PDA

View Full Version : If Funaki won the WWE Title...

Mr. Nerfect
08-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Do you think you'd mark out like a little school girl? I most certainly would. Anyway, would you complain if Funaki did win the Championship say next week from JBL? If he did win how would you do it? Do you think people would buy into Funaki as Champion? Would it draw possible interest crowning perhaps the most least likely man to win any title, the biggest in the company?

I'm just curious to see how people would respond to an extremely unlikely WWE Champion.

Sickboy
08-28-2004, 09:04 PM
I think I would be stunned

Splaya
08-28-2004, 09:14 PM
We would know that the Isrealites and the Palestines have formed peace and the Apocolypse is here.

Impact!
08-28-2004, 09:26 PM
to me it would prove that the wwe creative team probably just pull the next champions name out of a hat. i went to the brisbane return of the deadman and funaki got beaton by luther in one move, but hey this is wwe so noing them it'll probably hapen. :nono:

Sensei Of Mattitude
08-28-2004, 11:31 PM
it would mean that I would come to WWE and defeat Funaki for said title and reign over the world

The One
08-29-2004, 12:21 AM
I love him, but if he won I would bitch that he isn't a good draw and certainly should not be the flagship man for the brand.

Gone Mad
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I would only have one word for that, should it happen: "GUUUUHHH???"

But seriously...guh?? No, I wouldn't like it. I think he is a great talent but it is like if Spike won it, you just ask why. Just look at what his opponents for the title would be in Big Show, Angle, Cena, and Undertaker. They all beat him in squashes so it would not add up. So it COULD work though after a short while, it would be uninteresting for almost everyone.

Drakul
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I think SmackDown would become a comedy show while he was champ.I can't see it any other way:-\

Hired Hitman
08-29-2004, 12:42 AM
It would be a total shock, would it draw? HELL NO funaki has been a joke the last 5 years.

mike616
08-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Hey, after BJL as champ I'll take Funaki in a hartbeat.

Sting Fan
08-29-2004, 12:56 AM
I think 6 years ago they may have been able to make him credible but now sadly no.

Mayo
08-29-2004, 01:44 AM
The title would lose all credibility since someone whose biggest accomplishments were saying 'INDEEEEEEEEEED' and being 'Smacka-down numba 1 announcah' is now champion over guys such as Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Booker T, John Cena, etc. If they did a surprise championship victory with someone like RVD or Ric Flair, it would work for a very short time because these guys have been champions somewhere else and had the ability to draw at one time. Funaki wouldn't stand a chance to draw so this would fail miserably.

Corkscrewed
08-29-2004, 04:35 AM
It doesn't matter if I love you or hate you: if you haven't been built up as a legitimate threat and you win a major title, it's crap. Paul London could win and I wouldn't be happy, because it's flukey and sort of stupid. He doesn't deserve it in his current persona. He doesn't have that credibility. Mordecai could win and it wouldn't make sense for the same reason. You need credibility to win the major title, simple as that.

I could make an exception if it was a flukey win and the first champ got the title back the next show in like a huge squash. For example, say it was some sudden pin using the ropes after the champ was distracted... that *might* work, since it would be unpredictable, and the way it was done wouldn't necessarilly kill the title.

Mr. Nerfect
08-29-2004, 05:43 AM
If it did happen, I'd like to see Funaki play the face, and have him beat JBL with a roll up and walk out with an arena on their feet shocked. People would tune in next week just to be shocked. Then I'd probably have Kenzo Suzuki and/or a better, bigger and more credible Japanese wrestler comes in as his bodyguard to his "Emperor of Wrestling" and the only Japanese wrestler to win the WWE Title (I think).

LK
08-29-2004, 01:23 PM
If Funaki won the title then the alarm clock would go off and I would wake up.

Nark Order
08-29-2004, 01:42 PM
It would most likely mean they were going to fire him. They usually give guys one last bit of spotlight before they go.

Ex: b2

Tornado
08-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I'd be more surprised if they gave the title to Bradshaw.

Oh wait.....:(

Gerard
08-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Who? :shifty:

Mike the Metal Ed
08-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Hmmm, maybe you could get a mark out moment from the fans by having Funaki win the title illegally, then have the belt immediately returned to JBL.