PDA

View Full Version : Triple H's movie career affecting his wrestling career and Raw?

c4g2
12-09-2003, 04:20 AM
I read somewhere that Trips might have to miss a few episodes of Raw to film his movie. Because of his absence now, it seems the World Heavyweight Title is between Kane and Goldberg. And Evolution is now only Batista and Orton, with the occasional Flair moment.

Will Trips get demoted to a middle-high carder because of his movie career? But Raw seems short of main-eventers with only Kane, Goldberg and Rock (Who rarely comes back). Orton can be main-event, but he has to be pushed Brock-Lesnar style to be an main-eventer. And I think its almost impossible for that to happen.

Although now Trips still dominates Raw, will his movie career continue to affect his career and in turn affect the Raw scene?

The Game
12-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Is it just me, or has Triple H become more professional since he was linked with Hollywood? He lost more than cleanly to Goldberg at a Pay-Per-View, we even saw his entire stable beaten up. That's in sharp contrast to the no-selling HHH we saw back at Wrestlemania when he nigh-on buried Booker T.

John la Rock
12-09-2003, 11:57 AM
It looks as if Triple H has finally realized that he has to pass the torch so to speak since he's been busy with his marriage to Steph and his movie roles. I hope he doesn't win the belt at Armageddon and I hope he gets dumped by the rest of Evolution, much like The Nation dumped Faarooq back in 1998. This would lead to Randy Orton breaking out as a huge star much like The Rock back in 1998. :y:

Kane Knight
12-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Is it just me, or has Triple H become more professional since he was linked with Hollywood? He lost more than cleanly to Goldberg at a Pay-Per-View, we even saw his entire stable beaten up. That's in sharp contrast to the no-selling HHH we saw back at Wrestlemania when he nigh-on buried Booker T.

His eyes are on the big bucks, and a further ego hardon.

BigDaddyCool
12-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Orton sucks to much to be a main eventer. The crowd just doesn't care about this guy. It doesn't matter that he is with two of the biggest names in wrestling, it won't help no matter how many times they mention he is a 3rd generation wrestler. He still just has the X-Pac sucks feeling about him because it is impossible to take him seriously.

Oh, and it is it a bad thing HHH steps down for a bit?

The CyNick
12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Orton sucks to much to be a main eventer. The crowd just doesn't care about this guy. It doesn't matter that he is with two of the biggest names in wrestling, it won't help no matter how many times they mention he is a 3rd generation wrestler. He still just has the X-Pac sucks feeling about him because it is impossible to take him seriously.

Oh, and it is it a bad thing HHH steps down for a bit?

HHH stepping down would rule. Unfortunately that hasn't happened, he's been off TV for weeks and yet he still got the main event spot for the next PPV (just like every other PPV this year). Hunter's reign of terror is still in full effect.

As for Orton, I see his potential. I think he's really arrogant, and to me that comes off on TV, which is great for a true heel. He also has made strides in the ring. Now he's not at the level where a main eventer should be, but then again considering the top guys on RAW, he's actually a step above those guys. If they dont do anything stupid with him I think he'll be a major player. I dont think he'll reach Rock or Austin popularity, but I think he'll make it as a top guy.

Elements
12-09-2003, 01:37 PM
His eyes are on the big bucks, and a further ego hardon.

The Show Off
12-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Triple H being off WWE Television would be great if he wasn't main eventing the next PPV. Honestly, I've always defended Hunter when people would talk about how he holds people down, but after seeing last night's show (a show that should be used to hype the upcomming PPV he didn't even show, now that's an ego. He feels that he's big enough to not be on the shows before his main event, that's crap. I'd rather Triple H hold down a hundred guys and wrestle every night rather then just be a part of a main event that he can legitimatly hype up. I would have been fine with this if Triple H came out last night and him and Evolution beat up Goldberg... again. And I also would have been fine with Goldberg versus Kane at Armegeddon, but this is a very unhappy medium.

StoneColdStunner
12-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Triple H being off WWE Television would be great if he wasn't main eventing the next PPV. Honestly, I've always defended Hunter when people would talk about how he holds people down, but after seeing last night's show (a show that should be used to hype the upcomming PPV he didn't even show, now that's an ego. He feels that he's big enough to not be on the shows before his main event, that's crap. I'd rather Triple H hold down a hundred guys and wrestle every night rather then just be a part of a main event that he can legitimatly hype up. I would have been fine with this if Triple H came out last night and him and Evolution beat up Goldberg... again. And I also would have been fine with Goldberg versus Kane at Armegeddon, but this is a very unhappy medium.

:y: I think HHH should do more in Hollywood, Maybe the break will do him good, and i also think it's time that MAYBE <- MAYBE HHH should turn Face and hand Evolution over to Orton who maybe can get his push in that way. Im just saying something that sounds good to me. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
12-10-2003, 04:18 AM
Haha, HHH a midcarder! He'll just be gone, then walk onto PPV's. It'll be like 100x worse than what the Rock does, because at least when he did it last year, he put over another wrestler. Triple H? Well, lets just enjoy the time he's gone. ;)

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 04:33 AM
Haha, HHH a midcarder! He'll just be gone, then walk onto PPV's. It'll be like 100x worse than what the Rock does, because at least when he did it last year, he put over another wrestler. Triple H? Well, lets just enjoy the time he's gone. ;)

:y:

Tornado
12-10-2003, 04:41 AM

<font color=#33ffff>Never thought of it that way. If his movie career does take off, he's gonna waltz back every couple of months, squash someone, then leave again. Shi</>t....:(</font>

Head
12-11-2003, 01:20 AM
I really don't think that Triple H is going to land many more movie roles after this one. He doesn't have it like The Rock does, so my bet is he will be back full time real soon.

Also, did anybody else notice that Triple H had a pretty good sized gut the last time he was one Raw? I found that pretty funny.

sexymanalive
12-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Evolution and Triple H rocks the only reason people don't like him is becuase he and that ass hole HBk aren't firends mean after everything HBK did To HHH am glad HHH is going to end HBK career once and for all in his home town next week that is unless HBK joins Evolution which is prpoery won't since he the wwe pussy Champion

The CyNick
12-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Evolution and Triple H rocks the only reason people don't like him is becuase he and that ass hole HBk aren't firends mean after everything HBK did To HHH am glad HHH is going to end HBK career once and for all in his home town next week that is unless HBK joins Evolution which is prpoery won't since he the wwe pussy Champion

Warrior?

Cactus Sid
12-23-2003, 06:21 PM

Number 1 what did you say

Number 2 wrestling is fake

Fox
12-23-2003, 07:33 PM

GO BACK TO CHINA, BITCH.

Fox
12-23-2003, 07:38 PM

Orton hasn't proven anything to me yet. He hasn't had any 5 star matches... hell, he hasn't had any 3 star matches! And his match with HBK doesn't count, because Shawn could probably wrestle a small giraffe and make it entertaining. Shawn carried that match, not Randy.

I'm tired of all this talk about him being the next big thing in the WWE. Wait til he proves it.

Cactus Sid
12-24-2003, 06:05 AM
The problem is that Orton is playing second fiddle to both Flair and Triple H, and indeed to a certain extent Batista.

Batista is pushed as a monster and has been given Goldberg's "who's next" gimmick, while Flair is still seen as the man, and Triple H is still the world champion, also Orton has been at times booked to look like HHH's bitch, so of course, people aren't gonna care about him.

Kane Knight
12-24-2003, 11:49 AM

Orton hasn't proven anything to me yet. He hasn't had any 5 star matches... hell, he hasn't had any 3 star matches! And his match with HBK doesn't count, because Shawn could probably wrestle a small giraffe and make it entertaining. Shawn carried that match, not Randy.

I'm tired of all this talk about him being the next big thing in the WWE. Wait til he proves it.

you mean wait until he's out from under the shadow of Evolution. He won't go anywhere in this angle, because he's not even privelleged enough to play second fiddle...He's playing third at best.