PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Upcoming Star Wars DVDs

Shaggy
09-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Well I was sitting watching TV when I saw a commercial hyping the upcoming Star Wars DVD release. Well I was watching the it and it showed one of the ships from the Episode 1 & 2 crashing into the deathstar. Know does this mean that Lucas took the three greatest films and entered newer crap into them that belonged in the other films. Can someone please confirm if this is true. Is this a different version of the original three than we have seen in the past? If this is true then I dont think that its worth getting. Sure to finally see Star Wars on DVD would be worth it but not if its not the original version of the film.

tucsonspeed6
09-16-2004, 06:47 PM
I've seen the previews and I think you're mistaken...

DaveWadding
09-16-2004, 06:57 PM
He's done some visual touchups (like taking the old, shitty Jabba they had and replacing him with a CG model from the newer movies) and fixed some issues that would cause loose ends i.e. filming Ian McDermid as the Emperor and some other stuff..

Gouda
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
The only change I've heard about is at the end of Return of the Jedi when you see all the ghosts and stuff they replaced the guy who was Anakin with Hayden whatever his name is.

Oh, and they also removed Chewbacca from all scenes and replaced him with Jar Jar Binks.

Boondock Saint
09-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Lucas just can't leave well enough alone.

road doggy dogg
09-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I still don't see WTF the point is, since they just released that like "Digitally remastered special edition trilogy" pack like 4 years ago

YOUR Hero
09-17-2004, 12:24 AM
I still don't see WTF the point is, since they just released that like "Digitally remastered special edition trilogy" pack like 4 years ago

let me explain it to you...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

el fregadero
09-17-2004, 12:49 AM
And I don't think the Digitally Remastered Special Edition Trilogy pack was released on DVD.

Penner
09-17-2004, 01:05 AM
It wasn't. But it's pretty much the same which is what RDD is saying.

Gouda
09-17-2004, 01:10 AM
The VHS version may have been digitally remastered but there's a whole lot more "remastering" that can be done when you switch it over to DVD format.

I mean... I probably won't buy it since I have the VHS...

And I didn't like the "Special Edition" of Star Wars... especially when they changed some music. :mad:

Innovator
09-17-2004, 01:32 AM
George Lucas, like Hero said, is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall about the Dolla Dolla, belie dat

Azriel
09-17-2004, 01:48 AM
because Lord knows, he needs to keep up with his flannel shirt collection :lol:

The Mackem
09-17-2004, 10:27 AM
All guns have been replaced with walkie talkies and the entire cast has been replaced by Ewoks.

Shaggy
09-17-2004, 10:45 AM
I wouldnt actually doubt that Mackem. If I were Lucas I would release one version on DVD and when fans buy it and realize its not the version they wanted then they will complain....then wait a while later and release the original version and more people will buy it. Its like double the money.

Its funny because everytime I read about someone talking about Jar Jar Binks it reminds me of that simpsons episode where comic book guy is hugging that jar jar action figure and says "Oh Jar Jar, Im the only one who loves you"

YOUR Hero
09-17-2004, 11:33 AM
All guns have been replaced with walkie talkies and the entire cast has been replaced by Ewoks.
Dude, that so fu***'d up.

Mikey
09-17-2004, 11:42 AM

:rofl: