PDA

View Full Version : If YOU Were The Booker, What Would You Do With.............

Watson
08-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Ok here's the scenario. WWE has just signed Sting to a 5 year contract. Would would you do with him? Would he run the same "Crow" character or something different? Who would you feud him with? How much would you push him? Basically, If WWE were to sign Sting what would be the best storyline for him.

Personally I would feud him against Triple H. I wouldn't have him do the "Crow" thing anymore. I would have him just wear all black and a trechcoat. No face paint. I'd have him start coming through the crowd and just watching Triple H. A few times he could just walk down the aisle while Triple H is having a match and just watch him then walk away. Then at Unforgiven after the HHH/Orton match, Sting runs down and finally beats the Hell out of Triple H. Finally, at RAW, Sting speaks for the first time and explains why he's in WWE and reveals his hatred for Triple H.

Loose Cannon
08-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Sting sucks and can't go like he used to. You set him up with HHH and you have the Steiner thing all over again. Plus Sting would get buried with HHH anyway, so why would you put him in there? If they signed Sting, I would keep him in the midcards getting other guys over. It's the end of his career and that's all he should be doing. Kind of like what Steiner was doing towards the end of his WWE run. That program with Test was pretty entertaining I must say.

Put Sting with Kane and have Kane go over. Not that we can save Kane's career here, but it's a good rub for him to have.

Jaton
08-24-2004, 04:53 PM
It would make no sense. As much as I hate to admit it, being a big Sting fan, I just don't see how he could fit into WWE at this point. Besides, in your scenario, he'd become a Triple H jobber.

Watson
08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Why couldn't he go over on HHH? Goldberg has. Steiner has. Sting is still a decent wrestler regardless of his age. He's much better than 'Taker, Steiner, or Kane IMO. I'm not a huge Sting mark or anything but I know that he's still popular with the fans. Sting's past his prime that's true but he's nowhere near as awful as some of WWE's current talent. And if you think going over Sting is going to help Kane's career at all you're wrong because the character of Kane was ruined a LONG time ago. He jobbed to Edge for crying out loud. I'm surprised Glen Jacobs hasn't commited suicide by now.

But back to the topic at hand, I strongly believe that Sting could still get over just as well as he always has and a feud with HHH would be an excellent way of doing it. HHH would bury Sting? Oh Please. You talk about Triple H like he's the Hogan of the 80s. H doesn't have a problem putting people over and I'm pretty sure he's on good terms with Sting anyway so why wouldn't he put him over? Atleast Sting has stayed active since WCW went under. There's no way if he came in and feuded with HHH would it flop like the Steiner/HHH feud did. That was awful because Steiner sucks on the mic and his character presence is nothing impressive. Sting, on the other hand, could always get the crowd behind him and his matches no matter what.

Loose Cannon
08-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Why couldn't he go over on HHH? Goldberg has. Steiner has. Sting is still a decent wrestler regardless of his age. He's much better than 'Taker, Steiner, or Kane IMO. I'm not a huge Sting mark or anything but I know that he's still popular with the fans. Sting's past his prime that's true but he's nowhere near as awful as some of WWE's current talent. And if you think going over Sting is going to help Kane's career at all you're wrong because the character of Kane was ruined a LONG time ago. He jobbed to Edge for crying out loud. I'm surprised Glen Jacobs hasn't commited suicide now.

But back to the topic at hand, I strongly believe that Sting could still get over just as well as he always has and a feud with HHH would be an excellent way of doing it. HHH would bury Sting? Oh Please. You talk about Triple H like he's the Hogan of the 80s. H doesn't have a problem putting people over and I'm pretty sure he's on good terms with Sting anyway so why wouldn't he put him over? Atleast Sting has stayed active since WCW went under. There's no way if he came in and feuded with HHH would it flop like the Steiner/HHH feud did. That was awful because Steiner sucks on the mic and his character presence is nothing impressive. Stong, on the other hand, could always get the crowd behind him and his matches no matter what.

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Seriously, think about what your saying here. Going over somebody in one match does not mean going over in the program. Steiner, Goldberg, Booker T, RVD, Jericho ETC.... ALL BURIED BY HHH. Where are these guys now? Were there careers improved by working with HHH? Hell NO. HHH BURIED THE SHIT OUT OF THEM. Sting is old, past his prime and from WCW. What WCW talent has gone over in the WWE when they have just come into the company in a top spot? Steiner? NO. Goldberg? NO. Booker T? NO. DDP? NO. They killed Goldberg by making him a comedy bit and having him not be a monster.

Have you seen Sting in TNA? Most reports say he's not good at all in the ring anymore. He's slow and blows up real fat now and days. He's no use to the WWE in a main event program.

MVP
08-24-2004, 05:18 PM
I'd probably use Sting to put Mordecai over, hell even Sting can make that match look good.

Watson
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
I realize how HHH has buried former WCW wrestlers or all wrestlers that weren't made famous in WWE for that matter. But the fact is Sting is one of the most over babyfaces of all-time, Triple H is one of the top heels in recent years. So therefore a feud between the two would increse WWE ratings. Not only because of the feud but also because of the fact that the mainstream audience hasn't seen Sting in a long time. You wouldn't believe the amount of marks tha have come up to me and asked me "What ever happened to Sting?". Like I said, Sting is past his prime and is not as good a wrestler as he once was, but I believe he was working for a big company again he could get back in the groove and still be as over as he was before WCW died.

If he's such a horrible talent, Why has Vince McMahon been trying to get him to sign for so long? Because Sting is VERY charismatic and the crowd loves him. Hell even when he tried to turn heel back in WCW he was STILL cheered constantly. The crowd loves him and that's what matters. That's why WWE isn't as great today as it use to be, because the fans generally hate some of it's current talent. Even faces. Just look at Edge and I noticed somebody in the RAW thread saying that Eugene was being booed last night. Hogan got a last run. Undertaker has had many. So has Shawn Michaels. That's all I'm saying is that Sting should get one last run in WWE, a place where he's never competed and what better person to feud with than WWE's most hated wrestler.

Sickboy
08-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Sting should never go to WWE. His legacy is great and it would be a shame if he would let WWE ruin it.

Oh, and LC don't bad mouth Sting, ok?

Lara Emily
08-24-2004, 07:45 PM
HBK vs Sting in a bible on a poll match

Sickboy
08-24-2004, 07:50 PM
HBK vs Sting in a bible on a poll match

= Ratings

Sting Fan
08-24-2004, 08:43 PM
I have to say that as much as I would love to see Sting every week I dont think he should go to WWE. If he goes to the WWE he will just be buried and its not like he needs the money ar anything by all acounts he has been very good at saving his money. So he might as well retire in peace and keep his awesome legacy as one of the top 10 if not top 5 greatest wrestlers of all time.

Loose Cannon
08-24-2004, 08:46 PM
I realize how HHH has buried former WCW wrestlers or all wrestlers that weren't made famous in WWE for that matter. But the fact is Sting is one of the most over babyfaces of all-time, Triple H is one of the top heels in recent years. So therefore a feud between the two would increse WWE ratings. Not only because of the feud but also because of the fact that the mainstream audience hasn't seen Sting in a long time. You wouldn't believe the amount of marks tha have come up to me and asked me "What ever happened to Sting?". Like I said, Sting is past his prime and is not as good a wrestler as he once was, but I believe he was working for a big company again he could get back in the groove and still be as over as he was before WCW died.

If he's such a horrible talent, Why has Vince McMahon been trying to get him to sign for so long? Because Sting is VERY charismatic and the crowd loves him. Hell even when he tried to turn heel back in WCW he was STILL cheered constantly. The crowd loves him and that's what matters. That's why WWE isn't as great today as it use to be, because the fans generally hate some of it's current talent. Even faces. Just look at Edge and I noticed somebody in the RAW thread saying that Eugene was being booed last night. Hogan got a last run. Undertaker has had many. So has Shawn Michaels. That's all I'm saying is that Sting should get one last run in WWE, a place where he's never competed and what better person to feud with than WWE's most hated wrestler.

I would bet my house that ratings WOULD NOT increase if Sting was brought in and worked a program with HHH. Sting was brought into TNA a bunch of times. Did the PPV buy rates go up a lot? Nope. Sting IS NOT a draw anymore. He's finished and the WWE wouldn't let him get anywhere near a success anyway. Hogan's last run failed misaberably. Yeah, it was good short term, but the nostalgia wore off real quick. Same thing would happen to Sting.

Sting would come back, get a huge pop, beat up HHH, ratings might increase for that show and that's it. It will all go downhill from there. The WWE tried with countless guys the past few years. Hogan, Hall, Nash, Goldberg, Steiner, Booker T, Did these guys do good business when brought in? No.

Do you know why Taker has had many runs? Answer: Because he has a big say in his direction back stage. Expect another run from him soon.

The WWE needs to create new starts, not rehash old ones. Orton, Cena, Dupree, Benjamin, HAAS, etc... are the guys they need to build around.

The CyNick
08-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Yeah I mean if I signed Sting to a 5 year contract I would immediately contact my lawyers and see if I could get out of it.

Sting is a mystery to me in that I'm not really sure whether or not he would do anything for ratings/buyrates. I mean he would have a better chance with WWE than TNA because WWE has all his footage and a much bigger marketing machine to get people interested.

But you have to be realistic about things. Sting will never sign on to a deal where he has to go on the road. As a result, I dont see any point in making him a full time character on TV.

And unlike a guy like Goldberg or Hogan I dont think he has a natural rival in the WWE. The only guy I can think of is Undertaker.

So, with that in mind, what I might do is have Taker wrestle in some matches and at the end the lights go out and they focus on a crow at the end of the arena. This goes on for a month or two.

Then instead of the Crow we start to see a silouette of Sting holding a baseball bat. This would cause Taker to call him out by name to show his face. Then at some point, Taker is in a program and multiple people are beating him up. Lights go out, and Sting is in the middle of the ring with the bat and he KOs everyone around Taker. Taker gets up and looks puzzeled, Sting leaves and points the bat at Taker.

Taker and Sting wind up teaming up at a major PPV (say SurvSer) against the guys he laid out and in this match Sting is waiting for a hot tag, he cleans house, but then grabs his bat and KO's Taker. Taker/Sting lose and Sting walks off with a smile on his face.

Over the next few weeks Sting assembles an "army" who do his bidding, along with someone to do the talking. Sting would play a role simialr to what TAker did with the Ministry, kinda like a cult leader. Taker comes back about a month later, goes thorugh the "army" and eventually gets to Sting. They lock horns at Mania, Taker goes over and Sting goes home.

Its not exactly revolutionary stuff, but it might make for some entertaining TV.

Sting Fan
08-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Actualy come to think of it from a WWE perspective Sting is such a company man that it would be worth there while to sign him. In the long run the only person it would realy hurt is Sting. If his past jobs are anything to go by he will put over almost anyone and WWE could realy give some guys a boost by jobbing him out.

tazmaster
08-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Even though I am a big fan of the Stinger from days past, I wouldn't want him on RAW.

But Smackdown needs some damn talent. A Sting without the paint could be a really good heel as long as he doesn't do his "woooooo!" or Stinger splash. Attacking from behind and interfering in matches using the baseball bat would be nice as well.

Have him come in and screw Cena's best of five matches. That's instant heat right there. In the final match, Sting injures Cena. While Cena is gone filming his movie, RVD steps up and challenges Booker T. Sting screws RVD over for a while (thats some more heat). Set up a 3 way for the US title between Booker, RVD and Sting. Cena returns to screw Sting, RVD wins. Booker and Sting vs Cena and RVD, blah blah blah... Possible fatal fourway...

Anyway, Cena and Sting feud for a while after which Sting proceeds to job to everyone in sight and Cena goes on to feud with JBL.

Loose Cannon
08-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah, CyNick's Taker deal is a good one to do if Sting just came in short term like that. I didn't even think Taker when I was thinking Kane before. I was thinking someone dark and only Kane popped into my head. Shows you how much I care about the Smackdown brand. The only thing though is look what happened to DDP when he worked with Taker. He got buried bad. I fear the same might happen to Sting.

Shaggy
08-25-2004, 01:08 PM
So, with that in mind, what I might do is have Taker wrestle in some matches and at the end the lights go out and they focus on a crow at the end of the arena. This goes on for a month or two.

Then instead of the Crow we start to see a silouette of Sting holding a baseball bat. This would cause Taker to call him out by name to show his face. Then at some point, Taker is in a program and multiple people are beating him up. Lights go out, and Sting is in the middle of the ring with the bat and he KOs everyone around Taker. Taker gets up and looks puzzeled, Sting leaves and points the bat at Taker.

Taker and Sting wind up teaming up at a major PPV (say SurvSer) against the guys he laid out and in this match Sting is waiting for a hot tag, he cleans house, but then grabs his bat and KO's Taker. Taker/Sting lose and Sting walks off with a smile on his face.

Over the next few weeks Sting assembles an "army" who do his bidding, along with someone to do the talking. Sting would play a role simialr to what TAker did with the Ministry, kinda like a cult leader. Taker comes back about a month later, goes thorugh the "army" and eventually gets to Sting. They lock horns at Mania, Taker goes over and Sting goes home.

Its not exactly revolutionary stuff, but it might make for some entertaining TV.

:) That was basically what I was gonna put down. I actually looked ahead through all the posts to see if anyone posted what I was thinking and you did.