PDA

View Full Version : Nash doing commentaries on WCW Thunder

Kapoutman
09-20-2004, 04:46 AM
I was browsing some other sites(DDTdigest.com) when I found partial transcript of an episode of WCW Thunder where Kevin Nash was doing commentary and I must say...This guy can't wrestle to save his life, but he is hilarious. Here are some examples...

While Bagwell was being beaten down by Rick Steiner and Lex Luger, La Parka(!) runs in...
Tenay: And here comes LA PARKA! Why is La Parka coming out here?
Nash: Because we got to the booking meeting late today, Tenay, and half the guys didn't show up.
Tenay: It's the all-shoot edition of Thunder, folks!

Later in the night, Brian Knobs called out Harlem Heat.
Nash: "It's Wesley Snipes! Oh wait, it's just Booker T."

The next line is too long, so it is a copy-paste from the report:

"Nash says he has a video package for the fans. It's a replay of the Goldberg-Sid Vicious situation. Nash is doing a John Facenda-like NFL Films narration. I'm dyin' here. "Bill Goldberg - a bald-headed man with a tattoo - who only has one loss - to the great warrior - ..Kevin Nash - ..standing in the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field --- (Sid comes on) - ..Sid Vicious- .. 6 foot ten - ..290! - ..no - .315! -..no -.350! -.no FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN POUNDS!" Oh man, this is priceless. And it goes on. This is great. Beyond words. At the end Tenay says, "shades of Mystery Science Theater.""

When coming back from a WCW action figure commercial where the Nash figure was losing:
Nash: "what's with me doing a job in that commercial?"

Later during a broing match starring Prince Iaukea:
"Nash says that the Saturday show is about to be awoken. Nash says he, Scott Hall, and one of their colleagues are in negotiations for one hour of the show with music, wrestling, guests, and it will be called "the Big Shiz-ow." Nice. Tenay asks when we can expect that. Nash says he doesn't know, he's trying to pitch it right now."

Later about Meng, in a totally unexpected comment:
Nash: "You never see Meng and Barry White at the same time."

Once Meng won the match:
Nash: "They should have known Meng was going to win...nobody loses after having a big video package of them right before the match!"

Overall, I would love to see this show in its entirety. That must have been hilarious. I just thought I would share this with you guys.

The Mackem
09-20-2004, 09:34 AM
LOL

and LOL @ sig

Sephiroth
09-20-2004, 09:49 AM
LOL

King Jericho
09-20-2004, 09:57 AM
"shades of Mystery Science Theater."

:love:

Later about Meng, in a totally unexpected comment:
Nash: "You never see Meng and Barry White at the same time."

LMAO.

Rep for both quotes.

YOUR Hero
09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah he was good in those commentary roles. The problem was the matches were awful so not many people heard him.

Loose Cannon
09-20-2004, 11:14 AM
:lol: YEA, I've been saying are funny the guy is and how he should be a commentator.

Shaggy
09-20-2004, 11:54 AM
I think I remember this....well some of it. I do remember one time Nash saying the Wesley Snipes comment when Booker came out. I dont remember the rest of the episode but that is pretty funny. Someone needs to post the video if they have it just so we can laugh harder.

Innovator
09-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Fire Lawler, bring in Big Sexy

JJ Moore
09-20-2004, 02:24 PM
"shades of Mystery Science Theater.""

:love:

MVP
09-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Ric Flair would have a coronary if he heard all that.

SuperSlim
09-20-2004, 04:07 PM
yeah Nash was good in that commentator role

Gone Mad
09-20-2004, 04:16 PM
LOL at Nash's commentary and the Ghostbusters.

mst3k = Ratings, as well.

Gertner
09-20-2004, 04:20 PM
lol amazing

BigDaddyCool
09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
oooo, maybe Nash could replace Teddy Long on Smackdown, and then he and Tazz could do commentary while what's his name is being beaten up by Hiedenrich.

Batsu
09-23-2004, 01:16 PM
LOL!!

mrslackalack
09-23-2004, 02:06 PM
I remember the Nitro before BATB 96 when some of the WCW wrestlers were after Nash and Hall and Savage and Luger were wearing Sting Style facepaint and Nash said OH LOOK AT THE CLOWNS LOOK AT THE CLOWNS! lol.