PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1 Review

Rain Man
09-14-2004, 11:32 PM
**Before You Read**
There are things in here that are my opinion and most of it is just summaries of what happened this past week in football. I AM AN EAGLES FANS, so there will be a little bit more you can say "enthusiasm" in that section but just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks You, hope you enjoy.

Ok people after the long ass opening weekend we finally have an early picture of what might the NFL look like this season First Off:

In my opinion the two best teams that I saw from the AFC and the NFC are by far the Patriots in the AFC, and it is a real tough choice between the Eagles and the Vikings, with the Packers right behind them.

First the NFC where the Eagle dominated the Giants 31-17. I think this game showed just what kind of an offense the Eagles have now. With T.O. having 3 touchdown catches, and D. McNabb having 4 touchdown passes and a career day the Eagles offense might be the most fears offense in the NFL. But then there is the Minnesota Vikings and Randy Moss. They KILLED the Cowboys 35-17. With Daunte Culpepper throwing for 5 touchdown passes and RANDY having 2 touchdown catches. It is crazy how the two best looking teams in the NFC will face each other next Monday in the Linc. Another big thing that happened in week 1 was Joe Gibbs first win of the season over the very bad Bucs. Clinton Portis had a sick debut day with a pretty looking 64 yard touchdown run, then ending with 148 yards rushing. The Redskins only get by the bucs by la touchdown. I mean there was big improvements in the team (offensive line) but they are not ready yet for a huge season quite yet, they may get a win over the Eagles but they will not win the NFC east.

What was up with the St. Louis Rams? Beating the CARDNIALS :wtf: by a touchdown. I'm sorry but Bulger is not and will never be an GREAT QB. Yeah he can carry the Rams through the season but he will never get the big one if he is taking snaps for years to come. And to add Mike Martz to that, the Rams will not be a factor this year. Another solid team was the Seahawks. They beat the Saints by 2 touchdowns and Alexander ran for 135 yards and I forget how many touchdowns but got injured at the end of the game. He has started every game of his NFL career and it sucks for him to go down now.

And in the Monday Night Matchup with the Packers at Carolina, it wasn't much of a game (from what I heard, sorry I watched all of RAW didn't miss a second) Ahman Green had a huge night against a Carolina D that didn't look like anything like last year. I think the Panthers 03/04 season was a one and done deal, don't look for them to be anythign like they were last year. Saints coming back and winning the NFC South no doubt. And finally you gotta mention the Lions finally getting a fucking road win, anyway.........

Now to the AFC, where by far the best team I saw was the New England Patriots. Tom Brady is and should be the MVP of this season if he keeps playing the wa he does. The guy is so solid he is so patient, and sees the field better than any other QB in the game (even that pussy Manning). But it was a big statement game for the Patriots beating the Colts to show they are still considered the best team in the NFL. Their D is nasty and there offense is solid. They will get the record for most consecutive games won as they have the Cardnials next week and then the Buffalo Bills which will tie the record and Miami to break it.

The Carolina Panthers of this football season= The Jacksonville Jaguars NO DOUBT. Look what they did against Buffalo came back and won in the last seconds of the game, just like the first like 5 games of the Panthers last year! Leftwich is looking solid at QB and Jimmy Smith is catching balls. Just watch and see what these Jaguars will do..

Another big win was the New York Jets and big Curtis Martin beating the Bengals. Martin rushes for 196 yards! DAMN. I was expecting the Bengals to whoop up on good ole' Pennington but watch the Jets give a push at the AFC North title but fall short. ANOTHER big win was the Cleveland Browns beating the Baltimore Ravens? :shifty: Where the fuck did this come from? Jamal Lewis usually runs all over the Browns but he was too high on some coke so he had a non-par game you can say. But the Browns will not be a surprise at all, they will beat some people but nothign huge.

Now the Broncos Chiefs game which was a surprise to me. Quentin Griffin had an awesome game the little guy can run man. I don't know if it is Mike Shannahan's running scheme or Griffin is just really good. They will no doubt make the playoffs either by winning the AFC West, or most likely getting the Wildcard spot.

Well that was a brief summary of what happened, there were spots of my opinion and you can disagree and agree with what I say but lets discuss.

The Miz
09-14-2004, 11:34 PM
I'm not reading that shit

Rain Man
09-14-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm not reading that shit

Did I say you had to? Just did it for the fun of it, if you dont wanna read it you dont need to say it.

road doggy dogg
09-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Not trying to be a dick since you're a stupid Eagles fan, but your timing was pretty bad. Just paste your reply here into the thread BCWWF just started like 10 minutes ago kkkkk