PDA

View Full Version : Do Megaman games ever get made easy?

Ninti the Mad
12-31-2003, 11:32 PM
I mean... CMON... I rented the new Megaman game. It's called Megaman:Network something and I cant even beat the first boss.

He shoots fire and the fire goes through the entire platform, I cant slide under it, and it kills me in 4 hits.

what the ****

Vietnamese Crippler
12-31-2003, 11:37 PM
Hmm, that got me too, but I eventually got it :)

How I did it, I don't remember :(

Penner
01-01-2004, 02:01 AM
i was playing a NES megaman the other day

THEY ARE MAD HARD

Y2Ant
01-01-2004, 10:53 PM
All the NES games are ****ing solid as ****, I dunno how I was able to beat then cleanly when I was 8 :$

road doggy dogg
01-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I've beaten Mega Man 1-6 cleanly... not that hard :rant: Mega Man X 1-3 weren't too bad either, although Sigma in X3 is ****ing brutal. Haven't played any of the others

Penner
01-01-2004, 11:40 PM
All the NES games are ****ing solid as ****, I dunno how I was able to beat then cleanly when I was 8 :$
yeah same man

Y2Ant
01-02-2004, 01:25 AM
yeah same man

YEA BUT U R STILL 8 THOGUH AHAHAHA

Savio
01-02-2004, 03:17 AM
NES ones are so tough to beat.

Pegasus Crawford
01-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Man, back when I was like 8 Mega Man 1 for the NES was mad hard (damn that rock monster). 7 years later I managed to get a copy again and beat it within 24 hours. I've beated all Mega Man games within a reasonable amount of time, with not much effort. Mega Man 6 was the only one that presented anything that resembled a challenge.

Bad Guy
01-05-2004, 03:43 AM
Some of the earlier Mega Man games were easy for me. Haven't played one for year though.

Penner
01-05-2004, 11:12 PM
YEA BUT U R STILL 8 THOGUH AHAHAHA
lol calm down

Kane Knight
01-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Mega Man Games are hard? :?:

Never really had a problem with any of the NES games, Super Nintendo Games, PSX/2 games, or anything up til The latest Mega Man: Zero game. That was challenging at first, but really pretty weak over time.

Y2Ant
01-05-2004, 11:36 PM
I find NES games to be difficult in general, the TMNT platform game especially, god knows how I clocked that when I was younger :$

Loose Cannon
01-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Gamecube is coming out with a compilation disk of all the Mega Man games on NES and a few others on SNES. Definately a buy for me. Those were my FAV NES games ever.

You can read the full story here:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/437/437918p1.html

Kane Knight
01-06-2004, 12:08 AM
I find NES games to be difficult in general, the TMNT platform game especially, god knows how I clocked that when I was younger :$

That was a bitch when it first came out. There were two or three levels on there that just pissed me off...Then a couple years later, I went in and totally mopped the floor with it.

Kane Knight
01-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Gamecube is coming out with a compilation disk of all the Mega Man games on NES and a few others on SNES. Definately a buy for me. Those were my FAV NES games ever.

Awesome. They should do more og that sorta thing.

Y2Ant
01-06-2004, 02:07 AM
That was a bitch when it first came out. There were two or three levels on there that just pissed me off...Then a couple years later, I went in and totally mopped the floor with it.

The last bit underwater with the seaweed and the ;dsfjfasfj

Head
01-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Mega Man 2 took me mad long to beat back in the day.

****ING QUICK MAN.

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Mega Man 2 took me mad long to beat back in the day.

****ING QUICK MAN.

Quick Man wasn't the one that was hard, it was his fk'n stage. Those god dam beams were relly tough to get by. But Mega Man 2 was my fav Mega Man game of all-time and one of my Fav games ever. I have played it over and over again eventhough I have beaten it couple of times. I think Heat Man was the best robot ever.

road doggy dogg
01-06-2004, 11:06 AM

You can read the full story here:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/437/437918p1.html

sg;hk4308ghsgadiphdgd;h4-

Kane Knight
01-06-2004, 04:26 PM
The last bit underwater with the seaweed and the ;dsfjfasfj

Holy shit that took me forever to find that last bomb.

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Holy shit that took me forever to find that last bomb.

Oh don't get me started with that sh**. That has got to be hands down my most hated level out of any game I have ever played. By the second bomb my hands were literally shaking trying not to get electrucuted by the seaweed. I swear I always would think I was going to get by it and then BAM, I get electrucuted and then can't get out of the sh**. Its like after the first hit I would panic and become a sitting duck. Time would always run out on me too. I think I past it 3 times out of like 50 tries. Is there an invincibility cheat without game genie for that game.

Kane Knight
01-06-2004, 05:18 PM
I dunno about an invincibility code, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Once you got the pattern down, it got easier to do. Still, even then, I'd often run reeeeeeally close on time, even if I only made a couple of mistakes.

Pegasus Crawford
01-06-2004, 06:44 PM

It's a shame that none of the games will have any type of graphic enhancement, though. :(

road doggy dogg
01-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Why's that a shame? It's more nostalgic this way :drool:

Loose Cannon
01-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah FK the graphics. I'd play any of those Mega Man NES games over many Playstation, Gamecube or X-BOX games any day

Y2Ant
01-06-2004, 08:28 PM
I must have passed the underwater level a good few times on turtles though, the levels after that with the skyscrapers and the mouser boss = mad easy

The last one kinda pisses me off though, really hard baddies to kill, and good god the technodrome :|

Pegasus Crawford
01-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Why's that a shame? It's more nostalgic this way :drool:

For me, it's a shame because I already have Mega Man 1-7 on cartridge and Mega Man 8 disc. The only thing the collection has going for it is the 2 arcade games that were never release in the US and the fact that it's all on 1 disc. IMO, not worth shelling out $50 for. $20-$30 maybe, then i'll consider it.

But for those who don't have MM 1-8 in their possession, I can see that this is something to drool over. :y: :y:

Kane Knight
01-12-2004, 04:26 PM
For me, it's a shame because I already have Mega Man 1-7 on cartridge and Mega Man 8 disc. The only thing the collection has going for it is the 2 arcade games that were never release in the US and the fact that it's all on 1 disc. IMO, not worth shelling out $50 for. $20-$30 maybe, then i'll consider it.

But for those who don't have MM 1-8 in their possession, I can see that this is something to drool over. :y: :y:

Yeah, I currently own 0 of the games on the disc, though I once owned several of them (1,2,3 or 4, 8) on cart. I just got rid of 8, and sold off a couple of 'em (Back when NES was still in, my family didn't have a lot of money, so I taded in old games to get new ones at a better price).

It is kind of a shame that it'll be totally 8 bit, but the games are what they are, and being fun games, I'd play them even with Pong Graphics. Still, I'm not big on the "nostagia" of bad graphics, but I'm very big on the "Get a ton of games I used to love on cart for an updated system in an easy and convenient collection" factor, so I don't really care if the graphics are "oldschool" or revamped.

Plus since my NES isn't hooked up, and I don't bother with emulators, I've got no current way of playing the MM NES/SNES series.