Al Snow
Michael Cole
Tazz
Josh Matthews
Bill Demott

tucsonspeed6
09-01-2004, 10:48 AM
on a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best)

Jim Ross 7. I don't think he's quite as bad as everyone says, but he's still not the best I've seen by a long shot.
Jery Lawler 5 "Puppies" brings him down a couple notches, despite the rare hilarious comment he utters from time to time.
Johnathan Coachman 4. I just don't like the guy.
Al Snow 8. For a color comentator, he's almost always got a funny thing to say.
Michael Cole 7. When he isn't saying the stupidest crap you've heard in your life, he's actually a good commentator.
Tazz 6. He just doesn't sound right as an announcer. I know he won't wrestle again, but if he loves the business as much as he does, why not become a manager or a trainer?
Josh Matthews 2. CRAP.
Bill Demott ? Never met the guy.

SuperSlim
09-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Jim Ross- 5. I mean he used to be awesome like a calibur of a 9 or 9.5 awesome but now he is always sayin the same thing. BAH GAWD! and crap like that... It gets too repetitive and therefore his score is really low.
Jer(r)y Lawler- I would give him a 4. Just cause I would've given him a 8 or 8.5 cause although he is a step behind J.R. he also used to be real good but now he just sounds like a horny old man. Drop the horny old guy gimmick now King. It's old.
Johnathan Coachman- 6. I may not really like it but it is at least better than the other three.
Al Snow- 5.5 He's decent. Not the best but not the worst.
Michael Cole - 7. I mean sure this guy is annoying sometimes but he at least watches the matches and calls them.
Tazz- 9 The guy is awesome. He knows exactly what he is talkin about, knows his history. Man I just also miss him bein in the ring. Come back Taz :(
Josh Matthews- meh.. 4... meh.
Bill Demott- 3.5 you suck! plain and simple. No really a 5. He knows what he's talkin about >> I still remember when he was the first to job to Goldberg. He used to be decent in the ring. With his moonsault.

sensai86
09-01-2004, 06:01 PM
Jim Ross-I'll give him a 7.0, I like him, but it's true he not like before.
Jerry Lawler-8.5,he still make me laught
Johnathan Coachman-6.9,He's on his way and I'm a sucker for heels.
Al Snow-7.9,He's great at the chair,plus the way he make fun of jobbers is the best.
Michael Cole-Wrestling wise he on top of his game so I won't hate he a 8.0
Tazz-The man, in the begining I hated him being a commentator,but now I think he great,8.9
Josh Matthews-Alright I won't dog him like everyone esle,but sometimes I like the thing he say,and the way he trys to bring Bill Demott up with todays things,but he still lacks. 5.5
Bill Demott-So cool,always playing Josh it funny as hell and he's turning points rule 6.9 :wtf:

loopydate
09-01-2004, 06:20 PM
Jim Ross

4. He has almost altogether ceased actually calling matches. And, the moves he does call, are rarely called by their right name. He has degenerated into Tony Schiavone mode where he can be watching an Edge/Chris Jericho segment and be talking only about Triple H or Kane. His catchphrases are played out, and his "good ol' boy" gimmick never entertained me to begin with.

Jerry Lawler

6. While his horny-old-man character is awful, at least Lawler pays lip service to the in-ring action. He's no Bobby Heenan, but he does work as an effective heel commentator sometimes, cheering for the Triple Hs and Eric Bischoffs and Kanes. He's barely above-average, though, as he too slips into unnecessary tangents.

Johnathan Coachman

7. What can I say? I'm a Coach mark. He plays the heel interviewer very well, and his commentary on Heat is usually entertaining. He spends a little too much time bantering with Al Snow, but I'd rather listen to him for an hour than JR for two.

Al Snow

3. I loved Al Snow as a wrestler, and as a character, he's phenomenal, but he's not entertaining as a broadcaster. His best gag is a direct rip-off of Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, and he laughs way too much at his own jokes. He's at his best when he's singing the praises of one of his proteges, but he simply doesn't do anything for me. He's much better suited to a Scott D'Amore-type role as a manager/coach.

Michael Cole

8. Sure, he has an annoying voice, but Cole is the closest thing WWE has to a true play-by-play man. He can be a bit "markish" at times, but he's not over-the-top like JR is. From time to time, he can even be genuinely insightful, something that's practically unheard of from the "A" team on RAW. Cole seems to know what he's talking about, and it makes SmackDown more entertaining.

Tazz

7. The best color man in the company. Not saying much, but it's true. Tazz has a very good sense of humor, and his timing is good as well. As a former wrestler, his eyewitness accounts of "I've been in that hold, Cole, and it hurts" help put the wrestlers in the ring over. And isn't that the job of any color man? He loses points for occasional lapses into JR-like catchphraseism (see: "Well...here comes the pain!")

Josh Mathews

6. I honestly don't really know what to make of Mathews. He's okay at calling matches, but he has almost no chemistry with DeMott. I can't really judge him as an individual talent, as DeMott brings the whole commentary team down. He's pretty good, I guess, which is why he gets a slightly above-average rating.

Bill DeMott

3. Not without redeeming qualities, but DeMott simply works better as the "silent killer" type. If he would quit trying to joke around with Mathews and be content to make an insightful comment once in a while, he'd be much better. Instead, he's constantly talking, but almost never saying anything.

Gone Mad
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
You missed one commentator but I'll get to it..

JR: 7, although he was alot better before, he is still one of the best the WWE has for now. He just stumbles alot and can't get a damn wrestler right is all.

Jerry Lawler: 6.5, he was good before especially when he had the fueds with Bret but now, he is getting stale. Though he gets stale, Jerry tends to let a good joke slip by every now and again .

Coachman: 5.6, he is good. He is becoming a big heel and could help him later on to be a better announcer or manager.

Al Snow: 8, he knows his stuff and is very funny. What more could you want from Joey Babaganeush's number one fan?

Mitchel Cole: 8.5, used to be known to me as the most annoying interviewer. Now, he has become the top announcer possibly on both shows. He is just a dork at times.

Tazz: 8, another guy who was pretty damn annoying. Now he has improved for the better, though he should be wrestling but he is doing fine where he is.

Josh Matthews: 5, he shouldn't even be interviewing. Wasn't he near the top when he was on Tough Enough? But either way, he still lacks something.

Bill DeMott: 7, funny guy but needs something more. Just like Tazz, he has his own view on the fight and has a segment for it which is interesting since it is unique and not every commentator has their own views on the fight.

TODD GRISHAM: 2, the new guy.. just because he's the new guy does not mean I hate him. Like how he interviewed this week on Raw, he was a jerk and he just is bland. He is the worst but you never know..

Mikey
09-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Forgot about Grisham. He will probably be Al Snow parter on Heat when Coach goes to Raw after JR retires....whenever that is.

MVP
09-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Jim Ross - 5
Jery Lawler - 2
Johnathan Coachman - 4
Al Snow - 7
Michael Cole - 8
Tazz - 5
Josh Matthews - 5
Bill Demott - 1

Mikey
09-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Jim Ross - 5
Jery Lawler - 2
Johnathan Coachman - 4
Al Snow - 7
Michael Cole - 8
Tazz - 5
Josh Matthews - 5
Bill Demott - 1

Explain yourself

Mike the Metal Ed
09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Jim Ross 6
Jery Lawler 8
Johnathan Coachman 7
Al Snow 7
Michael Cole 5
Tazz 9
Josh Matthews -100
Bill Demott -5145456456416515645675756416546575613513854864865451948645616545648614165446516456165461654198854156 165

Hardkore Kidd J
09-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Okay this is how I rate them

JR 6 I got to give it up for him he knows his crap about wrestling.

King: 7 he always gets me with his jokes

Coach: 8

Josh Matthews: 2

Al snow:5

Micheal Cole: 4

Tazz: This is by far my favorite anouncer I'll give hime a 9. I love the way he would always sing when Rene did his little dance. But I got to admit I miss the ECW Taz

LK
09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
JR - Once the best but now just tends to be annoying - 6
King - See JR - 6
Coach - I like him as the annoying, cocky announcer - 7.5
Al Snow - Knows his stuff and can sometimes be funny - 6
Michael Cole - Good most of the time, works well with Tazz - 8
Tazz - Great knowledge of wrestling and works well with Cole - 8.5
Josh Matthews - Not bad but not great - 5
Bill Demott - I don't particularly like him that much as a commentator - 4