PDA

View Full Version : About how much would it cost to customise a belt like to make it look like this?

RemyRed
09-01-2004, 04:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5118374951&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Any idea?

KayfabeMan
09-01-2004, 07:26 AM
I couldn't give you an exact figure, but it'd be quite expensive.

You're looking at probably $350-400 overall, for a complete belt like that.

KayfabeMan
09-01-2004, 07:27 AM
And keep in mind, that's an estimate based on a low-figure. Different belt companies will run different prices for their work / parts, etc...

Shaggy
09-01-2004, 08:35 AM
That belt looks pretty cool. I have no clue how much that might take from your wallet but Im sure that it would cost a pretty penny. The belt alone would be around 250 and then the other stuff added would be a little more. Than again the belt might of come like that at the price of 250 and the person who won it on ebay got ripped off. I dont know.

Dave Youell
09-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Well if it were me, i'd buy the belt of shopzone, and mount it onto whatever other material you wanted, in this case white Leather. the way the belt is designed is only with screws on the back, so you just have to cut your leather and put some holes in it and unscrew the stuff from the old belt and put it on the new belt.

So it's £150 for the belt

and whatever the new Leather would cost.

That's how i'd do it anyway

RemyRed
09-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Hmmm, it might've come like that but it did plug the company who did most of the customizing for him. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too overcharged, but it would've been my fault for being so competitive on Ebay if I am getting ripped off.

KayfabeMan
09-01-2004, 09:16 AM
I definitely don't think that that's a rip off. A lot of that customization takes a while, and if it's done by JMAR, then it's fairly high/good quality. As the owner of all the old WCW replicas and several custom real wrestling belts, I'd say it's a good deal.

The leather working and re-tooling, plus the coating to keep it from cracking, and the nicer backing on the belt, etc.. is a plus as well. Just a bad thing about white leather is while it looks nice, it dirties VERY easily, and sometimes - SOMETIMES (I stress that because it varies) - colored leather such as white, red, etc.. cracks easier than black leather.

Disturbed316
09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Leather backings cost about between $150 - $200, it all depends on what your looking for. Add the adtional cost of the belt and your looking at about $400.

Nark Order
09-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Well if it were me, i'd buy the belt of shopzone, and mount it onto whatever other material you wanted, in this case white Leather. the way the belt is designed is only with screws on the back, so you just have to cut your leather and put some holes in it and unscrew the stuff from the old belt and put it on the new belt.

So it's £150 for the belt

and whatever the new Leather would cost.

That's how i'd do it anyway
Naw, I wouldn't take the chances of doing it yourself unless you honestly knew what you were doing. The problem with just replacing the backing is that the stock backing is a little more complex than it looks. There is small stitching all the way around the stock leather backing that it comes with; not to mention that the side of the leather is hemmed to prevent it from water, grease, ect...