PDA

View Full Version : YES

Lotus
12-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Bill Callahan got fired today (or yesterday, not sure which) by the Raiders. All I can say is that this firing couldn't have come sooner for Oakland. In the San Jose Mercury News, 5 possible replacements for the head-coaching job are Dennis Green (hopefully the next Raiders' coach), Rick Neuheisel (Washington guy who bet on the NCAA Tourney), Jeff Tedford (Head Coach at Cal), Jim Mora (D-Coordinator of SF), and Charlie Weis (O-Coordinator for New England). Thank God. Any coach other than Callahan will be an improvement over this year.

MTR
12-31-2003, 05:06 PM
Coaches are fired too fast these days. No one gives coaches chances anymore.

Lotus
12-31-2003, 05:08 PM
That's true, but Callahan had to go. Not only because of the fantastic four-win season, but no one liked the guy on Oakland. Charles Woodson and Tim Brown both said they would not play for Oakland if Bill was still their head coach. He caused so many riffs that it would have been impossible for Callahan to stay.

FearedSanctity
12-31-2003, 05:22 PM
Nah, I think it's because the Raiders just suck :p

Seriously though, why did they fire him because of 1 bad season? One bad season is bound to happen sometime. I mean, in the man's 2 season head coach career with the Raiders he took them to the Super Bowl the first year. But yeah, if the Raiders take anybody, it should be Dennis Green.

MoRcHeEbA
12-31-2003, 05:29 PM
the raiders were gonna go to the superbowl last year no matter who their coach was, they were built the last couple years.