PDA

View Full Version : Pikmin 2

road doggy dogg
09-03-2004, 11:51 PM
So okay, I thought this game was coming out like way later. I went on IGN today to find just when it was released actually, and they had a review up and everything. So yeah, looks like I'm buying this tomorrow.

Anybody else getting it? It looks HOT. All the awesomeness of the original, sans time limit. Two new Pikmin types, and a shitload more stuff, not to mention a much longer game overall. Me likey. :love: I haven't been this pumped about a game since Metroid Prime probably. Gonna be sweeeeeet. The original game was so damn addictive, fun, and ORIGINAL. I can only imagine how many hours of my life I'm going to waste on this, since I can do it at my own pace now. The 30-day timer was the most annoying thing ever, but with that gone this game will = pwn.

So yes, discuss the awesomeness of Pikmin 2 here, and when I buy it and play it a bit tomorrow I'll add my own thoughts.

Funky Fly
09-04-2004, 12:00 AM
I've been meaning to play Pikmin. I think I'll rent them both over the weekend.

Funky Fly
09-04-2004, 12:00 AM
They have 34278967 copies of it at the video store but only 1 copy of Day of Reckoning. This is bullshit.

road doggy dogg
09-04-2004, 12:02 AM
That's okay, because Pikmin >>>>>>> wrestling

Requiem
09-04-2004, 12:19 AM
Is it on PS2?

road doggy dogg
09-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Er... nope

Requiem
09-04-2004, 12:24 AM
:'(

Funky Fly
09-04-2004, 07:55 AM
That's okay, because Pikmin >>>>>>> wrestling

Perhaps, but this pretty much guarantees that I won't play DoR till January. Hell, I might just dive all the way to the westside just to rent it.

road doggy dogg
09-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Just get Pikmin and you'll be hapyp :mad:

Ninti the Mad
09-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Is it like Lemmings?

If not or so, what type of differences make this game unique?

road doggy dogg
09-04-2004, 06:46 PM
It has the same idea as Lemmings, as in you have to control mindless little beings to performing tasks for you.

There's some differences though. Not really a gameplay issue, but the whole 3Dness of it makes it a bit different. Your objective isn't to get the Pikmin to a target area (like in Lemmings), but to get them to perform other tasks for you. In the first Pikmin, your character, Captain Olimar, had his spaceship destroyed and the parts were scattered across the planet. You had to, with the aid of the Pikmin, recover the parts and carry them back to your spaceship. So basically, it's kinda like Lemmings, just with a different overall objective. You can spawn new Pikmin by killing animals or finding these weird circle things with a number on top (hard to explain unless you've played the game :mad: ), so ultimately you can have an unlimited amount of Pikmin with you. You can only have 100 out at a time, but usually anywhere from 40-60 is more than enough for any given task.

I dunno, pretty different game, but if you're a fan of the Lemmings games you'd probably enjoy it.

Buzzkill
09-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Gamecube is such a kiddy system :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Funky Fly
09-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Lemmings was lots of fun, then it would rapidly get boring. The Christmas version was the man.

Buzzkill
09-04-2004, 07:22 PM
If I still had my GC I'd give it a try. The first Pikmin was pretty own

road doggy dogg
09-06-2004, 03:51 AM
You know that feeling when you're looking forward to something for so long, and when it finally happens you want to splooge yourself?

Pikmin 2 is like that.

mitch_h
09-06-2004, 04:07 AM
The firs Pikmin was surprisingly awesome. I heard this one will have a co-operative mode which could be pretty fun.

road doggy dogg
09-06-2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah I dunno, haven't tried any of the 2-player stuff out yet. I don't think there's a full-blown co-operative story mode or anything, but there appears to be a lot of "versus" type things at least. I'm not totally sure yet... once me and my sister both get reasonably far in the story mode we'll probably try a couple 2-player modes out

Buzzkill
09-06-2004, 04:17 AM
You know that feeling when you're looking forward to something for so long, and when it finally happens you want to splooge yourself?

Pikmin 2 is like that.
lol