PDA

View Full Version : Reason For HHH Win

Thriller
09-13-2004, 09:05 PM
PARTIAL SOURCES: WrestlingObserver.com, PWTorch.com

As this reporter broke over the weekend, the original plan was for Randy Orton to escape Unforgiven with the title, and continue on a long-term title reign. However, this reporter also noted that officials within WWE began pushing for an HHH win, and ultimately, got their way.

The rationale behind putting the belt on HHH is that WWE feels Randy Orton can be more effective "chasing" the title, rather than carrying the title. WWE does not feel Orton has gotten over enough, or carries enough momentum, to be a meaningful champion, so needs to develop the necessary heat by chasing the title and earning fan support, leading to a more climactic future title win.

A PWTorch.com theory reported late last month was that HHH might have pushed for Randy Orton's face turn as a way to kill Orton's momentum and regain the title himself. While the series of events is somewhat accurate, most do not believe HHH had any interest in maliciously killing Orton's character.

CosaNostra
09-13-2004, 09:18 PM
PARTIAL SOURCES: WrestlingObserver.com, PWTorch.com
.................. most do not believe HHH had any interest in maliciously killing Orton's character.
No interest? Many selfish people don't even comprehend that they are being selfish.

Rob
09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
They needed to put the belt on HHH. Orton was dyign as champion. He isn't over. Don't care how much people online love him, the guy as a babyface isn't over. It isn't like Benoit when you had to get the belt on him and then build the casual fanbase. Benoit's work on top would always get him over. Orton's isn't nowhere close.

Loose Cannon
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
It's funny how the original plan called for Trips to beat Benoit, then Orton gets a few pops and the WWE went crazy. Morons.

HHH: Hey uhhhhhh Vince, that kid uhhhhhh Orton is stealing my thunder uhhhhhh. Let's make the turn right away uhhhhhhh, give him the Belt uhhhhh and then I kill him off quick uhhhhhh.

Vince: That's a Brilliant Idea

--------------------------------
Orton better turn heel as i think that's the only thing that can save him.

KayfabeMan
09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
As a person who dislikes Orton to begin with, I get that Orton isn't as over as he should be - but neither is HHH, so realistically, it's a lose - lose situation.

DaveWadding
09-13-2004, 09:34 PM
As a person who dislikes Orton to begin with, I get that Orton isn't as over as he should be - but neither is HHH, so realistically, it's a lose - lose situation.
No, it's not...put the belt back on Benoit, and everyone is happy. ;)

Thriller
09-13-2004, 09:35 PM
No, it's not...put the belt back on Benoit, and everyone is happy. ;)
I agree.Benoit is still pretty over with the crowd.

Stickman
09-13-2004, 09:37 PM
I think it's pretty dumb putting the belt on HHH. I guess they don't realize that the fans are sick of HHH holding the damn thing. You can't create new stars like Orton unless HHH is gone.

Thriller
09-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I think it's pretty dumb putting the belt on HHH. I guess they don't realize that the fans are sick of HHH holding the damn thing. You can't create new stars like Orton unless HHH is gone.

I don't see it as a bad thing,espicially if the plan is to have Orton chase him for awhile to establish.The way I see HHH does draw better than anyone on the Raw roster.Orton obviously wasnt as over as a champ should be.He got no reaction when hee came out an that proff of him not being as over.

Innovator
09-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Only way to get some credibility is to have Trips lose to Jericho (HE FUCKING OWES HIM A JOB), then have Jericho and Benoit go on a Steamboat/Flair feud for 10 years.

Problem solved.

Aussie Skier
09-13-2004, 10:52 PM
well, ironic.

i thinkthe biggest pop last night was for benoit probably

and what has he done on today's raw, thats right, he beat...ROB CONWAY :wtf:

The Answer
09-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Kane face turn here we go

Corkscrewed
09-14-2004, 02:06 AM
...and yet JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD is still WWE Chamption. :nono:

Mr. Nerfect
09-14-2004, 05:09 AM
John Bradshaw Layfield and Triple H are mega-heels IMO, I won't complain if eithe rof them holds the title for a while. If the championship isn't looking good in the hands of someone (on RAW), just have Triple H beat them and restore the title's credibility. I'm still hoping somehow Orton gets drafted to SmackDown! and Benoit/Jericho/Regal get their chance to shine.

Transplant
09-14-2004, 05:31 AM
RAW might be cooking something. I mean, they want Orton to chase, they want Benoit to chase, they want Kane to chase, they want HBK to chase, hopefully they wont fuck something that could be good into another elimination chamber. Those things are mad boring. Especially when the second elimination chambers had the chambers open at random times. 5 minutes my ass.

Lara Emily
09-14-2004, 05:40 AM
John Bradshaw Layfield and Triple H are mega-heels IMO, I won't complain if eithe rof them holds the title for a while. If the championship isn't looking good in the hands of someone (on RAW), just have Triple H beat them and restore the title's credibility. I'm still hoping somehow Orton gets drafted to SmackDown! and Benoit/Jericho/Regal get their chance to shine.
LOL HHH doesn't give the belt crediblity at all. Hell the belt has barely looked credible since it was handed to him way back when. Same with JBL, he's done nothing for the crediblity of the belt hell it's been the US belt that has felt more important.

Mr. Nerfect
09-14-2004, 06:20 AM
LOL HHH doesn't give the belt crediblity at all. Hell the belt has barely looked credible since it was handed to him way back when. Same with JBL, he's done nothing for the crediblity of the belt hell it's been the US belt that has felt more important.

Orton holding the belt requires some kind of legacy to obtain it thought. JBL as champion infuriates us because it's the title that's been held by Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, Bruno Sammartino, Bret Hart & Ric Flair. That's his gimmick. Triple H is the biggest star in the WWE right now. It's fairly sad, but he's the only guy that's going to make a title look worth winning. JBL, Benoit, Kane & Undertaker are runners up.

Dave Youell
09-14-2004, 06:37 AM
Ok, I agree that Orton will get more heat chasing the belt rather than holding it, but from what I can see that means that logically Trips is gonna have that title until 2005 Mania and Orton is gonna win the Rumble.

It would have made more sense for Benoit to drop the title to HHH and then have Orton get more popular within Evolution and then kick him out when he got to big for evolution, to simply put the belt on him and take it away 3 weeks later makes absolutely no sense, the only reason I can think they did it is so Brock won't be remembered as the youngest WWE champ as by mania 21 Orton would be too old.

From here out this feud is gonna last for ages, I'm guessing that Bisch will set up a series of matches for Orton to earn his title shot i.e. Flair one PPV and then Batista the next PPV and then Edge (if he joins) The next PPV, that should keep HHH and Orton apart for at least 4 months, then he can lose the Rumble and have a number 1 contender match at No Way Out.

That's the only way I can see the belt being kept on HHH without hurting Orton by jobbing on a continual basis in main event title matches.

Well that's my 2 cents anyway

Fignuts
09-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Triple H truly is the flair of the modern age. Whenever the nwa crowned a new champion, and it didn't work out, the belt always went back to flair. He was their fallback guy. He could always be depended on to be a believable champion. Triple H is now vince's fallout guy. Do I think that orton losing the belt so soon was a good choice? no. but I don't think he should have been champion(or a face for that matter) in the first place. WWE should have stuck to the original plan of building towards wm 21. As it stands IMO they've made a mess of the whole angle. As for HHH manipulating events backstage go, Yes i'm sure he is in vince's ear and makes some creative decisions, but not to the cold-hearted malicious degree that most peopleon the internet portray him. Besides, there is no one else on either roster as dependable as HHH. Which is why he's champ again.

TheNamelessOne
09-14-2004, 03:26 PM
If the WWE didn't consistently fuck up every oppourtunity they had to get people over then they wouldn't need a "fallout guy".

Boondock Saint
09-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Read this at Wrestlezone but it kinda makes sense...I suppose.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
WWE felt that there just wasn't enough heels on the RAW side to sell the PPV (Taboo Tuesday) if Orton was the champion. The only likely options available for him would have been Triple H (they don't want this rematch this quick), Ric Flair, Batista, Christian, Tyson Tomko, Kane, or possibly one member of the La Resistance team. With Triple H holding the World title, it'll give the fans Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and Eugene (if he's going to be involved in current storylines) to choose from.

Fox
09-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Well then why the fuck didn't they think about that BEFORE SummerSlam???

The CyNick
09-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Orton is so not working, I think Shelton would work better chasing HHH.

RemyRed
09-16-2004, 10:18 PM
I wonder if Christian vs Randy Orton would've been able to draw...

Batsu
09-16-2004, 10:37 PM
It's funny how the original plan called for Trips to beat Benoit, then Orton gets a few pops and the WWE went crazy. Morons.

HHH: Hey uhhhhhh Vince, that kid uhhhhhh Orton is stealing my thunder uhhhhhh. Let's make the turn right away uhhhhhhh, give him the Belt uhhhhh and then I kill him off quick uhhhhhh.

Vince: That's a Brilliant Idea

I was going to type something like this; thank you for saving me the trouble.

Lara Emily
09-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Orton holding the belt requires some kind of legacy to obtain it thought. JBL as champion infuriates us because it's the title that's been held by Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, Bruno Sammartino, Bret Hart & Ric Flair. That's his gimmick. Triple H is the biggest star in the WWE right now. It's fairly sad, but he's the only guy that's going to make a title look worth winning. JBL, Benoit, Kane & Undertaker are runners up.
JBL has let Orlando Jordan defend the belt for fuck sakes he hardly had made it look worth winning. He's beaten who? Eddie a few times (one of the wins wasn't clean) and then a bunch of low mid-carders. Hardly makes it look like anything. Being the biggest star on a sinking ship is hardly anything worth mentioning. LOL how could Kane possibly make the title look worth winning? He's been buried so badly no one takes him seriously.

oh and JBL's gimmick is that he's a guy who shouldn't hold the title but does so that makes him a good champ????

Lara Emily
09-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Triple H truly is the flair of the modern age. Whenever the nwa crowned a new champion, and it didn't work out, the belt always went back to flair. He was their fallback guy. He could always be depended on to be a believable champion. Triple H is now vince's fallout guy. Do I think that orton losing the belt so soon was a good choice? no. but I don't think he should have been champion(or a face for that matter) in the first place. WWE should have stuck to the original plan of building towards wm 21. As it stands IMO they've made a mess of the whole angle. As for HHH manipulating events backstage go, Yes i'm sure he is in vince's ear and makes some creative decisions, but not to the cold-hearted malicious degree that most peopleon the internet portray him. Besides, there is no one else on either roster as dependable as HHH. Which is why he's champ again.
Except HHH is not even remotely as over as Flair was.

Dagger Phillips
09-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Except HHH is not even remotely as over as Flair was.

Then YOU name a better fallback guy...

I say Rosie would be a good choice.

Corkscrewed
09-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Benoit, Guerrero, Jericho...

Although I will have to disagree with Lara and say that HHH has been booked so dominantly that he is a pretty good fallback guy and a great heel (he's been picking it up recently).

JBL, on the other hand, has yet to pick up a pinfall over an upper midcarder. That's just sad. Has he even beaten a middle midcarder?

The CyNick
09-18-2004, 12:30 AM
To end this Triple H discussion:

look at the numbers. Buyrates/house shows/TV continue to trend downwards. And during this whole time (say form 02) business has only went further and further south. Guess who has been on top ALL that time? Thats right, Trips. Yet he still is the top guy. People can say he's entertaining and a viable heel, but there's no evidence to back up that people want to pay to see him on top anymore.

Eddie got the rug pulled out from under him for no good reason, and yet HHH continues on in his poisition. Now we all know why he's there, but for anyone to say he works as the top guy is just talking like a crazy person.