PDA

View Full Version : Good News, JBL "fans!"

Corkscrewed
09-09-2004, 06:17 PM
From Wrestleview:

- The word going around at this time is that although Vince McMahon is happy with John Bradshaw Layfield's character and has kept him as WWE Champion longer than many expected, he still sees The Undertaker and Kurt Angle as the top two stars of the SmackDown brand, with John Cena at a close third. Many feel it is only a matter of time before the WWE Title revolves around someone other than JBL as changes are said to be underway at this time.

Although where's Eddie Guerrero? :'(

Rain Man
09-09-2004, 06:18 PM
I'll tell you where Eddie is, on a bus to jobbed hell with Benoit

Astley316
09-09-2004, 06:21 PM
they probably dont wanna put too much pressure on eddie g right now

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Smackdown is so screwed up - Eddie Guerrero is the most entertaining wrestler on the show and he should be in the main event scene. Also, the show's got Booker T and RVD on it, they're over, and yet they're nowhere near the main event scene since being traded.

Vince should really trade a few Raw guys over to Smackdown to at least make the show more interesting - there are more deserving talent on the books than the likes of Suzuki and Heidenreich that deserve air time.

mike616
09-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey, as long as BJL won't be champ for very long then I'am happy.

Disturbed316
09-09-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry to say this...but JBL is growing on me :$ :'(

Although I would much rather see guys like RVD, Booker, Eddie hold the title than JBL.

Transplant
09-09-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry to say this...but JBL is growing on me :$ :'(

Although I would much rather see guys like RVD, Booker, Eddie hold the title than JBL.

loopydate
09-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I don't mind JBL the character. In fact, once he drops the title, I don't think a U.S. Title feud is out of the question, but I don't like him as WWE Champion. That belt is too prestigious for him.

Champion of Europa
09-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Smackdown is so screwed up - Eddie Guerrero is the most entertaining wrestler on the show and he should be in the main event scene. Also, the show's got Booker T and RVD on it, they're over, and yet they're nowhere near the main event scene since being traded.

Vince should really trade a few Raw guys over to Smackdown to at least make the show more interesting - there are more deserving talent on the books than the likes of Suzuki and Heidenreich that deserve air time.

I wouldn't think about putting the title on Eddie with what happened on Smackdown this week. He blanked out during his match with Kurt and many backstage got worried. It is believed to be related to his stress.

Gertner
09-09-2004, 08:19 PM
I actually enjoy JBL as a champion.

Joe Kerr
09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
I admit i like JBL's smirk Character at being a ass and when He was in Canada saying God Bless america was Gold. I like the Bradshaw now then the APA Bradshaw, Bradshaw Might be the best heel on Smackdown.

Chavo Classic
09-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I don't mind JBL the character. In fact, once he drops the title, I don't think a U.S. Title feud is out of the question, but I don't like him as WWE Champion. That belt is too prestigious for him.

He's a good heel. He gets good heat (legitimate or not) and people actually want to see him lose, which is what a heel should do. But, his ability doesn't warrant a place in the top tier so, yeh, maybe a shot at the US title isn't so far fetched. Plus Vince won't have to admit he was wrong and bruise his ego because he wouldn't be dropping his prodigy completely.

Shaggy
09-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Just like some of the others have said here....I must admit that I have actually become a fan of JBL. I am always a fan for the heels but I never thought that I would become a fan of JBL. But after a few of his promos and what he did in the ring and all I must say that he has grown on me. I dont mind him being the champ because sadly I never really thought of Eddie as a heavyweight champ. And sad to say it but the same with Beniot. I was a fan of Beniot from way back in the days when he first came to WcW but sadly I just never saw heavyweight champ any where near him.

RemyRed
09-09-2004, 08:56 PM
^^ Same here, I was a fan of both Eddie Guererro and Chris Benoit since the WCW days, but for some reason them as champions didn't really seem right. They just didn't seem World Champ material. Plus the whole gimmick with Benoit being "FOR REAL!" was pretty awful, the same thing with Guererro talking like a jackass (Esse', Homes, etc. He can speak perfect english.).

Batsu
09-09-2004, 09:03 PM
I like JBL as a character, but he's not the type of wrestler to carry a brand...

the current champions on both brands are lacking in one way or another.

Benoit / Guerrero were the best 2 champs on WWE belts since Angle and HHH.

MVP
09-09-2004, 10:09 PM
In my opinion the main event scene could be a lot worse on Smackdown, in fact it's probably the best part of the Smackdown roster. Eddie Guerrero is in a program with Kurt Angle which is excellent because both of them blend well together in their matches. JBL is an interesting character to say the least, unfortunately for him he's receiving little reaction from the fans, especially in his matches, and it's even worse when Taker's in the ring because he gets heat when there aren't any hardcore Taker marks.

I think when JBL finally jobs the title he'll move down the card and hopefully Eddie can take his place.

Rain Man
09-09-2004, 10:59 PM
So if the plan is Taker winning the title at No Mercy how long do you think he will have it? I'm saying up to Royal Rumble where Cena defeats him and goes into Wrestlemania the champ.

The CyNick
09-09-2004, 11:04 PM
All this blame is so stupid.

Vince is to blame because he wanted to make RAW look superior, and lately he's been grasping at straws to hand out blame.

I mean first it was Eddie, and as a result they went to JBL off the Germany incident and because Vince loved him. Business continues to erode, and now its all of a sudden JBL's fault. Look, you may not like JBL as a main guy, but you cant blame him for anything because the WWE was stupid enough to make him World Champ.

Hopefully they go to Taker-Angle for the Fall/Winter instead of saving it for Mania. Hopefully we see Cena as the guy challenging for the title against Kurt at Mania.

As for Eddie, he's in a tough spot. I say they get him and Chavo to reform a team, and stick to the tag division. Maybe even hook up with Rey and they could be a strong babyface group. In a perfect world they'd give him another shot on top, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Gone Mad
09-10-2004, 12:13 AM
JBL as champ < A BLT as champ.

Yeah,where is Eddie? With Show coming back and Carlito Crappy Crap coming, where is Eddie going to be? No wonder the poor guy is stressed! If I see Eddie teaming up with Holly fighting Kenzo and Heidenreich on Velocity, then.. well, that is just.. t..NOO! **head explodes**

Corkscrewed
09-10-2004, 01:06 AM
If I was a booker, I'd have Booker T beat Cena in game 5 via some cheapness, when go feud with Eddie somehow. Taker will probably fued with Angle, and after Eddie finishes his feud with Luther, he could conceivably go against JBL again.

King Jericho
09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
I'm loving JBL as the champion, although its ratings is all the seems to matter right now, so no doubt he'll lose the title soon anyways.

I wouldn't mind seeing him lose the belt, as long as it's not to the Undertaker, really anything but that.

Dave Youell
09-10-2004, 08:04 AM
Man that sucks for Eddie, he was and is the dog bolloxks on smackdown right now, but he does need some well earned time off, he's been holding smackdown on his shoulders for the past 8-9 months now.

Aussie Skier
09-11-2004, 08:47 AM
As for Eddie, he's in a tough spot. I say they get him and Chavo to reform a team, and stick to the tag division. Maybe even hook up with Rey and they could be a strong babyface group. In a perfect world they'd give him another shot on top, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

WHAT!!!! R u crazy!!! Eddie and Chavo in a team! They've only broken up 8 months ago!
and Chavo gets awesome heal heat, why try to turn him face again,...or, why try to turn eddie heel again!

Innovator
09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
The minute JBL loses to Undertaker, he and Eddie need a deciding match (with a non screwjob ending) and Eddie needs to go over. Then maybe Eddie can start to ascend again.

Boondock Saint
09-11-2004, 04:19 PM
WHAT!!!! R u crazy!!! Eddie and Chavo in a team! They've only broken up 8 months ago!
and Chavo gets awesome heal heat, why try to turn him face again,...or, why try to turn eddie heel again!

It would be weird, sure. But it has happened before. Remember when the Outlaws split up around early summer 99, Gunn going heel and Dogg face. By...what was it? Late Sept. I think, they reunited again.

I wouldn't mind seeing Los Guerrreros again. I think Eddie should stay in the title picture though, but I want Chavo to do something as well. Hasn't done much since his dad was fired, and now he's injured. :-\