PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt thread

Jason Cage
12-31-2003, 10:54 PM
cant believe no one made a topic aboot this game yet. (a Rockstar game)

anyway shoot questions, comments, etc here.

I finished the game a while ago, so feel free to ask questions or wtv...

moshingfreak
12-31-2003, 11:01 PM
:'( its been banned in New Zealand, like how BMX XXX was banned in Australia.

Jason Cage
01-01-2004, 02:04 AM
oh that sucks balls. i wonder why though, i mean, its rated M for mature wtf??

Savio
01-01-2004, 02:39 AM
Its a pretty easy game once you get the hang of it....or atleast on fetish mode

moshingfreak
01-01-2004, 03:35 AM
oh that sucks balls. i wonder why though, i mean, its rated M for mature wtf??

It was in the newspaper a while ago. OK I was bored. Anyway I was flickin through the pages then i saw a picture from the game, and im like "Hey, thats that manhunt game, I wonder when its comin out".
Anyway, i read the article and it said that the dude in charge of banning games and stuff banned this game because apparently, people would forget about the killing and not really worry about the deaths.
I think its the first game to be banned in NZ :mad:

wrestling_god
01-01-2004, 04:24 AM
cant believe no one made a topic aboot this game yet. (a Rockstar game)

anyway shoot questions, comments, etc here.

I finished the game a while ago, so feel free to ask questions or wtv...
actually i made a thread about this game. not much to talk about its a pretty basic game

moshingfreak
01-01-2004, 04:34 AM
actually i made a thread about this game. not much to talk about its a pretty basic game

Hey, don't ruin JC's spotlight, dude!

Disturbed316
01-01-2004, 12:52 PM
I haven't played this game for about 3 weeks now :o

Still stuck on the same spot to.

Kenny
01-01-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't understand why it was banned. Movies have killing and the word "fu</>ck" in them, and a lot of music talks about killing and has the word "fu</>ck" in it... so if they're not banning the movies and music why ban the game?

I don't think parents are very educated on the video game rating system though. Back when I was an assistant Martial Arts instructor (cheap bragging opportunity) I was telling another instructor about the game and a few kids went.. "Oh... Grand Theft Auto... Yeah I have that game." I was like "Woo". The kids we taught were between ages 3 and 12 so once again... "Woooo". I'm sure they probably got Manhunt for Christmas.

As for the game itself... I don't know.. too repetative for me. You can say games like GTA are repetative as well but they have tons of more shit you can do. The jumps, the car theft, bikes, races, extra missions, etc... All Manhunt is, is a different level with the same objective.

I mean don't get me wrong, I loved the game. But I think it's worth much more as a rent than a buy. As Disturbed said he hasn't played it in 3 weeks, and honestly if I bought it I probably wouldn't have either. Definately would have been on my EB Trade In list. And also as Disturbed mentioned... he's stuck on the same part.

In order to advance on some of the parts I literally had to play the same damn part over and over again, and when I finally did get by it was usually by luck. And finally... I thought your character was supposed to be this cold blooded bad ass? Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Stone Cold Steve Austin kinda guy. The face to face fighting system makes him look like a big pussy. Your lucky if you get into 2 confrontations and make it out alive.

Optik
01-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Im still stuck on the third stage or so.

loopydate
01-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Am I the only one who didn't like this game very much?

It was incredibly repetitive, the hand-to-hand fighting was next to impossible, and I honestly didn't care what happened to my character.

If there was more variety, I think I might have played it more than once, but honestly, how many times can you suffocate a guy with a plastic bag or slit his throat with a glass shard before it gets old?

Purgatory
01-06-2004, 10:06 AM
I agree with ya, Loopy. From all the reviews and talk I've read on this game, it's extremely basic and not at all what it could've been. Then I actually saw it in action.....it just didn't hold my interest....not enough variety in the game to keep you interested. I was surprised too....Seems to me that after the GTA series, Rockstar really couldn't make a game that was this horrible.

Arashi Kage
01-06-2004, 12:28 PM
A buddy of mine rented it, I thought it sounded pretty cool, but after a few minutes of watching it, I wasn't really impressed with the game.

Rile
01-08-2004, 04:54 PM
once i started cutting off peoples heads with the machete, i was done. bit too much for me