PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Tom Prichard Released

Boondock Saint
09-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Credit: PWInsider.com

Dr. Tom Prichard has been officially released by WWE. No reason has been announced at this time, but it happened today and came apparently very suddenly.

Apparently, Tommy Dreamer will be taking over Prichard's responsibilities with WWE, including the work Dr. Tom did in the WWE developmental program. Dreamer was sent to OVW earlier in the week and announced to the guys he was there to observe the developmental process.

As things turned out, Dreamer was there to prepare for his new responsibilities, whether he was at the time aware of it or not.
------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah. Just read this. Dunno if anyone else has heard anything about it? Anybody care? Good news for Dreamer, I guess.

CANADIAN
09-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Sad for Dr.Tom, Good for Dreamer.

Funky Fly
09-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Yeah, well that was out of the blue.

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2004, 04:03 AM
I was really fond of Dr Tom's commentary and psychological skills. I hope to see Prichard find success where ever he searches for it. :y:

Shaggy
09-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Im very surprisded. I met Dr. Tom about 2 months ago at a little indy promotion thing down here and he was nice gave everyone autographs and I asked him about him in the WWE and he said that he loved being there and he knew it was something he could see him say staying untill he died. Thats just odd that now he is gone.

The Ravishing One
09-03-2004, 07:35 AM
Sad for Dr.Tom, Good for Dreamer.

:y:

Corkscrewed
09-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Good for Dreamer. Prichard is a smart man, and I'm sure he can find work elsewhere. It's still a shame to lose him, but he's got a good chance of having everything work out, since he's not useless or anything.

KayfabeMan
09-03-2004, 08:22 AM
He'd be extremely valuable in many ways to NWA-TNA. They should get rid of a schmo like D'Amore who is eating up time and space both on and off the camera, and take on Dr. Tom to handle a few things for them.

Something must have went on, because it doesn't make any sense as to why after his many years there and all of his service he's just canned suddenly and with no advance notice. Usually that only happens when it's a "situation" (ex. Bret Hart screwjob, etc..)

Loose Cannon
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Wow, a little suprised here. Yeah, it would be a decent pick up for TNA for help them out.

Dorkchop
09-03-2004, 11:55 AM
When I read that, I was like "Whoah!". I'm happy for Dreamer. So now the WWE has Lance Storm and Dreamer working for upcoming superstars. Do you have any idea how great the wrestling in the WWE is going to be in like 2 years?

Innovator
09-03-2004, 12:46 PM
I did not see that one coming

tucsonspeed6
09-03-2004, 02:24 PM
When I read that, I was like "Whoah!". I'm happy for Dreamer. So now the WWE has Lance Storm and Dreamer working for upcoming superstars. Do you have any idea how great the wrestling in the WWE is going to be in like 2 years?
:y:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
09-04-2004, 10:19 AM
strange considering they have just put up a huge article about him last week

http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1270601

Hired Hitman
09-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Dreamer, Dreamer, Dreamer! ... I don't really care :$

Mikey
09-04-2004, 11:14 AM
I did not see that one coming