PDA

View Full Version : Will Kurt Warner prosper elsewhere?

JokerFace
12-30-2003, 01:37 AM
So we know the last two years have not been great for Warner. Last year was terrible, and the 1 or 2 games this year, were nothign special at all.

I assume that Warner will leave St. Louis and go elsewhere to be the starting QB. Personally, I find it hard to believe someone as good as he was can all of a sudden be so bad, I would assume his injured hand is fully heeled by now.

Do you think he can be good again?

Yashamaga
12-30-2003, 01:45 AM
yes

Imagine him in Baltimore?

that would make them an instant superbowl favorite

DaveWadding
12-30-2003, 02:27 AM
yes

Imagine him in Baltimore?

that would make them an instant superbowl favorite
No. He'd need a decent wideout or 2 first.

Yashamaga
12-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Robinson

The Miz
12-30-2003, 02:40 AM
nope. injuries have killed his career.

if i went to baltimore, he would have only one target, and jamal lewis would still get 35-40 touches a game.

Yashamaga
12-30-2003, 02:45 AM
35-40?

:wtf:

The Miz
12-30-2003, 02:46 AM
hey ever heard of exaggeration

Bad Guy
12-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Nah. He's done.

road doggy dogg
12-30-2003, 05:42 AM
Meh, I doubt it. He had a couple good years playing on a very good offensive team.

JokerFace
12-30-2003, 12:16 PM
Yeah that all sounds right... i cant imagine him looking good on a team thats not very good offensively. we shall see, i do wish him the best.

Guest #1
12-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Warner could come back and be an elite QB on a team with a good O line, leaving out Zona. He needs protection. I saw his production fall with the injury of Pace. Anyways, he has one of the most accurate arms, and St. Loo would not have let Green go if they didn't see talent in Warner. As long as Warner has time and protection, he can lead a team to a winning season, the question is, is there a team out there that's a good fit for Warner?

BCWWF
12-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Meh, in my opinion Warner was never as good as he was cracked up to be. In his best years he had Isaac Bruce, Tori Holt, and Marshall Faulk along with a good O-Line. If he was such a talented quarterback by himself he wouldn't have bene demoted to NFL Europe and the Arena league in the first place. I'm not saying he is a bad quarterback by any means, but I wouldn't say he is anywhere near a Payton Manning or anyone else really good.

BCWWF
12-30-2003, 05:58 PM
For whoever gets Larry Fitzgerald, he might be able to have a really good season there. Maybe Arizona or the Giants?

DaveWadding
12-30-2003, 06:01 PM
If he was such a talented quarterback by himself he wouldn't have bene demoted to NFL Europe and the Arena league in the first place.
How stupid ARE you exactly? Warner played in NFLE and AFL BEFORE he was discovered and brought into the St. Louis system.

BCWWF
12-30-2003, 06:06 PM
So are you repeating exactly what I said or are you repeating exactly what I said?

DaveWadding
12-30-2003, 06:07 PM
You said he was DEMOTED i.e. he had been in the NFL BEFORE when he HADN'T. Moron.

BCWWF
12-30-2003, 06:12 PM
OK, so he was never "demoted" out of the NFL, but if he was really gods gift to football he wouldn't have been in the shitty leagues in the first place. You are really good at making big deals over little details, must be compensation.

#1-norm-fan
12-30-2003, 07:58 PM
By that logic, assistant coaches suck because if they were any good, they would be head coaches. Some people need more time to prosper than others. I don't think Warner was as great as his numbers would lead you to believe... but that's just bad logic.

YOUR Hero
12-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Very strong and accurate arm. Be nice for his sake to discover his abilities again.

DaveWadding
12-30-2003, 11:26 PM
OK, so he was never "demoted" out of the NFL, but if he was really gods gift to football he wouldn't have been in the shitty leagues in the first place. You are really good at making big deals over little details, must be compensation.
And if any major leaguer were really that great they would have never played in the minors. :roll:

BCWWF
12-31-2003, 02:37 AM
Major league baseball is totally different from any other sport. In the MLB just about everyone goes through the minor league system except for the very few just amazing guys. In a way it might be better for other sports to have that type of farm system because it makes for higher quality play on the top, but to bring that into this whole thing is pointless. In my opinion Warner was just the average quarterback put in with an amazing team, and the magic happened. I bet at least 50% of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL could have those numbers if they played with those teams, but when you aren't an amazing quarterback to begin with it will catch up to you. Him playing in the minor leagues just adds drama. It's not like Warner singlehandedly lead the Rams out of the water, he just happened to be there when they became unstoppable.

DaveWadding
12-31-2003, 02:39 AM
#1 WWF Fan and I just took your logic and applied it elsewhere..

DaveWadding
12-31-2003, 02:40 AM
you know Warner used to work at a grocery store in Iowa and he used to throw footballs into shopping carts to work on his accuracy..

Crimson
12-31-2003, 11:44 AM
So then who was the dude that threw the football into the swinging tire off the tree to better his sexual desire...? :shifty:

MTR
12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
You said he was DEMOTED i.e. he had been in the NFL BEFORE when he HADN'T. Moron.

Actually Warner was in the NFL before playing in AFL and NFLE. He was like third or fourth sting in Green Bay around the time Favre came there or something like that.

On topic I doubt Warner could really go anywhere and do well. He is too injury prone at this point. He had some good seasons and probably has a few good games left in him but really he is done. I think he could make a good offensive coach or something.

DaveWadding
12-31-2003, 04:06 PM
I don't think he ever actually played in a game though..so he was a shitty 3rd/4th stringer and then he left to play in the "shitty" leagues where he got better and came back..

MTR
12-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Well the point I was trying to make was that you called someone a moron when you were not completely right yourself. He had been in the NFL before playing in the other leagues.

DaveWadding
12-31-2003, 04:32 PM
he's a moron on more than one count.

road doggy dogg
12-31-2003, 05:24 PM
So then who was the dude that threw the football into the swinging tire off the tree to better his sexual desire...? :shifty:

:love:

BCWWF
12-31-2003, 10:37 PM
zing