PDA

View Full Version : Rasmus walk off stage at Reading festival

Rob
08-29-2004, 04:00 PM
From NME.com

THE RASMUS have walked off stage at CARLING WEEKEND: READING after being pelted with bottles and mud.

Eyewitnesses at the gig have told NME.COM that as soon as the band came on stage, objects started flying towards where they were playing. One fan had a banner which read ’Burn The Rasmus’.

A fan claimed: “People were throwing bottles and mud. There was so much shit on the stage! A few bars into ’Guilty’ they stopped playing a walked off stage, which was within the first couple of songs.”

A spokesperson for the group told NME.COM the decision to leave the stage was made after bassist Eero was “hit in the eye”.

Bands scheduled to play after The Rasmus include Green Day, 50 Cent, Placebo and The Streets.

:rofl:

Tornado
08-29-2004, 04:08 PM
LOL, if that happned to The Rasmus, i'd LOVE to see what happned to 50Cent....

Rob
08-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Rasmus are girlie pop sh</>ite though pretending to be rock.

Tornado
08-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Rasmus are girlie pop shite though pretending to be rock.
Godd Point...:y:

The Mask
08-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Thankyou, Captain Obvious. :mad:

Anyway, good. Watching people bottle shit bands like Rasmus gives me faith that people still have semi-decent taste in music.

LK
08-29-2004, 04:28 PM
lol

road doggy dogg
08-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Wow, after hearing that it kind of makes me glad that other bands have cancelled this shitty show.

El Vaquero de Infierno
08-29-2004, 04:51 PM
:lol:

Eunos
08-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Damn wish i was there now :(

Ah well..

Reminds me of Good Charlotte last year.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Ahahaha have it you shite wankers

Mr. Monday Morning
08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Wow, after hearing that it kind of makes me glad that other bands have cancelled this shitty show.

Like who? :wtf:

Tornado
08-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Like who? :wtf:
New Found Glory and Yellowcard pulled out so they could attend the MTV VMA's.

El Capitano Gatisto
08-29-2004, 05:39 PM
I would go to that concert just to throw things, looking at that fucking horrible line up.

Rob
08-29-2004, 05:47 PM

Why? It's part of the business.

Danny Electric
08-29-2004, 05:52 PM
My mate just text me, someone threw a camping chair off 50 cents head. Lmao, would have loved to have seen that.
He went off stage early too.

Tornado
08-29-2004, 05:56 PM
My mate just text me, someone threw a camping chair off 50 cents head. Lmao, would have loved to have seen that.
He went off stage early too.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

GOLD.

I LOVE British festival crowds.

MoRcHeEbA
08-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Why? It's part of the business.

it's part of the business to have shit thrown at you and possible injuries? I would have flipped everyone off first before I walked off stage. There's nothing else at reading to do while a band is on stage? if people don't like them they don't need to watch them.

El Capitano Gatisto
08-29-2004, 06:00 PM
It is the Rasmus. They deserved it.

MoRcHeEbA
08-29-2004, 06:09 PM
how did they deserve it? is there a story I don't know about them? do they just make shitty music? if a soccer team plays bad should they be pelted with bottles and mud?

Mike the Metal Ed
08-29-2004, 08:48 PM
do they just make shitty music?

Yes.

If that happened at Reading, I hope for their sake they never show up at Donington.

if a soccer team plays bad should they be pelted with bottles and mud?

Trust me, I felt like doing it a few times when Leicester were shit in 2001.

Mike the Metal Ed
08-29-2004, 08:49 PM
do they just make shitty music?

Yes.

If that happened at Reading, I hope for their sake they never show up at Donington.

Mike the Metal Ed
08-29-2004, 08:50 PM

NOOOOO!!! THE SHOW IS RUINED!!!111!!! :'(

Rob
08-29-2004, 09:49 PM
it's part of the business to have shit thrown at you and possible injuries? I would have flipped everyone off first before I walked off stage. There's nothing else at reading to do while a band is on stage? if people don't like them they don't need to watch them.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's part and parcel of the music biz. You could have flipped them off if you wanted. You probably would have gotten killed though.

Obviously you have never been to Reading. Don't know if you have been to huge music festivals before (I have only been to 2) but once the bigger bands come on, it's near impossible to just walk away and not watch them. Promoters should know not to book bands like this.

To relate it to pro wrestling, during the monday night wars, the rings would get pelted at the end of the shows week in, week out. Guys didn't deserve to get cokes thrown at them but they can't do anything about it because it's part of the biz. Same thing here. Other pro sports don't accept it but there isn't anything you can do about it at concerts so it's part of the game whether you like it or not.

Supreme Olajuwon
08-29-2004, 11:33 PM
NOOOOO!!! THE SHOW IS RUINED!!!111!!! :'(
you listen to Metallica

shhhhhhh

Mike the Metal Ed
08-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Metallica > Pop punk shit.

deathtrap
08-30-2004, 04:06 AM
I'm not saying they deserve it, but The Rasmus made pop music I think, before trying to be goth.

Are people still complaining about Yellowcard and NFG pulling out? I'd say they were doing you a favour

road doggy dogg
08-30-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's part and parcel of the music biz. You could have flipped them off if you wanted. You probably would have gotten killed though.

Obviously you have never been to Reading. Don't know if you have been to huge music festivals before (I have only been to 2) but once the bigger bands come on, it's near impossible to just walk away and not watch them. Promoters should know not to book bands like this.

To relate it to pro wrestling, during the monday night wars, the rings would get pelted at the end of the shows week in, week out. Guys didn't deserve to get cokes thrown at them but they can't do anything about it because it's part of the biz. Same thing here. Other pro sports don't accept it but there isn't anything you can do about it at concerts so it's part of the game whether you like it or not.

What the fuck are you talking about? Music isn't the same type of business that professional wrestling is. Professional wrestling has wrestlers throwing shit in the ring because that's the type of reaction they're trying to incite. There's no such thing as a "heel" band. :wtf: I don't even know how you're drawing this comparison. Wrestling encourages that type of reaction from fans, be it insulting the hometown, making fun of the face, or just being an asshole or whatever. I don't recall many bands going out of their way to be assholes for the sake of being assholes. If people don't like their music that doesn't give them the right to physically harm them and throw shit at them. It really disgusts me when I hear shit like this and that Nickelback show where people throw rocks and stuff at them. What's the point? If you're that desperate for attention that you need to try and throw a rock or a chair at an artist to get a reaction from them, then maybe you should ask yourself why you're even at the concert to begin with.

TheNamelessOne
08-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Nothing makes me happier than a shit band that gets booed off.

Lostprophets at Deconstruction 2002 brings back good memories. Ahhh, the look on that lead singer as he got a bottle thrown at his head. Funny how no one brought this up to Kerrang when talking about their worst festival moments.

What about Kelly Osbourne at Game On a few years back? Crowd boos her, she sticks her middle finger up at the crowd, gets booed even more.

Rob
08-30-2004, 07:43 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? Music isn't the same type of business that professional wrestling is. Professional wrestling has wrestlers throwing shit in the ring because that's the type of reaction they're trying to incite. There's no such thing as a "heel" band. :wtf: I don't even know how you're drawing this comparison. Wrestling encourages that type of reaction from fans, be it insulting the hometown, making fun of the face, or just being an asshole or whatever. I don't recall many bands going out of their way to be assholes for the sake of being assholes. If people don't like their music that doesn't give them the right to physically harm them and throw shit at them. It really disgusts me when I hear shit like this and that Nickelback show where people throw rocks and stuff at them. What's the point? If you're that desperate for attention that you need to try and throw a rock or a chair at an artist to get a reaction from them, then maybe you should ask yourself why you're even at the concert to begin with.

Pro wrestlers are looking for heel reactions. You know, boos and cheers? Not to get belted in the head with beer cans. Still part of the game though. HHow you could have ever been a wrestling fan and say wrestling encourages that type of reaction makes me ask you do YOU know what the fu</>ck you are talking about? I have been to over 50 pro wrestling shows and never felt the urge to throw sh</>it in the ring. I've been to over 50 live music shows and only thrown sh</>it once (not that there is an excuse for it but the band in question DID encourage that "heel" reaction you say bands don't do).

If you don't recall many bands going out of there way to be arseholes then you probably haven't been to a show with more than 3 bands playing. There is always one that people just sh</>it on.

As for Nickleback, do you think they get sh</>it thrown at them at their own shows? Hell no. People pay for festival tickets to see certain bands and unfortunately, there are always bands there you won't like and those bands are going to get abused no matter if it's right or wrong.

Do you think Britney Spears would get a nice reaction if she played Ozzfest?

road doggy dogg
08-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Now you're just being retarded. Professional wrestlers sole purpose is to get a reaction from the fans, be it positive or negative. A heel is supposed to make people "hate" them, be it by booing or signs or whatever. Throwing trash in the ring shouldn't be accepted, but I don't see the WWE doing anything to discourage it.

And again, what the fuck are you talking about? How did Rasmus ENCOURAGE people to throw shit at them? Did they come on their set and say that they banged every guy in attendance's girlfriend? Did they say they loved Hitler and wanted to kill everyone present? From what I know, they simply went there to play their music, not try to stir shit with a couple boneheaded idiots looking to start some trouble. How the fuck can you say they're encouraging that type of behaviour? :wtf:

And maybe the shows you go to are fucked up, but of the 20-30 shows I've been to, I've never ONCE see a band try and get the fans in attendance to hate them or anything. I mean, it's not like they're there trying to sell CDs or anything. :| I have no idea what the hell you're basing this off of, but maybe UK bands are mental or something.

So just because you're at a show and a band you don't like is playing, that gives you the right to abuse them? Hey, I post at this forum and I don't like you, does that give me the right to kick your ass? No, so I don't see why this is any different. People are fucking idiots, that's what it all boils down to.

Rob
08-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Sorry at what point did I say it was right to do so or that Rasmus encouraged people to throw sh</>it at them?

Ska-Wars
08-30-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm not saying they deserve it, but The Rasmus made pop music I think, before trying to be goth.

I heard they used to be a ska band...

JJ Moore
08-30-2004, 08:20 AM

Which was such a great loss, i mean they would have contributed SO much. ;)

Jonster
08-30-2004, 08:37 AM
As someone said earlier (can't be bothered to scroll back up), if they don't like the band, then go see someone else.

That's what I did last year, and I really can't complain about my experience - although I was glad not to get involved in one of the bottle pits that formed...

However, I'm glad some people have some taste, but I don't agree with what they did. It would've had a greater effect if no one was there to see them, rather than lots of people bottling them.

Gertner
08-30-2004, 10:44 AM
"sigh" those were the days, pelting musicians. I remember chucking water bottles at Cake at Edgefest in Barrie.

El Capitano Gatisto
08-30-2004, 10:46 AM
The bottom line of the whole situation is that promoters of festivals are going to have to realise that people don't want to see shitty singles chart acts.

mitchables
08-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Metallica > Pop punk shit.

Oh, thankyou. I haven't laughed so hard since I was a little girl.

mitchables
08-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Which was such a great loss, i mean they would of contributed SO much.

1. "would HAVE contributed SO much."

2. Another Metallica fan. The know-it-alls of music. EVERYONE STEP BACK. Metallica fans know what's best. Lars is the best drummer ever. Take this as gospel, and go!!

Wait...

Waaait...

:roll:

asphyXy
08-30-2004, 02:23 PM
When I saw Black Dahlia Murder live at the NJMH Festival, I shouted obscenities towards them and the whole crowd laughed and agreed with my comments. Some people threw things, but my bottle wasn't empty yet. Their bassist was very angry.

If you don't have talent and you pretend to, you don't deserve any form of approval.

Penner
08-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Metallica sucks

Mike the Metal Ed
08-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Metallica sucks

And your little "punk" bands don't? :roll:

The Mackem
08-30-2004, 03:07 PM
how did they deserve it? is there a story I don't know about them? do they just make shitty music? if a soccer team plays bad should they be pelted with bottles and mud?
Unfortunately they don't allow bottles, in Sunderland's stadium at least and there's no mud about to throw.

Tornado
08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
the Reding/Leeds festivals a mainly Indie/Brit Rock shows. Bands like The Rasmus, Yellowcard and New Found Glory don't really fit. New Found Glory and Yellowcard don't really fit this, and where clever enough to pull out. The Rasmus, sadly, where not. They got stuck playing in front of a huge crowd of people who arn't fans of this type of music. Granted, poeple didn't have to listen, but this was the MAIN stage I believe. So, the people showed their opinions. The Rasmus suck. They got bottled, walked off, result for the crowd. Add 50 Cent, repeat.

Outsider
08-30-2004, 03:45 PM
I was there. In the comedy tent while this happened though sheltering from the rain. Reading and Leeds are not indie fesitvals, hence Green Day headlining yesterday while Supergrass were on the Radio One stage. Reading caters for all rock tastes and Yellowcard and New Found Glory would of faired fine (Blink 182 headlined last year for crying out loud) but the fans have a habit of making it very clear if someone is on the wrong stage at the wrong time. The Rasmus would of probably faired fine if they had been on Saturday I think.

As for what happened to 50 Cent, he tried hard and failed miserably. My favourite part is when he left gaps in the songs for the crowd to fill in, only to be met with complete silence! Left the stage halfway through his set, which was stupid, if he'd of stuck it out he would of earned the crowds respect at least, kinda like Good Charlotte last year

Gertner
08-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I agree with Penner. Metallica sucks.

JJ Moore
08-30-2004, 04:35 PM
1. "would HAVE contributed SO much."

2. Another Metallica fan. The know-it-alls of music. EVERYONE STEP BACK. Metallica fans know what's best. Lars is the best drummer ever. Take this as gospel, and go!!

Wait...

Waaait...

:roll:

nah mike portnoy is a much better if not the best drummer i have witnessed.

sooooo shut the fuck up :D

fonzy
08-30-2004, 06:47 PM
the Reding/Leeds festivals a mainly Indie/Brit Rock shows. Bands like The Rasmus, Yellowcard and New Found Glory don't really fit. New Found Glory and Yellowcard don't really fit this, and where clever enough to pull out. The Rasmus, sadly, where not. They got stuck playing in front of a huge crowd of people who arn't fans of this type of music. Granted, poeple didn't have to listen, but this was the MAIN stage I believe. So, the people showed their opinions. The Rasmus suck. They got bottled, walked off, result for the crowd. Add 50 Cent, repeat.
<center><font color="#0080FF" face="Arial" Size="2">what

i can name at least 15 bands along the same lines as nfg/yc that played over the weekend.. there was a whole stage dedicated to it, for god's sake.

plus 2 of the headline acts.

and i was there.. except not near the main stage when this stuff happened. i was off getting drunk. when i was told about it, i laughed.</font>

Cactus Sid
08-31-2004, 06:08 AM
At the end of the day, I would rather go in the Carling or Radio 1 tent when The Rasmus are on, or go and see Melissa Auf Der Maur during 50 Cent, which....I did.

On the other hand of course, the fact that I missed 50 Cent trying to throw a chair back at 50,000 people, is kind of gutting.

packt up
08-31-2004, 09:04 AM
Its not always true the whole "if you don't like them don't see them line"

Like at a festival you have to bear with some acts to see the better ones from a better position.

Eg any hardcore *insert name of band after Rasmus/50 cent* who wants to get to the front will have to stay and watch the bands before if they want to do so. You don't stand much chance pushing through a festival crowd seriously if you're coming from another stage.

If people don't like a band they can boo them all they want, throwing stuff im personally against but I can see how people can want to do that.

If some shit band comes on at a festival you're pissed off.

Like ECG said if festival organisers made sure that they booked the right kinda bands it would all be better. 50 Cent/Rasmus and Reading just don't mix.

El Capitano Gatisto
08-31-2004, 10:54 AM
All the reports said bottles, but it was only plastic bottles.

The Outlaw
09-01-2004, 01:10 AM
People throwing stuff is pretty lame in my view.

And Lars is the sole reason I hate Metallica. Only reason actually. :meh:

Mike the Metal Ed
09-01-2004, 08:46 AM
People throwing stuff is pretty lame in my view.

And Lars is the sole reason I hate Metallica. Only reason actually. :meh:

When I saw Metallica, there was no Lars. :cool:

The Mask
09-01-2004, 01:08 PM
http://www.jonsmith.plus.com/fifty_cent_bottled_reading04.mpeg

Mike the Metal Ed
09-01-2004, 01:20 PM
http://www.jonsmith.plus.com/fifty_cent_bottled_reading04.mpeg

:lol:

Disturbed316
09-01-2004, 02:43 PM
lol

Gonzo
09-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Metallica doesn't suck.

The Outlaw
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
...And Nicole Bass doesn't have a penis. :)

Mike the Metal Ed
09-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Metallica doesn't suck.

thecc
09-01-2004, 09:17 PM
the one festival ive been to (hellfest) there was no throwing of bottles or anything but there was a riot. i don't know if thats is close enough for this tho.

iamajstyles
09-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Face it peeps. Rasmus SUCK. Point made

deathtrap
09-02-2004, 04:35 PM
yup, they were ska, now they're trying to be gothon a major record label and famous

JJ Moore
09-04-2004, 03:15 PM
When I saw Metallica, there was no Lars. :cool:

Seen em 3 times, once withouth lars :p

ct2k
09-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Splendid:y:

And Morcheeba, hell yes they deserved it. They can be under no illusions about who the majority of their following are, little kids, they can't go to a (semi) legitimate festival with many legitimate bands and hardcore rock fans and expect a warm welcome. Thats the way it goes simple as, dumb fucks:n:

JJ Moore
09-04-2004, 03:41 PM
...And I don't have a penis. :)