PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else playing WWE Day of Reckoning

Joe Kerr
09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Anyone else playing day of reckoning? Ive just one tag gold with Orton. For some reason Batista got kicked out of evolution instead of Orton...And we fought the Bashams...I wish La resistance was in here as tag champs instead of Smackdown wrestlers. And JBL isnt in the game WTF?? Anyway its deffinatly the best Gamecube Wrestling game..But Im still more for Raw vs. Smackdown. This is just to hold me over till Nov.3

deathtrap
09-01-2004, 05:15 PM
any good storylines?

Joe Kerr
09-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Not the greatest of Storylines but better than Wrestlemania 19 and 18. Its not like Smackdown where you get choices. The only choice I got was wether I wanted to go to Smackdown or Raw.

road doggy dogg
09-01-2004, 06:48 PM
raddcock.jpg

Funky Fly
09-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Wait, it's out? Fuck, I gotta go to the video store. Bye, niggas.

SuperSlim
09-02-2004, 09:54 AM
I think I need a GameCube but I don't think the game is really worth it.

Joe Kerr
09-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Its a short game. I beat it in about 10 hours. Im going to go back through this time on Smackdown.

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2004, 01:42 PM
My buddy got it. He says the story's pretty straight forward and short too. But get this, the CAW mode is so kick ass I'd watch him make a character just to get a taste of it. The camera mod system is WAY better presented than lasy year, and you finished characters actually look real like the real guys. Animations better; I like HBK's intro animation in particular. And it has bar-none the best original CAW music ever; now using commercial stuff.

Joe Kerr
09-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Dont forget that you can custome make your entrance from When and where pyros go off, The lighting colours , Camera shots How long (up to 20 sec.) it takes for your guy to come out on stage, What he does on stage then ramp and ring.

example.

you can have your character come out on stage like edge running around then when he goes to the ramp walk like cena slide into the ring and do a orton pose.

Xero
09-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Great game... The gameplay is GREAT, very realistic... They stay down much longer, the submission engin is great, weight system is great... CAW is exelent! It's VERY in dept... I especially love the weapons system, great weapons! :D

The problem when comparing SvR and DoR (Even though SvR isnt out) is that DoR is more of a simulation like No Mercy was, and SvR will have more of an arcade feel like the rest of the SD series... DoR is a slow game, and it works like a real wrestling match would, while the SD series' gameplay is faster, and less realistic... (IE: People get up sooner than they should, they run too fast, etc) Sure, SvR will have more stuff like features and wrestlers, but DoR is a more fine tuned wrestling simulator...

Do I love DoR? Why, yes.

Will I love SvR? Why, yes.

They're two completely diffrent games, some people will like one, some will like the other, and some, like myself, will like them both...

[/rant]

AareDub
09-02-2004, 03:08 PM
DoR is more of a simulation like No Mercy was

No need to say more, you just sold me on it right there. Gonna have to check it out now. That create an entrance thing sounds pretty awesome too.

The Destroyer
09-02-2004, 03:25 PM
It's out? Bastards. It doesn't come out over here for another month.

Xero
09-02-2004, 03:31 PM
OMG, I'm playing Bret Hart (Me) vs. Shawn Michaels in a hardcore knockout match... I just noticed, as I had the Sharpshooter on for like the 5th time, that Michaels is wearing almost the exact same tights as he did the night of the screwjob... Coincidence?

Disturbed316
09-02-2004, 03:32 PM
OMG, I'm playing Bret Hart (Me) vs. Shawn Michaels in a hardcore knockout match... I just noticed, as I had the Sharpshooter on for like the 5th time, that Michaels is wearing almost the exact same tights as he did the night of the screwjob... Coincidence?

No :shifty:

iamajstyles
09-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Ive got wait till october to play it but it sounds awesome. I especially cant wait to be my fave wrestler of all time Bret the hitman hart and show shawn michaels who the real showstopper is! :)

loopydate
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Ive got wait till october to play it but it sounds awesome. I especially cant wait to be my fave wrestler of all time Bret the hitman hart and show shawn michaels who the real showstopper is! :)
There are mirrors in the game?!?

Funky Fly
09-02-2004, 03:49 PM
It's out? Bastards. It doesn't come out over here for another month.
As long as you pay for your own airfare, you can can sleep over at my place and tag team it up with me. :wave:

Xero
09-02-2004, 03:58 PM
There are mirrors in the game?!?
Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

:lol:

Joe Kerr
09-02-2004, 05:13 PM
I like having 4 ladders in the ring. However it gets chaotic.

AareDub
09-02-2004, 05:54 PM
I like having 4 ladders in the ring. However it gets chaotic.

... making me want to play it even more.

loopydate
09-02-2004, 06:01 PM
I'll probably rent it this weekend. It sounds pretty good, but the poorly-updated roster is a drag. I thought SvR was bad not having Eugene or the Tag Champs, but to not have the WWE Champion? :nono:

However, I adored No Mercy, so I'll give this one a shot.

road doggy dogg
09-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Stop using my font you small-penised gimp

Buzzkill
09-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Why aren't you banned?

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2004, 08:43 PM
After a little more play, I have to say the momentum shift ability rules. I used to think it awards getting your own ass kicked but it's harder to pull off than I thought. The first lowblow momentum shift in the CAW move list is funny as hell.

Mark Jindrak? Carrison Cade?

No Hurricane? No JBL?

Who gives the last say on list, anyway? Why don't they hold a nation wide poll for wrestling game rosters?

Funky Fly
09-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Because it would interfere with their conspiracy to keep me from playing as Ultimo Dragon.

Joe Kerr
09-02-2004, 09:25 PM
After a little more play, I have to say the momentum shift ability rules. I used to think it awards getting your own ass kicked but it's harder to pull off than I thought. The first lowblow momentum shift in the CAW move list is funny as hell.

Mark Jindrak? Carrison Cade?

No Hurricane? No JBL?

Who gives the last say on list, anyway? Why don't they hold a nation wide poll for wrestling game rosters?

Bashams but no La Resistance :( but Brutus the barber beef cake is in it.

mitch_h
09-02-2004, 11:14 PM
The momentum shifts do indeed rule. Damn Cena and his brass knucks.

Funky Fly
09-03-2004, 03:35 AM
Damnnnnnnn. There is one 1 copy in the entire southside of this shitty city, and it's rented. :mad:

I don't have $50 to buy my own. :rant:

Shaggy
09-03-2004, 05:00 AM
The day it came out I went to the nearest Gamestop because my friend was working and I made him put a copy in. I played that damn game for 2 hours right in the middle of the store. It was funny because I was Orton and I got so into the game that I was fighting Beniot and I nailed the RKO and yelled BY GAWD RKO ON BENIOT. My friend and everyone in the store looked at me. It was sad yet funny.

I didnt get to play as any of the legends because I got so wrapped up in other people so I have a question for people who have it.....Does it have the legends real music? Not that crap that Smackdown pulled buy there original theme music. That is the thing I have been waiting for the most about Smackdown Vs Raw and when I found out Hitman was in this game I knew I had to get it. Im gonna be pissed though if its a different theme.

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2004, 06:55 AM
No Legend music. But I must say the song they got Bret Hart coming out to is oddly suitable.

Xero
09-03-2004, 08:42 AM
All the legends come out with the same song...

Bret's movelist is a bit off though... He should have the running inverted bulldog (Neck Breaker in the game) as his facing running grapple, not the swinging neck breaker, and he should have the Austin-type elbow from the top instead of the normal elbow drop (Which isnt even in the game)... Overall though, he's great... Fun to lock on that sharpshooter, and I love the standing version :D

Shaggy
09-03-2004, 11:06 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it all to hell....I had high hopes for this game and when I knew Hitman was in it I wanted to get it right away. But now that I know he doesnt have the same music it ticks me off. I with the Gamecube was like the xbox where you could edit there music. Well heres hoping that atleast for Smackdown Vs Raw they put the music in. Even though it sadens me to say this....I say that if you cant have there real music and make them exact then dont put them in at all.

RemyRed
09-03-2004, 05:54 PM
It's good, but could've been a lot better

Joe Kerr
09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Legends Have there entrances but not there music. :( There is also No elimination chamber match.

Funky Fly
09-03-2004, 06:35 PM
WTF? Missing the boat again. WWE owns the rights to the Hitman music, so why not use it? And no elimination chamber? God damn, I'm gonna have to buy a PS2. As a Gamecube fan, I can only get shitted on by developers and publishers for so long. :nono:

Disturbed316
09-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Boy, am I glad I dont own a Gamecube.

RemyRed
09-03-2004, 06:49 PM
The Xbox has a got a REAL good chance to have the best WWE game this time around. Has more memory, could have the best lineup of the 3 (a damn shame if it doesn't).

AareDub
09-04-2004, 12:01 PM
I didn't know the XBOX was even getting a wrestling game this year.

Xero
09-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I think that WWXXI is set for next year, it's deffenetly not coming out this year... There havent even been any screens or news on it, so my guess would be late summer-early winter next year... I believe that they are rebuilding the whole game...

They would want to get the WMXXI stage in, so that's about a month or two work, unless they get early plans... I say when the next batch of games come out it'll be out...

DS
09-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah, Xbox doesn't have one this year. Wrestlemania 21 comes out in 2005.

Kalyx triaD
09-04-2004, 10:55 PM
And it isn't being done by Anchor. A Jap developer's on it. It ought to be nice. Bret's great, but making him a deciding factor in the grab of an entire game is alittle much.

mitch_h
09-05-2004, 01:17 AM
The CAW is great... already created CM Punk, Samoa Joe and Homicide :cool:

Jacko
09-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Damnnnnnnn. There is one 1 copy in the entire southside of this shitty city, and it's rented. :mad:

I don't have $50 to buy my own. :rant:

Firstly your a tramp :o

Secondly for people in the UK it's coming out on the 17th of this month.

MVP
09-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Boy, am I glad I dont own a Gamecube.

Kalyx triaD
09-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah, damn Zelda and Metroid Prime. I hate Mario Sunshine and Pikimin. Stupid $100 price tag is so unattractive. Who needs the best wireless controller on the market. Resident Evil 4 looks horrible anyway. Four player Mario Kart: DD is the worst. I bought a game machine; why doesn't it play DVD's and music?!? And now a roster Nintendo had no say in; damn them!! They've screwed me for the last time!! Bret doesn't have his music!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Sarcasm.

loopydate
09-05-2004, 01:52 PM
You forgot the worst party game ever: Super Smash Bros. Melee. Good God, there are just too many playable characters and too many modes of play!

Funky Fly
09-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Kalyx, your sarcasm is wasted. If a company's job is to entertain people, they damn well had better give the people what they want. In the case of DoR, using theme music that the WWE actually owns would not have been that hard to do. Leaving it out is just lazy. Not including a huge match like the elimination chamber, when you have it and a hell of a lot more on your game for another system kinda gives the impression that this is more of a side project to them. Hell, they haven't really even changed the roster all that much from WM XIX.

Nintendo and Capcom have nothing to do with this (although Capcom could quit being bastards and release that new fighting game on Gamecube too).

OssMan
09-06-2004, 02:18 PM
this game has the worst music I have ever heard

Kronik
09-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Is there nWo music?

OssMan
09-06-2004, 05:05 PM
no I am talking about the soundtrack

Kalyx triaD
09-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Kalyx, your sarcasm is wasted. If a company's job is to entertain people, they damn well had better give the people what they want. In the case of DoR, using theme music that the WWE actually owns would not have been that hard to do. Leaving it out is just lazy. Not including a huge match like the elimination chamber, when you have it and a hell of a lot more on your game for another system kinda gives the impression that this is more of a side project to them. Hell, they haven't really even changed the roster all that much from WM XIX.

Nintendo and Capcom have nothing to do with this (although Capcom could quit being bastards and release that new fighting game on Gamecube too).

Funky Fly; I agree.

THQ and the WWE ought to be best friends now, and there's no reason why the games shouldn't be the up-2-date equal to some sports games, even if it's easier to render football players instead of hi-rez wrestlers, the inclusion of the latest music is unforgiven; especially if you have the company backing you. Acclaim didn't go out with the best in WWF Attitude, but damn was it up to date. And Y2J appearing in the first THQ/WWE collaboration, WM2000, mere months after he joined the company is proof that they can get their asses in gear if they wished.

But my saracasm was rather toward those who shunned the Gamecube and all of Nintendo for the exclusion of wrestlers . C'mon, you gotta see the shallow implications in that. That's like lashing out on EA Sports for not including Brock Lesner in some stupid training camp mode.

The Destroyer
09-07-2004, 12:05 PM
this game has the worst music I have ever heard
All the THQ produced Nintendo wrestling games I can remember have had rubbishy music. Which is why I usually mute it and stick a CD on.

Kalyx triaD
09-07-2004, 06:07 PM
What I do when I don't care for the game music:

Take out the A Speaker (White) cord and leave in the Vid (Yellow) and B Speaker (Red) cords of the game you're playing. Modify the options of the system to Mono sound output. In the game, turn the BGM all the way down and the SE up a bit. Now with the music playing product of your choice (PS2, XBox, CD Player...), take it's A Speaker cord and place it in the TV. Now with a game system you may need good memory to blindy navigate it's music playing options; and CD's are easier in this fashion, but there you have it: Music you want to listen to, all while still hearing the sound effects of the game. I've been doing this with my N64 and Playstation way back when, so I guess I invented Custom Soundtracks. Take that Microsoft.

Jonster
09-07-2004, 07:52 PM
What I do when I don't care for the game music:

Take out the A Speaker (White) cord and leave in the Vid (Yellow) and B Speaker (Red) cords of the game you're playing. Modify the options of the system to Mono sound output. In the game, turn the BGM all the way down and the SE up a bit. Now with the music playing product of your choice (PS2, XBox, CD Player...), take it's A Speaker cord and place it in the TV. Now with a game system you may need good memory to blindy navigate it's music playing options; and CD's are easier in this fashion, but there you have it: Music you want to listen to, all while still hearing the sound effects of the game. I've been doing this with my N64 and Playstation way back when, so I guess I invented Custom Soundtracks. Take that Microsoft.
I invented custom soundtracks when I did that with my Mega CD.

Also much easier (and my option for the moment), turn the music down, leave sound effects on, and turn the hi fi on that's right next to my gaming tower.

Kapoutman
09-07-2004, 08:00 PM
I ordered it from Amazon. It should arrive this weke. :mad:

OssMan
09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
one of these songs is from Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

Jonster
09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess at "WHen Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000.

Funky Fly
09-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Wait, they actually have a soundtrack this time, and not just shitty BGM?

Kapoutman
09-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Yes they do.

Shaggy
09-08-2004, 05:26 AM
Yea I was surprised to see that there was actual music this time in the game. Most of the bands arent even that big. The only songs I have even heard on there so far were by Breaking Benjamin and Tantric.

I think the best idea that WWE could do is when they bring out a new game on PS2 or Xbox allow it to go online (yes i know smackdown vs raw will be online) and while you are online you can trade created players, awards or stuff you could win and the best thing that I could think of is Upgrade your roster. Like when Evolution turned on Orton and now he has his new music. Just so you dont have to have him come out to Evolutions theme anymore you could go and download content of like his new theme. This could be one of the best things for WWE to of ever done. But the only platform i see this going to is Xbox.

OssMan
09-08-2004, 07:35 AM
TURN IT UP

BRING THE NOISE

Jonster
09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
TURN IT UP

BRING THE NOISE
Oh, that one :)

Joe Kerr
09-08-2004, 01:23 PM
anyone notice in the DoR commercial Cena raps about velocity but Velocity isnt in the game?

#BROKEN Hasney
09-08-2004, 01:32 PM
OH NOES!!!!!!!11!!!

Funky Fly
09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
TURN IT UP

BRING THE NOISE
Anthrax and Public Enemy - Bring The Noise

OssMan
09-08-2004, 04:37 PM
when I first got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, I saw the list of songs that were on it and I thought that "Bring the Noise" was sung by a boy band who had released a song of the same name.

OssMan
09-08-2004, 09:16 PM
it really pisses me off that when I do two finishers within two seconds of each other, he gets back up and counters anything I try to do, and his special bar fills up like half way for it.

Shaggy
09-09-2004, 01:41 PM
I just created my first guy today and I love how you can create the whole entrance for the character. I was never good at actually creating my wrestler to look like anything buy the moves were something that i was good at. I love some of the music in the game. I gave my guy that Polyamourous song by Breaking Benjamin and it totally kicks ass with his whole entrance.

OssMan
09-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Breaking Benjamin is horrible.

Shaggy
09-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Now that i have started playing through the story mode and done the matches and stuff I must say that I have learned a little problem. When I first played the game I loved the music. But sadly because they play the same three songs during every match it has become tire some. All the music in the game is starting to get to me. And the fact that I had that breaking benjamin song was pretty good untill I realized that all the legends have it also....and one more thing....what the hell did they give ric flair a different theme. He doesnt have the one he usually has. What happened to it. When his music played and that crap came on i was ashamed.

Xero
09-11-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty sure Flair's real song is copyright, most likely to an orchestra or something... Most games now have a cheap knockoff for Flair... I think only one game has had his real theme...

The Destroyer
09-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah, presumably WWE doesn't want to pay the costs of licensing the music for use in video games as well on TV...

OssMan
09-11-2004, 05:25 PM
wow. Triple H no sells every single move in the game. I set my finisher as the Burning Hammer, which is some high degree of strength and I hit it seven times on him in four minutes and he got right up every single time, without lying on the ground for one second. like seriously, I would do the move and he would hit the ground and bounce to his feet.

Funky Fly
09-11-2004, 06:57 PM
wow. Triple H no sells every single move in the game. I set my finisher as the Burning Hammer, which is some high degree of strength and I hit it seven times on him in four minutes and he got right up every single time, without lying on the ground for one second. like seriously, I would do the move and he would hit the ground and bounce to his feet.
ROFL.

And I thought his no selling in XIX was bad. How is the actual moves list compared to XIX, btw? Do they have the Asai DDT? :love:

OssMan
09-11-2004, 09:53 PM
ROFL.

And I thought his no selling in XIX was bad. How is the actual moves list compared to XIX, btw? Do they have the Asai DDT? :love:the moves list seemed to improve from the previous games. a lot more new moves and less of the moves that were in every game since 1999. also the grappling system is a little different, but nothing major.

I don't think the Asai DDT is in the game, because Ultimo Dragon isn't, ( :gay: ) but the Asai Moonsault is. not like the Asai Moonsault is any different from the other moonsaults to the outside though.

Kapoutman
09-11-2004, 10:37 PM
The Asai DDT can be bought from the shopzone. I did, it is sweet as hell. :cool:

Funky Fly
09-12-2004, 12:22 AM
The Asai DDT can be bought from the shopzone. I did, it is sweet as hell. :cool:
:love:

Funky Fly
09-13-2004, 04:01 PM
This game is crazy. I finally managed to get a rental. I ended up staying up all night playing. Joining Evolution = :love:

The moves list is much improved, but still lacking.

OssMan
09-13-2004, 04:05 PM
the thing is, you aren't allowed to make any choices in the story and you can't lose matches :mad:

Kapoutman
09-14-2004, 06:31 PM
I lost a match during the story mode. Against Ric Flair.

I just love that game. :love: Does anybody know if the story changes depending of if you made your CAW a "dirty" or a "clean" wrestler?

OssMan
09-14-2004, 06:42 PM
also, I won a match by submission but there was going to be a run-in at the end. I made him tap out and it said "this match requires a clear winner."

oh well, I beat it in like three days, probably gonna get a ps2. this game was the only reason I have been keeping my gamecube.

Funky Fly
09-14-2004, 08:48 PM
also, I won a match by submission but there was going to be a run-in at the end. I made him tap out and it said "this match requires a clear winner."

oh well, I beat it in like three days, probably gonna get a ps2. this game was the only reason I have been keeping my gamecube.
Send it to me then.

OssMan
09-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Funky Fly, what else do you think I would do :roll:

Mister Sinister
09-14-2004, 09:07 PM

Can you send me your Power Cord? Since I don't have one :(

OssMan
09-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Can you send me your Power Cord? Since I don't have one :(no

I am planning on selling it, and I don't think I will get any money if it comes without the cord it needs to turn on.

Funky Fly
09-14-2004, 09:55 PM
:love:

Funky Fly
09-15-2004, 07:31 AM
Also, has anyone noticed that Garrison Cade's theme is a chopped up version of Nathan Jones' without the Australlian instrument on top.

Penner
09-18-2004, 02:48 PM
does this have no mercys engine or something

Funky Fly
09-18-2004, 07:33 PM
does this have no mercys engine or something
Picture Wrestlemania XIX (which is kinda like No Mercy), slow down the action, make wrestler's stats more meaningful (I can't make HHH job to a diva, so the stats are waaaay improved), bump up he graphics a lot and make the movelist more interesting.

thecc
09-18-2004, 08:50 PM
wmxii will hopefuly own. They better have the feature to use your own music again.

OssMan
09-18-2004, 09:22 PM
wmxii will hopefuly own. They better have the feature to use your own music again.what? Wrestlemania XII was eight years ago. I assume you're talking about Wrestlemanina XIX, but that came out last year. it sucked.

also, no WWE games have had a feature to use your own music.

DS
09-18-2004, 09:53 PM
what? Wrestlemania XII was eight years ago. I assume you're talking about Wrestlemanina XIX, but that came out last year. it sucked.

also, no WWE games have had a feature to use your own music.
The Xbox games do. I hope that the future PS2 games do the same with the HDD but I don't think they will.

Funky Fly
09-18-2004, 10:42 PM
It would be pretty awesome if the next gen systems all feature hard drives. I'd be willing to pay $70 - $100 more for say 80GB of disk space with my console.

DS
09-18-2004, 11:13 PM
No doubt.

I got the PS2 HDD for free but I don't really use it because not many games make use of it. If the systems started with online capability and hard drives they'd be amazing.

Funky Fly
09-18-2004, 11:38 PM
No doubt.

I got the PS2 HDD for free but I don't really use it because not many games make use of it. If the systems started with online capability and hard drives they'd be amazing.
For sure. I'll be a graduate in 2 years, so I'll probably have a job when the new consoles hit the market. I'll probably get all 3 since I am a huge gaming freak. :cool:

Mr. Monday Morning
09-23-2004, 07:28 PM
I am pretty f</>ucking disappointed with this game

The Destroyer
09-23-2004, 07:43 PM
It's pretty good, but it's not good enough.

Proper story mode is a plus, but it's utterly linear, and therefore a total letdown. The fact you have to take CAWs through it to get decent stats is annoying too. Otherwise it's not vastly different from WM XIX, some minor changes aside (submission gauge, limited weapons etc.). Oh well, it took AKI 4 attempts to make the definitive N64 wrestling game, maybe it'll be 4th time lucky here as well (assuming the next gen systems don't magically appear in a year)...

Funky Fly
09-23-2004, 08:00 PM
It's pretty good, but it's not good enough.

Proper story mode is a plus, but it's utterly linear, and therefore a total letdown. The fact you have to take CAWs through it to get decent stats is annoying too. Otherwise it's not vastly different from WM XIX, some minor changes aside (submission gauge, limited weapons etc.). Oh well, it took AKI 4 attempts to make the definitive N64 wrestling game, maybe it'll be 4th time lucky here as well (assuming the next gen systems don't magically appear in a year)...
That's basically my view. I don't see why Yukes can't put all the features that they include in the PS2 series in their GC series. Are the GC discs too small, or do they just not care?

Spoon Bender
09-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I was gonna buy it, then I bough Transformers season 2 instead. Dammit!

Xero
09-29-2004, 02:54 PM
That's basically my view. I don't see why Yukes can't put all the features that they include in the PS2 series in their GC series. Are the GC discs too small, or do they just not care?
GC discs are 1.5GB... I believe that PS2 DVDs can be anywhere from 1GB to 4GB... So yeah, it could be the size problem...

Edit: Just checked the HCTP disc in my DVD drive, it's 4.21GB... So it's about 3 times the size....

#BROKEN Hasney
09-29-2004, 03:24 PM
It's not size, definatly. Although the discs are only 1.5gb, it is mostly taken up with video. Say an elimination chamber texture would only take up 100mb at most, they could have downsampled the titantrons or made the intro use the engine instead of video (which was pretty shitty, because it's all in-game gfx anwyays... it would have saved ~100mb)

Think how much was crammed into WWF No mercy's 16mb cart.

Scarface
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
The fact you have to take CAWs through it to get decent stats is annoying too.

Any create a wrestler you create after completing once will have 800 stats points allocated to him and 1000 after the second time through. meaning you have CAW's with better stats than Trips. Unless this isn't on whatever version you have. :-\

Kapoutman
09-30-2004, 12:47 AM
It's not size, definatly. Although the discs are only 1.5gb, it is mostly taken up with video. Say an elimination chamber texture would only take up 100mb at most, they could have downsampled the titantrons or made the intro use the engine instead of video (which was pretty shitty, because it's all in-game gfx anwyays... it would have saved ~100mb)

Think how much was crammed into WWF No mercy's 16mb cart.
No Mercy was 256mb I think.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-30-2004, 03:43 AM
No Mercy was 256mb I think.

Kinda. Cartridges are measured in megaBIT not megaBYTE which is what computers use. So the comparison to 1.5 gigabyte would be No Mercies megabyte size which is 16mb

The Destroyer
09-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Any create a wrestler you create after completing once will have 800 stats points allocated to him and 1000 after the second time through. meaning you have CAW's with better stats than Trips. Unless this isn't on whatever version you have. :-\
Yeah, I posted that before I fully completed the story mode, so I didn't realise about the 800 stat point thing. I'll have to finish it a second time to get the 1000 one now...

#BROKEN Hasney
09-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I think it's pretty lame that the story is exactly the same whatever brand you go on though, just with different wrestlers

The Destroyer
09-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, they could have at least tried to make it different for Smackdown, or at least made the story non-linear...