PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite kill in Battle Royale?

King Jericho
09-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Was hanging around in the local video shop (waiting for the g/f to stop going on and on talking to her mate :roll: ) I had the time to have a good look around, and found Battle Royale 2: Requiem and just had to get it seeing as the first one is awesome!

So before I go watch the 2nd one, which I'm hoping is as good as the first one (despite the preaching about 'that country' America in the inside sleeve), thought I would make this thread about the first one and see what are peoples most favourite/memorable kill/part of the movie.

Mines probably gotta be when the winner of a previous Battle Royale guy, jumps off the roof with a sword and catchs that guy by suprise after he thought he got away cos he had a bullet proof vest. :love:

Leave your own...

Scarface
09-12-2004, 02:08 PM
He's not a previous winner, he's just there for fun. But its gotta be the bit where Kiriyama kills all 5 of those guys to get his new gun, or the stabbing in the groin one. Just so nasty

Disturbed316
09-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, the guy who was in it for fun had some of the best kills. Although I liked the part when he actually dies. Just that whole scene with the geeks who hack into the computers etc. All the explotions and fire etc just make it a good showdown scene between him and Kiriyama.

JJ Moore
09-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Mines probably gotta be when the winner of a previous Battle Royale guy, jumps off the roof with a sword and catchs that guy by suprise after he thought he got away cos he had a bullet proof vest. :love:

Buzzkill
09-12-2004, 07:04 PM
The potassium cyanide kill was pretty sweet, followed by all the girls killing eachother.

King Jericho
09-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Watched the second one earlier, wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but I was probably expecting to much from it because I loved the first one.

*SPOLIER ABOUT BATTLE ROYALE 2*
The story change with the adults sending the kids to Kill 'The Wild Seven' was pretty cool, but sequals are never usually as good.

The start with the class of kids landing on the beach making it onto the island was kinda Saving Private Ryan style, but came off nicely. Also the special effects were pretty hot when the neck tags exploded. :cool:

What Would Kevin Do?
09-12-2004, 11:34 PM
I was always partial to Kawada shooting Kiriyama's necklace, making it blow out his throat. I also really liked Nobu's (The kid who got his necklace activated in the classroom.)

Scarface
09-13-2004, 06:49 AM
BR2 spoilers

All the kills in BR2 are with guns or necklaces exploding (except the guys who get blown up by the mines). Made it feel more war film like. Still a mad cool film though.