Jericho/Orton feud.

What do you guys think? How do you think they'll solve the heel situation on Raw, or will they do anything at all? How would you fix it?

Loose Cannon
08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, they can do a major switch and that's what I'm really thinking they will do right now. I'm going to post a Discussion like Heyman for this though. So just hold up a few minutes and let me write it up.

AareDub
08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
*waits on edge of seat*

:p

Quick1
08-16-2004, 01:33 PM
Edge will probably be better as a heel....Remember he said he was going on a crusade, what ever happend to that?

AareDub
08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Edge will probably be better as a heel....Remember he said he was going on a crusade, what ever happend to that?

If he totally redoes his character (which I've heard conflicting reports on) it might work better. However, if he merely turns heel and expects us to buy it, he's going to have a hard sell.

Mayo
08-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Edge needs to hire Rosey to hit Orton with a car, and then Rosey can say that he did it for Orton.

Corkscrewed
08-16-2004, 03:31 PM
:rofl:

Rep for you!

Splaya
08-16-2004, 04:33 PM
R: I did it, for the Edge. I did it, for Canada.

Orton: Shut your mouth you towel for a cape wearing fatty.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2004, 06:08 PM
I can see Orton remaining heel for a little bit. I can see Orton on the Highlight Reel and Jericho talking about he earned the World Heavyweight Championship, and about how he beat the one man Jericho has competed with his entire career. Jericho extends his hand and states that this isnot a handshake to see if your a man, this is a handshake to see if I'm man enough to give you the respect you deserve. Orton grabs Jericho's hand as the fans cheer and BAM! RKO! Nasty feud insures. :y:

I hope they don't push Orton as the Legend Respecter now. I can just see Jim Ross marking out for the vicious handshake out of nowhere.

John la Rock
08-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Edge needs to hire Rosey to hit Orton with a car, and then Rosey can say that he did it for Orton.

:lol: