PDA

View Full Version : Football players turned wrestling stars

SuperSlim
09-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Well I basically wanted to do this for a comparison of two guys.

One is in TNA.

The other was in WCW and was in WWE.

TNA: The Alpha Male Monty Brown

WCW/WWE: Goldberg

Well after watchin the two of them. I've watched their matche against jobbers and against stars. I've seen them conduct interviews. And I really would like to get the opinions of you out there as to which of the two do you deem as better overall.

As much as I dislike Goldberg, for the Bret thing :mad: , I must say that I would rather watch Goldberg in the ring and listen to him growl on the mic than Monty Brown.

Monty has no charisma whatsoever, when he talks it's a piss break when you wither leave to take one or you get pissed and want to throw somethin at the TV. And then he always ends it with a high pitched "The POOOUUUUNNNNNCCCEEEE UHHHH! PERIOD." Who gives hlaf of a piece of a bloody piece of monkey crap about "the pounce." It's just as slack as JBL's clothesline except JBL makes his clothesline somethin with a lil mroe excitement.

Monty in the ring is really snoresville. Sometimes, like rarely, he will catch your interest but for the most part it's crap.

Now... the other side of the coin.

Goldberg.

This guy has no charisma at all but he can growl like no other guy in the business in the past, present, or future.

Back in WCW when he was runnin through jobbers, it was actually somethin to watch. I mean here comes this Stone Cold look alike runnin through folks like it's nothin. He had the spear then he had the jackhammer, random question... has anyone ever kicked out of the jackhammer? Anyway back on topic. The spear although it was a lil weak sometimes, othertimes really seemd to be somethin. And the jackhammer was always somethin to see. Especially the unthinkable. Jackhammer on The Giant.

In ring, Goldberg floats around the ring as gracefully as a ballerina with two broken legs and no sense of balance. Aight maybe not that bad, but he really was terrible at sellin and everything. But he got better, a lot better than what he used to be. He could still make a match just cause of his name. Sometimes.

So in conclusion Goldberg or Monty Brown, if it came to buyin a DVD that featured the best of either of these wrestlers, I would take Goldberg's over Monty's. Goldberg got my pick to put it plainly.

Aussie Skier
09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
who the hell is this monty brown everyone is talking about?

SuperSlim
09-09-2004, 11:28 AM
who the hell is this monty brown everyone is talking about?

Watch TNA Friday round 3 on FSN... he should be there.

Aussie Skier
09-09-2004, 11:38 AM
i live in in australia, so i dont think its on here.....

plus i dont have cable tv, which doesnt help matters

SuperSlim
09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
crap... then I really don't know how to help ya out with that man.

Aussie Skier
09-09-2004, 11:41 AM
crap... then I really don't know how to help ya out with that man.

np

by the sounds of it....doesnt seem like i'm missing much with monty brown tho.

i'm curious because on ewr he isnt on there, so i have never even heard of him b4

HankScorpio
09-09-2004, 11:43 AM
when did Monty come into it? we get TNA 6 months behind over here

RemyRed
09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't think that's all Monty Brown's fault (his promos), I think they write the promos for him backstage to make him seem like a stupid monster. He was pretty good on The Best Damn Sports Show Period.

loopydate
09-09-2004, 02:42 PM
I kinda like his in-ring mannerisms (sniffing his opponents' fear, wiping his sweat on the turnbuckles), but I agree that his promos are shit. This, for those who don't know, is - in essence - a Monty Brown promo.

"JEFF JARRETT! You call yourself King of the Mountain... Well, in the Serengeti... There ARE no mountains... And the Serengeti... Is a very... DANGEROUS! PLACE! Jeff Jarrett. You will... feel... the PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOUN-SUH! PERIOD!"

Gerard
09-09-2004, 02:50 PM
I dont think anyone has kicked out of the jackhammer, unless maybe heel goldberg vs face hogan, may have happened then but i dunno. :$

Funky Fly
09-09-2004, 02:59 PM
I actually like Monty Brown's promos. He's one of the more well-spoken football players turned wrestlers.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I say choice C.

Brian Pillman

Corkscrewed
09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
There's always The Rock... :D

OssMan
09-09-2004, 06:46 PM
FEEL THE POUNCE

Amaroqwolf
09-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Did you people forget almost every wrestler that went to highschool, acctually played Wrestling at one point. Even Spike Dudley and Shannon Moore.

Quoth the Raven, Nevermore.

Mike the Metal Ed
09-10-2004, 12:56 AM
when did Monty come into it? we get TNA 6 months behind over here

The Alpha Male is on TNA here now. He should be on next Wednesday.