PDA

View Full Version : Some of the worst pushes you can remember.

SuperSlim
12-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Well as of right now I can think of a few.

When they tried to push A-Train. Pathetic. It crumbled.

Bradshaw- remember I think it was a couple of years ago they tried to push him to main event status. Alignin him up with Austin. It was one of the worst pushes I eevr saw. Also considerin the fact that the fans didn't really care about him at the time they were tryin to push him.

Hardcore- I mean sure the guy came back and all but still what is the purpose of makin the monster Champ all afraid of him. All he can do is a lowblow, an Alabama Slam, and a pretty dropkick. It's like give me a break the guy can't do it.

All I can think of for right now.

Eunos
12-31-2003, 10:14 AM
Mark Henry

blake639raw
12-31-2003, 10:25 AM
Shane McMahon

Ricky
12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Rikishi in late 2000.

It completely ruined the "who ran over Stone Cold?" storyline.

All that hype, and it turns out to be that fat ba</>stard.

sexymanalive
12-31-2003, 11:34 AM
Kart Angle

mean come his first year he had all ready hold all the belts escape for the tag team

Head
12-31-2003, 11:41 AM
Kart Angle
Kurt.

And he held all of those titles because he had talent.

I would have to go with the Patriot in late 1997. When no real tensions exist between countries, the WWE has to try to create artificial ones.

Fryza
12-31-2003, 12:18 PM
Nathan Jones.
A-Train.
Mark Henry.
Bradshaw.
Hardcore Holly.
Shane McMahon.
Booker T (I like the guy, but the push more or less killed him off before anything could happen, IMO).

Disturbed316
12-31-2003, 12:21 PM
Rikishi in late 2000.

It completely ruined the "who ran over Stone Cold?" storyline.

All that hype, and it turns out to be that fat ba</>stard.

I'd go with this one

ilt_undertaker
12-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Nathan Jones.
A-Train.
Mark Henry.
Bradshaw.
Hardcore Holly.
Shane McMahon.
Booker T (I like the guy, but the push more or less killed him off before anything could happen, IMO).

<table style=filter:GLOW(color=blue grey,strength=6)"><FONT FACE="FONT NAME" SIZE="3" COLOR="white">And Scott Steiner</FONT></TABLE>

sexymanalive
12-31-2003, 12:23 PM
don't forget the female of the McMahon.

Sephiroth
12-31-2003, 12:32 PM
A-train
Mark Henry
Hardcore Holly
Scott Steiner
Brad Shaw
Rikishi
Shane McMahon

blake639raw
12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
Damn, I forgot about Steiner.

Draven
12-31-2003, 01:25 PM
Hardcore Holly
Rikishi
Scott Steiner
Nathan Jones
A-Train
Stephanie McMahon
Shane McMahon
Bradshaw
Patriot
Mark Henry
King Mabel

Jordan
12-31-2003, 02:02 PM
Chyna, Bob Holly.

KayfabeMan
12-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Ron Simmons in WCW (or WWF for that matter)
General Rection (Hugh Morrus) in WCW
Justin Credible in ECW

moshingfreak
12-31-2003, 05:36 PM
A wrestler being a gold medalist doesn't always mean he has talent. Mark Henry is a gold medalist too.

I thought Mark Henry was just in the olympics. He hasnt won gold before has he?

Head
12-31-2003, 05:38 PM
I never said being a gold medalist gives him talent.

He is talented because he puts on great matches.

And Mark Henry did not win a gold medal in the olympics, he didn't even win a bronze medal, he was just on the power lifting team.

Head
12-31-2003, 05:39 PM
And being a gold medalist does make him talented. It means he is an amazing mat wrestler.

moshingfreak
12-31-2003, 05:41 PM
And Mark Henry did not win a gold medal in the olympics, he didn't even win a bronze medal, he was just on the power lifting team.

YUSSSSSSSS, i thought so.

Anyway, even if Mark Henry did get a gold medal, he probably wouldnt have gotten a push like Angles, since he does weightlifting and Angle does freestyle wrestling

loopydate
12-31-2003, 05:42 PM
Didn't Mark Henry get injured in, like, the first round of the Olympics? I don't think he came anywhere near the finals.

Worst push ever, for me, has to be Bradshaw's push right after the brand extension started. Beer-drinking Texans with minimal talent (as Austin had slipped waaaaaaay down by this point), unite!

MVP
12-31-2003, 06:14 PM
To add to the list:

Billy Gunn
X-Pac
Chyna

Yeah, former DX members. :nono:

moshingfreak
12-31-2003, 06:16 PM
Worst push: Triple H

c4g2
01-02-2004, 05:52 AM
I don't know why you are so set against Kurt, but he is one of the best wrestlers I've ever seen.

A number of his matches are MOTY material, and his mic skills are good. Anyway, his gimmick is supposed to be an arrogant Olympic medallist. It's not his fault if he is put in boring storylines or talks trash, it's the damn bookers' fault.

SuperSlim
01-02-2004, 09:21 AM
man I can't believe I forgot Steiner's push from last year.

Also Booker's push.

One really bad push was Hogan's re-push to the championship

all of Show's pushes cept one. I think he had at least one good push.

Didn't they try to push Test once, I think they did and it woulda went somewhere but they just let him be and forgot all about him. Very very sad.

The push of David Arquette to the championship. After that I really disliked WCW. Most disgraceful act of all-time.

Pepsi Man
01-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah, everyone that's bald is a Stone Cold wannabe. Because there were never any bald wrestlers in the history of wrestling before Austin.

Hulk, Savage, Vader, etc.

Boondock Saint
01-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Big Bossman? His Big Show feud, followed by a title match at Armageddon 99? Blah.

Savio
01-02-2004, 12:01 PM
YUSSSSSSSS, i thought so.

Anyway, even if Mark Henry did get a gold medal, he probably wouldnt have gotten a push like Angles, since he does weightlifting and Angle does freestyle wrestling
...and he's black hell i bet WWE thought rock was white when making him in to a star.

Did you guys forget about spanky? he almost outlasted kurt angle.

Savio
01-02-2004, 12:04 PM
The push of David Arquette to the championship. After that I really disliked WCW. Most disgraceful act of all-time.

He won it in my home town :D.

ColdwaVer
01-02-2004, 12:10 PM

Yes, how silly to think that a gold medalist in wrestling should get a push but not a gold medalist in picking stuff up. I wonder what WWE would do with a gold medalist swimmer. :roll:

Anyways, as far as worst push ever, I'd have to say Tatanka's undefeated streak goes in there somewhere. Why the HELL did anyone care about that?

Pepsi Man
01-02-2004, 12:14 PM
He won it in my home town :D.
I didn't mind it because it made my parents order the PPV which meant I got to watch it.

Well, I quoted the wrong post, but I'm too lazy to fix that.

Nowhere Man
01-02-2004, 03:04 PM
David Arquette- legend has it, Arquette himself was dead-set against it, like just about everyone else in the world. Russo, however, will not be denied his opportunity to royally f</>uck up. Speaking of which....

Vince Russo- Giving the World Title to a B-list celebrity in the sake of PR is one thing; at least that had the intention of getting the media to notice. This was just outright inexcusable.

Hardcore Holly- I'm guessing they're just sort of scratching the barrel to give Brock an opponent to feud with before Benoit, but even so, this is sad.

The Big Bossman- from dog eating to casket surfing, he was the King of Tasteless Feuds, up until Triple H started cutting racist promos and calling himself God.

The One
01-02-2004, 03:27 PM
3 words...King Kong Bundy

Fox
01-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Kronik (WCW) - Brian Adams never had anything going for him, even when he was with the nWo. Atleast Brian Clark was over as Wrath, but why push him as Wrath again? Oh no, let's use marijuana's popularity to push this power-move-only tag team and shove them down the fan's throats. Idiots.

Chyna (WWE) - I know, I know, it was all about Chyna coming out from under Triple H's wing and being the "First Woman to Enter the Royal Rumble/win the Intercontinental Title/whatever," but really, she sucked in the ring, she sucked on the mic, and she did the worst Playboy shoot in the history of the world. Not only that, but they paired her with Chris Jericho, knocking him down a couple pegs. Thank God that's she turned into a psychopath and the WWE will never re-hire her.

Rocky Maivia (WWF) - The Blue Chipper gimmick sucked all kinds of ass. It's hilarious to watch his old matches and then remember that now he's a Hollywood star.

Scott Steiner (WWF) - The Posedown, the weight lifting competition... so much homo-erotic tension between Steiner and Triple H. It's amazing that McMahon spread this feud out across two PPV's.

Kevin Nash (WWF) - I'm talking about his feud with Triple H in 2003. Really the worst I've ever seen the guy.

Norman Smiley (WCW) - He was entertaining at first, but his hardcore title matches were absolutely terrible. I'll never understand why he got as much TV time as he did.

MVP
01-03-2004, 12:07 AM
I'd also like to add

The Cat: His current push is crap because his dance promos are a waste of valuable TV time, and the fans don't know whether to cheer or boo him. His WCW push was just as bad, because on top of bad promos he was a lackluster competetor.

EazyMack
01-03-2004, 02:03 AM
WCW had way too many lame-brained pushes in the mid/late 90s to list.

BasicThuganomics
01-03-2004, 04:48 AM
...and he's black hell i bet WWE thought rock was white when making him in to a star.

Did you guys forget about spanky? he almost outlasted kurt angle.

What the hell does him being black have to do with anything you stupid piece of shit. You and Dark Kane are ****ing idiotic assholes. Both of you need to ****ing leave and never come back assholes!!!!!!

As for worst pushes, Booker T when he came back and fueded with Stone Cold. The WWE made him look like such a jobber during their entire fued. There wasn't even a PPV match, just a squash match on free TV when the fued had fans interested and probably could have drawn decently on PPV i bet. This "push" was just handled badly when it could have really helped Booker T get over towards the main event level.

Mark Henry, A Train, Nathan Jones, John Heidnriche(have no idea how to spell his last name) and so many other big guys that have no talent whatsoever.

David Arquette in WCW was a disgrace to the belt.

McMahon's that fued and take away TV time from actual wrestlers needlessly.

NWO in WWE, they should have steamrolled over the entire roster to be taken as a serious threat. Instead they spend the whole time fueding with Austin and Rock and got their asses kicked by them.

Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner :roll:

The entire WCW/ECW roster during the Invasion. The only way they seemed credible was by having WWE guys join their side.

There are others that i don't want to try and remember.

Oh yeah, Paulthewall and Dark Kane... go **** yourselves assholes!!!!

M-A-G
01-03-2004, 05:34 AM
Agreed with that. :y:

The only reason they gave him all the belts and gave him a main event push right away was because he is nothing but an Olympic gold medalist. Big freakin 'deal. :n:

Nothing but an Olympic gold medalist? That's like saying someone's nothing but a Nobel Prize winner.

M-A-G
01-03-2004, 05:37 AM
A wrestler being a gold medalist doesn't always mean he has talent. Mark Henry is a gold medalist too.

They don't always have talent? Then how the **** did they win the damn medal? A fluke belt shot?

And Henry isn't even a gold medalist. He didn't even place to my knowledge. And never mind that they were competing in two totally different events so that's a pretty dumb analogy.

M-A-G
01-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Anyway, my pick would be Goldberg in WCW. I mean, really, what were they thinking? He drew like, zero dollars and was just getting no response from the fans. What a failure.

But really, I'd go with Test from late 2002. Not so much it was a bad idea in pushing the guy but the way they handled it. A few wins over the typical Raw jobbers and then just giving up until a half-assed Steiner feud isn't exactly money.