PDA

View Full Version : Big Show Appreciation Thread (spoilers)

Corkscrewed
09-10-2004, 02:16 AM
I know we often dog on him, but Big Show made my night tonight. SmackDOWN! hasn't had a high adrenaline ending like that in quite a while, and IMO it needs more endings like that.

I'm glad they surprised us with his return. Instead of hyping something up, they pulled a swerve and redebuted him early, and that's pretty cool. It's not the typical quick fix... stuff like this can actually get people excited.

He got a nice face pop, probably because of his long absence and because he killed everyone. :D

And wow, Luther Reigns was the only one who got some offense... until Show no-sold it and chokeslammed him. :lol:

Azriel
09-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Face Show should be cool. It's been awhile since he's been one.

tazmaster
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
I always liked show. I am concerned about his weight, though. I was hoping he'd look better than before he left, but I don't think he does.

Xero
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
I loved how they actually hyped his return earlier on SD for two weeks, then had him come out and kick ass, I honestly was NOT expecting that...

It'll be interesting where they put him, heel or face, because he chokeslammed EVERYONE last night, heels and faces, so it leaves some speculation...

I believe that this angle was very well done, way to go WWE :y:

SuperSlim
09-10-2004, 09:18 AM
WWE finally does somethin right. I applaud them.

Shawn Mega
09-10-2004, 09:47 AM
It was a great ending but don't he look even bigger than before?

WWE bet not screw Big Show up. There's no more excuses for Smackdown, they got all their guys back.

The guy who made my night besides Big Show was Luther Reigns. He is actually a good big man WWE got from OVW. Watch out for Luther Reigns.

SuperSlim
09-10-2004, 09:52 AM
I saw Luther in Girl Next Door... kinda funny in that.

but I still don't like luther in the ring yet. He's ugly.

Loose Cannon
09-10-2004, 11:28 AM
OH SHIT, I missed it. I didn't know he was coming back tonight. Fuck.

HankScorpio
09-10-2004, 11:41 AM
There's no more excuses for Smackdown, they got all their guys back.

uhhh, Rico?

Dorkchop
09-10-2004, 11:47 AM
I loved that ending. Big show looks to be in pretty good shape. I missed him when he left, because he had an insanely amazing push before. I'm curious to see where this goes.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-10-2004, 12:00 PM
The guy who made my night besides Big Show was Luther Reigns. He is actually a good big man WWE got from OVW. Watch out for Luther Reigns.

Yeah, and they've also lost Benoit, Lesnar, and Hogan within the past year.

LK
09-10-2004, 12:37 PM
I have always liked Big Show. He has great potential if used right. I also am a fan of Luther Reigns who I think has great potential with his size, look, wrestling and he isn't bad on the mic.

Deceit
09-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Big show looks like he lost some bodyfat and put on a bit more muscle in his upper body. And yes, good job WWE for making Show's return well done and gaining some Big Show credibility back :)

Chavo Classic
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Big Show is back. That's good. But in four months we'll be back to hating him again. Ah, how fickle we are.

Corkscrewed
09-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Probably.. :lol: But maybe then we can pull up this thread? :p

Anyway, he seems to be a nice guy in real life... having saved people from trapped rooms and such, and he's definitely not a jerk. The worst we can do is make fun of him for being fat. :D It's funny, because though he did kill everyone, he was so slow in doing it! :lol: Compare him to Austin stunning everyone. Austin would have been done with his 64 beers by the time Big Show was done chokeslamming Reigns!

Anyway, it was a great ending last night. That's for sure.

Also, I think they'll have him be a tweener. He's got beef with Eddie for beating him and making him quit. And of course, Angle got in his way. So he could just be the guy who hates everyone... and they'll wait for fan reaction to determine if he should be face or heel.

Hardkore Kidd J
09-10-2004, 04:19 PM
I was also real amazed that WWE threw us a curve ball. The crowd was really into it because no one knew he was going to be there. He did look different his face didn't look as fat as the last time I saw him and neither did his stomach. I hope they push Show in the right direction. WWE better not screw it up.

Gerard
09-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Hes probably my favourite wreslter on smackdown so it was good to see him back, he also seems to be sporting more of a "the giant" look with the hair being a lot longer. Now all we need is him getting pushed in the right direction with minimal bs.

Had to laugh at the look on his face when spike shoved him, was just like :wtf: , then tossed him outside.

Dorkchop
09-10-2004, 04:30 PM
I think he should be the heel, but be the guy who can also wrestle the heels. Kind of like how in that battle royal where Kane and HHH were about to fight. The fans really wanted Kane to kill HHH.

Big Show should be the ultimate heel, beating the crap out of everyone. And not having any aliances. That's just my opinion though.

Shawn Mega
09-10-2004, 04:46 PM
I think he should be the heel, but be the guy who can also wrestle the heels. Kind of like how in that battle royal where Kane and HHH were about to fight. The fans really wanted Kane to kill HHH.

Big Show should be the ultimate heel, beating the crap out of everyone. And not having any aliances. That's just my opinion though.

So he should be like Stone Cold?

Mayo
09-10-2004, 05:30 PM
He looks like he has a pretty noticeable bald spot coming in with that longer hair again. I really enjoyed his return, and he should instill some more interest for a couple of months at least. He'll always be a lower main eventer though, and shouldn't win the belt anytime soon.

Fryza
09-10-2004, 05:51 PM
So he should be like Stone Cold?

Yes, he should beat women.

Funky Fly
09-10-2004, 05:53 PM
That ending was fucking great. It makes up for Kenzo getting gold. Anyway, I wonder how this "anger management" thing will play out. I bet he'll be all nice and stuff, till he messes something up, then he goes Waylon Mercy on everyone.

Gone Mad
09-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Big Show destroying everyone = Classic

True,we all may end up hating Show in a few months but what a way to have him return. And Luther looks to be worth something, I was surprised. Anyways, good job by WWE and Big Show.

Evil Vito
09-10-2004, 08:36 PM
<font color=goldenrod>That ending was AWESOME. I even taped it. :cool:

The only bad thing that I could find about it was that Show never got to attack Kenzo (Kenzo was beaten down when Show got in and he rolled out to the floor.)</font> :(

Disturbed316
09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Big Show is good, although he's going abit bald on top :o

ColdwaVer
09-10-2004, 09:09 PM
The only bad thing that I could find about it was that Show never got to attack Kenzo (Kenzo was beaten down when Show got in and he rolled out to the floor.)</font> :(

Yeah, I taped it and watched it a few times, Kenzo was the only one he didn't get a knock against.

sensai86
09-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Everybody took the words of my mouth,Big Show's return was great! :y:

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2004, 01:01 AM
I haven't seen SmackDown! this week, but I am the biggest (no pun intended) marks for both The Big Show & Luther Reigns. I'm glad they seem to have made an impression on this week's edition of SmackDown!, and I hope they continue to do so.

The Big Show seems like a really nice and funny guy, so I hope the WWE use this to their advantage, I don't expect Paul Wight to be as big (OK, pun intended) as Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Rock, but I think he could do something for the product overall. Anyway here's what I''m hoping for in coming weeks:

I'd like to see Angle vs. Guerrero announced for No Mercy, with the winner getting a WWE Title shot at Survivor Series. Angle and Eddie feud like usual, but both make wisecracks about how The Big Show's back, but Show who's been treated for his anger says he doesn't hold a grudge against anybody. Angle and Eddie continue to harass Big Show, because The BS, being a main event, is in a lot of tag matches featuring Eddie and Angle. Paul just plays the guy that's there to wrestle, whether he's on the face or heel side (the fans cheer him, though). Anyway Theodore R. Long then signs Big Show's name into the Guerrero/Angle match at No Mercy. Big Show tries to get Theddy to re-think his decision, but Long claims the people want to see who Big Show will annihilate in that match. Angle and Eddie continue to annoy The Big Show until they reach the point where he lose sit and becomes a raging monster again. The Big Show wins at No Mercy, and gets the title shot at Survivor Series. He then feuds with JBL as a controlled monster type character, before winning the title at Survivor Series.

Corkscrewed
09-11-2004, 02:46 AM
That ending was fucking great. It makes up for Kenzo getting gold. Anyway, I wonder how this "anger management" thing will play out. I bet he'll be all nice and stuff, till he messes something up, then he goes Waylon Mercy on everyone.

I bet they totally forget about that.

BTW, check out the "special backstage footage" on http://smackdown.wwe.com where Torrie freaks out. It's honestly the best acting she's ever done (not saying much)! It's also kinda humorous.

The CyNick
09-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Show's return was great, made him look like the top guy, and a credible challenger for the WWE Title.

Only problem I had with it that they had some of the guys like Cena selling so long for his chokeslam. I wouldn't mind to have seen say Cena and Booker spill off to the crowd and avoid the onslaught.

But anyway, good night for Show. We'll see if they manage to protect him until he gets a title shot or ruin it within the next week or so. I'll bet on the latter.

The Answer
09-11-2004, 05:31 PM
I don't get it the WWe sent him to OVW to lose weight and get in better shape but he looks even bigger.What's the deal?Was smackdown that desperate?

MVP
09-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Big Show's return was done perfectly. It's angles like that that'll help Randy Orton improve as a face on RAW. Anyway if there's one thing Big Show needs to do on Smackdown is get in the ring against Heidenreich and expose his greeness.

Gertner
09-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I've been big on him foreveer. he's always been my fav smackdown star