PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 sequel - official

Mr. Monday Morning
09-16-2004, 08:41 AM
<a href="http://www.the-magicbox.com/0409/game091504a.shtml"/>Details here</a>

Never thought they would :o

Xero
09-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know of Advent Child is going to include a remake of the PS1 game or a port? I'm still gonna get it either way, since I dont own it... But I'm just wondering...

Mr. Monday Morning
09-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Advent Children is the movie :o

Xero
09-16-2004, 08:57 AM
I heard that it will include the game too, but it didnt specify if it was going to be a remake or a port...

Splaya
09-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Whoa, if it would contain the remake that would be hot

Ninti the Mad
09-16-2004, 09:46 AM
OMG thats baddass.

...as long as they dont mess it up.

Splaya
09-16-2004, 09:50 AM
They won't. It would be impossible to mess up the game series and the sequels that turned something into the greatest game of all time.

Shaggy
09-16-2004, 10:24 AM
I heard something about this a while back after FF X2 came out. Word was that the the FF7 sequel would have Advent Children with it. Like a two pack type of thing. That would be worth it definently.

I like how this game has Vincent involved. He was my favorite character. He was the one thing that I wanted to get in my journey.

road doggy dogg
09-16-2004, 04:14 PM
It should have a sex scene with Tifa in it.

Gouda
09-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Damn Square-Enix. :mad:

They're ruining what Final Fantasy is all about. Their not supposed to get sequels no matter how much people want them! :shifty:

Plus they haven't made a good game since FF9.

Savio
09-16-2004, 04:55 PM
I thought they just made a Final Fansty CDXLVIII

Sephiroth
09-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Finally, a sequel to the greatest FF gamer ever!

I think they wont fuck this up, they can only make it better...i hope :)

tucsonspeed6
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Thank god they aren't going to touch my VIII. I know they'll screw up VII the same way they did with X-2

RemyRed
09-16-2004, 07:30 PM
The word "Why" comes to mind. Just wait till we see former innocent-girl Aeris start sporting hot-pants and pistols. Then go on a road-trip with Yuffie and Tifa to find her man Cloud.

Jaded-Dragon
09-18-2004, 09:09 AM
"Square Enix mentioned that this game will unfold the mysteries around the Final Fantasy VII world."

What mysteries? That's the lamest exscuse ever. Why don't they just tell the truth....

"It's been brought to our attention that there is still a rather large number of FFVII fanboys who will buy anything with Final Fantasy VII on the cover. In light of this, we will be making a spin-off game."

TheNamelessOne
09-18-2004, 09:14 AM
I know they'll screw up VII the same way they did with X-2
Impossible. Final Fantasy 7-2 is a sequel to one of the best Final Fantasy games of all time. FFX-2 is a sequel to one of the worst.

Ninti the Mad
09-18-2004, 10:02 AM
Thank god they aren't going to touch my VIII. I know they'll screw up VII the same way they did with X-2

The thing is, FFX was never any good to begin with.

k thx bye

Gouda
09-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Holy crap yes. I thought I was alone in my FFX hating.

Scarface
09-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Impossible. Final Fantasy 7-2 is a sequel to one of the best Final Fantasy games of all time. FFX-2 is a sequel to one of the worst.

Bollocks, FFX was an awesome game with well over 100 hours of gameplay. People never seem to just appreciate Final Fantasy games for what they are. Always comparing them and shit. Granted X-2 wasn't great but I got a couple of playthroughs out of it. I bet you hate 8 too, because it dared to be anything other than the norm when it came to the game engine.

MVP
09-19-2004, 12:35 AM
NICE, and the main character is Vincent. :cool:

I hope there are a lot of FFVII cameos at least.

TheNamelessOne
09-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Bollocks, FFX was an awesome game with well over 100 hours of gameplay. People never seem to just appreciate Final Fantasy games for what they are. Always comparing them and shit. Granted X-2 wasn't great but I got a couple of playthroughs out of it. I bet you hate 8 too, because it dared to be anything other than the norm when it came to the game engine.
Bullshit, FFX was a boring and even more linear than usual Final Fantasy game, with a predictable and shitty storyline complete bunch of annoying forgettable characters.

I bet you hated Final Fantasy 9, because it never suffered from any of that. Just kidding. I just had to throw in the random assumption, as a counter arguement is never complete without one of those :lol:

xey
09-19-2004, 02:17 PM
I look forward to the 7 sequel..as long as Sephiroth is in it. :D

Which, I was one of those who liked FF 8, X, and X-2.

Personally, I hated 9 with a fiery burning passion...It bored me to tears.

Gouda
09-19-2004, 03:28 PM
The only Final Fantasies I didn't really like were V (Though to be fair I never actually completed the game) and X (Story was crap, characters were crap). I'm not even going to bother with X-2.

Top FFs:

FFVI
FFVII
FFIX (I love FFIX with a fiery burning passion)

slextremely
09-20-2004, 01:43 AM
pretty much every ff game is over rated, with the exception of 7 and MAYBE 10

razorblade kisses
09-20-2004, 04:51 AM
But the same team will be working it. The script people have changed a lot since the PS1 days

Scarface
09-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Bullshit, FFX was a boring and even more linear than usual Final Fantasy game, with a predictable and shitty storyline complete bunch of annoying forgettable characters.

I bet you hated Final Fantasy 9, because it never suffered from any of that. Just kidding. I just had to throw in the random assumption, as a counter arguement is never complete without one of those :lol:

If you dislike linearity, stop playing final fantasy games, I have yet to find one where they don't grab a hold of your hand and drag you along for the ride (except maybe X-2, but everyone reckons its shitty. :-\ ).

And it wasnt a random assumption, Final fantasy VIII and final fantasy X both feature a power up system for characters that was unseen anywhere else, and people regulary dismiss both games for being the poorest in the series both gameplay and storylinewise. Granted it was still an assumption but it wasnt random. Besides 9 was pretty awesome.

TheNamelessOne
09-20-2004, 09:51 AM
I never said I didn't like linear games, I just said FFX was the MOST linear FF game, and it felt very constricted, something that I didn't feel as much in earlier FF games. At least with the PS1 games you could venture off and do side quests halfway through the game, as opposed to right at the end like in FFX.

And for the record - Just because I don't like FFX doesn't mean I don't like FF8. After loving FF7, I was really hyped for FF8, and didn't feel disappointed at all.

Oh, and FF9 isn't just "pretty awesome", its very, very awesome. Definatly my favourite Final Fantasy game.