PDA

View Full Version : Wierd thinking question...

Nark Order
08-22-2004, 01:11 AM
If Lesnar had hit his shooting star press @ Wrestlemania 19 thus not embarrassing himself... Would he still be in the WWE?

Some may argue that that has absolutely nothing to do with it, but I think about it sometimes. I think it kinda helped lead to his decision of wanting to leave the business. It would if I were him...

Innovator
08-22-2004, 01:12 AM
if the fans weren't choking on his push, he'd still be in the WWE

AareDub
08-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Nah, I don't think it would have effected his decision at all. Honestly I think it was his run as a heel that helped him make the decision to leave. He was having a great time as the up and coming face, including the Wrestlemania win (despite the botch). Then he turned heel and got booed for about a year straight. Not to mention the "you tapped out" chants. It just seems to me that he enjoyed the glory of being the face champ, but couldn't handle the heat he picked up as a heel. Well, saying he couldn't handle it is a bit harsh, perhaps saying he didn't enjoy it is a bit more appropriate.

LK
08-22-2004, 01:24 PM
No it din't have anything to do with the SSP. It was simply because he was pushed too quickly and had nothing left to do.

Cruiserweight 3:16
08-22-2004, 02:21 PM
If anything, the missed SSP helped his career - it's now one of those talked about Wrestlemania moments, and he did enjoy several months of being the WWE Champion. Lesnar just seemed to be disillusioned by the business - he never truely respected it and his heart was never in it.

Tornado
08-22-2004, 03:17 PM
It would have made him a bigger star, but I guess he still would have left....the big pussy..:shifty:

The CyNick
08-22-2004, 04:10 PM
He was upset about travel more than anything, so I dont see how connecting on the SSP would have made his travel schedule any easier. I mean I guess it could have, they say anything can happen in the WWE, but I just dont see the connection.

Joe Kerr
08-22-2004, 04:12 PM
it would have set up the Billy Kidman / Brock lesnar Shooting star press match, thus destroying Kidmans Career

Chavo Classic
08-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I read that Brock was growing tired of excessive travelling, meaning that he could only work out for less than an hour a day, about five or six weeks before Mania. I never took any notice of it then. I believe this to be the truth before all the bullshit and animosity began. He simply didn't like being in the business any more.

The SSP was used as a angle after Mania, remember Brock had 'problems' during subsequent matches. I don't think it did harm his career or pre-empt his decision to leave. However, It did make me download the clip and watch it over and over again laughing my rubber boobs off, and is still on my hard drive along with Sid snapping his leg.

Mr. JL
08-22-2004, 10:20 PM
I think it must have had a role in it. He almost broke his neck and could have killed himself. I think he realized he just didn't want it that bad and its not worth killing yourself over for a bunch of fans who don't appreciate it.

Plus, he said he wanted to become famous and make money. He did that and realized he didn't need to work 300 days a year, sitting on planes for hours, going on long KILLER international flights (I've flown internationally and it just kills you), performing in front of crowds 4 nights a week, dealing with the pain of wrestling, backstage politics and then finding time for a family, to keep himself in shape and to do whatever his hobbies are.

Fox
08-22-2004, 11:17 PM
(Lesnar climbing the turnbuckle at WM XIX)

Brock (to himself): This is the greatest moment of my life...

(Lesnar botches the Shooting Star Press)

Brock (to himself): Fucking WWE...