PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Punisher (some spoilers inside)

Shaggy
09-11-2004, 10:17 PM
I often purchase movies all the time with out even seeing them. That is what I did with The Punisher. I wanted to see it when it first came out but I never got a chance to. But now that it was on DVD I decided to just buy it.

When this movie came out people were saying that it was great and it was something that was sequel worthy. I honestly didnt see anything that great about it. Sure some of the action scenes were good and violence was ok but there were still things in this movie that should of been left out.

One thing that comes to mind which made it pretty horrible was the Russian (Kevin Nash) Vs Punisher fight. I was looking forward to this since I heard Nash was in the movie. I thought it would be pretty interesting. But basically through the whole fight you have that crappy music playing. That basically took all the greatness away from the fight. I think they should of done with out the music and maybe the fight would of been a little bit better.

I liked the first Punisher and Im not afraid to admit it. This one didnt really change my mind or anything because they both are the same to me. They both seemed the same and had there boring parts and they both had there great parts. The one thing I noticed about this movie was that he barely had on his Punisher outfit. Now I will say that I have only read a few comics and seen him in cartoons and stuff but I thought he would ware his outfit more in the movie. Some things seemed out of place and any battle that took place was just to short. Plus the way they got rid of Travolta sucked so much ass.

I give it a 3 our of 5

MVP
09-12-2004, 12:45 AM
I :heart: the first Punisher movie. Dolph Lundgren is one of the best action film stars of all time. He killed so many people in that movie like all his other ones. That's why I was disappointed with the new Punisher movie. Too much sub-plots, not enough killing.

Savio
09-12-2004, 01:10 AM
I liked the nash fight scene, not the music though.....Johnny T rocks!

FFD
09-12-2004, 01:14 AM
I thought the movie rocked. Awesome actions scenes. I thought it was awesome how he made Saint kill his wife and bestfriend.

Shaggy
09-12-2004, 09:16 AM
I thought it was awesome how he made Saint kill his wife and bestfriend.

I did think that was cool. That was something that I would of never thought up.

Innovator
09-12-2004, 02:02 PM
I bought it, liked it. I'm just a fan of the Punisher in general. No superpowers, just a shitload of badass stuff.

The song the guy sings in the diner was pretty sweet

Boondock Saint
09-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Loved it. So kick ass.

Danny Electric
09-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I thought it was cool. Not an amazing film but good to watch.
I'm scared to watch Konstantine though, what a great idea that Konstantine, a blonde scouser is being played by Keanu Reeves. :nono:

Shaggy
09-13-2004, 07:17 AM
The song the guy sings in the diner was pretty sweet

Yea when I heard that little song I was wondering if there was a sound file or something on the net for it....Does anyone here happen to have a soundfile of the guy singing the song?

OssMan
09-13-2004, 05:10 PM
I liked the one with Dolph Lundgren

the newer one was ok though

Supreme Olajuwon
09-13-2004, 05:27 PM
It was so incredibly corny but it was very entertaining. The skull fire at the end made me want to rip a hole in the screen though

Shaggy
09-13-2004, 07:04 PM
The skull fire at the end made me want to rip a hole in the screen though

That scene reminded me of The Crow.

Jerichoholic
09-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Dolph Lundgren (naked and sounding like he has a cock in his mouth): The guilty will be punished.

Eternalone79
09-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Yea when I heard that little song I was wondering if there was a sound file or something on the net for it....Does anyone here happen to have a soundfile of the guy singing the song?
It's on the soundtrack it's called "In Time" By Mark Collie

Shaggy
09-15-2004, 07:58 PM
It's on the soundtrack it's called "In Time" By Mark Collie

Badass....thanks I just downloaded it.

Bigg Mike
09-18-2004, 03:00 AM
I downloaded that as soon as I found out from here.
Thanks, indirectly, cause I was trying to find that song on the internet for awhile. Awesome song.
Oh yeah, and I really enjoyed this movie, and I'm excited about the sequel.
I thought it had a really good action movie pace, never slowing down too much, and keeping the action high.