PDA

View Full Version : If you had a videogame about you...

Drakul
09-23-2004, 09:34 AM
...What would it be like?

*Genre
*Ps2/GC/Xbox/PC/GBA
*Story
*Features
*Devolopers/Publishers
*Celebrity Voices?

You get the idea.Theres no limit to how much you can put in your game and theres no copyrights either.

My Game:
It would be a Free Roaming Adventure game for the Ps2 set in the present and the game would revolve around you (as Drakul but alternating between Drakul and his best friend through out the game) trying to track down the head vampire-hunter who instructed his fellow Hunters to kill your entire Vampire clan.After the Hunters attack you're clan you wake up in a pool of you're own blood and find you and your best friend (Alex) to be the only survivors and after checking the corpses neither of you can find The newest Vampiress (who is refered to as Vampiress) your girlfriend that you bit the night before the attack (that could be the intro sequence,actually.Drakul biting her and stuff then the big attack I'm not sure why the head hunter would take her though). You start the game pretty weak cos you lost so much blood witch you regain by drinking the blood of normal civilians.
Different blood types help you in diffrent areas so in order to improve yourself you need to drink there blood.You have a 6th sense that tells you peoples blood type.This would work by sending out coloured rings from victims when you get close enough to hear the heart beat.The rings wouldn't go too far so you would need to get close to see the rings.The colours would be
Type A - Strength (red)
Type B - Defense (blue)
Type AB - Speed (yellow)
Type O - Stamina (green)

The gender of your victims will also determine how much blood you get.Males are stronger and harder to knock out but give you more blood and females are weaker and easier to knock out but give you less blood.If you are playing as Alex it is a good idea to go after females unless you are desperate.
The game would mainly take place in the city (at night,obviously) and if you are outside in the day (real time,you see.) you can walk around safely in shadows and shade.Other areas would be inside building such as churches,houses and public buildings.If you enter someones house they will obviously try to kill you.Some people will grab a shotgun (that you can use when you knock out/kill them) while others panic and hold a crucifix in front of you which will have no effect on you.Maybe Drakul could say some one-liner like "You watch way too many movies,dude *shakes head* " as he kills the guy with a crucifix but obviously they would do more than grab a gun or hold a crucifix but I wont list them all.
The fighting would consist of the usual hand-to-hand combat and firearms.Hand-to-hand will work like SD! for Drakul minus the grapple then picking a move and Alexs' fighting would be more like Devil May Cry and firearms would work kinda like Max Payne 2 or something (I'm not going to come up with a totally new control system.I'm not THAT bored...yet :shifty: ).
Bad guys would be civilians,hunters,animals etc.
I'd have it developed by Rockstar and Produced by Sony.
Voices:
Drakul - Me
Alex - Alex :D
Vampiress - My girlfriend :love:
Head Hunter - Anthony Hopkins
Other famous people I'd want in the game somewhere - Willem Dafoe,Michael Bell,Simon Templeman,Marylin Manson and Mick Foley talking like Mankind used to (I'd maybe want the character of origonal Mankind to make a cameo,maybe for a small percentage of the game.)

The Soundtrack would have stuff like Slipknot for fight scenes and the usual slow and quiet cathedral type music would do for other,non violent scenes.Music like Tim Burton or Someone would make the main theme (a cross between one of Undertakers themes and Hitman 2's main theme) or just Cradle of Filth (I just started to listen to them :y: )

Anyway I'm sure theres stuff I left out but I had some time so I thought I'd waste it here cos I'm home alone right now and nothing goods on TV.I think my discription wasn't that great but if I was to take a few months,like a project, I could probably squeeze a half-decent game out of this.
What about you, Ladies and Gentlemen?

You don't have to write nearly as much as I did.Its ok to just type a few lines.

btw my game would be called "Club Blood" or "Drakul" or something.

Drakul
09-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Wow.I had no idea I typed that much. :-\

tucsonspeed6
09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
TS6: THE GAME!

(Nice idea, Drakul...)

My game would probably be some sort of free roaming type game. Maybe there would be some RPG added in for character development purposes, but it deffinately would NOT be turn-based.

It'd be for the PS2, only because it's my favorite console.

Story: See, what you do in my game is you go around and look for people to hassle. Think of it as a slightly diverted version of GTA. Rather than focusing on physical crimes like stealing cars and doing drive-bys, you'll be doing a lot more interaction with the NPCs. And of course, the nagging mothers association of america (nmaa) would get on my ass about the content of the game, but I'd just reply, "Look lady, I'm not going to deny your kid his right to do what he wants in the game. If little billy was such a good kid, he'd be polite to the NPCs. It's not my fault he talks loose women into bed, cons old women out of their retirement funds, and openly insults the physically handicapped."

Features: The best AI out there. Rather than having a recorded preset number of phrases, the AI actually has an unabridged dictionary programmed into it with complete knowledge of grammer usage (which it has the option of turning off if the situation calls for it) and other systematics of the english language (IE: Raising of the voice at the end of a question, lowering it at the end of a sentence)

Emotional, mental, and other characteristics attributed to individual characters for a more realistic experience. Insulting a child will cause the child to cry, but doing the same to a body builder will cause a very different response.

ZERO guns, knives, and other bad things that will get you put in jail. They'll only get in the way of the experience. (Although you can use your fists.)

Over 1300 different skins designed for the head, torso, and legs of individuals that can be modified to range in weight and height so there are an almost countless number of combinations that can be used to fill the streets with unique individuals.

Like teasing the little fat kid who sits in his kiddy pool all freaking day long? Worried that he'll go away? Never fear. You can save individuals in your memory card (complete with their personality traits and tasking lists) so you can help fat little billy grow up to hate himself and become gay....just like Louie Anderson.

A map slightly smaller than GTA's vice city, but with the ability to enter any building you see, including that hot little number's abode next door.

Producer: I don't know...not Rockstar. I'd probably focus more on making the NPC's look more natural and human, so Rockstar'd be out. Probably Konami or somebody like that.

Celebrity Voices: No voice casting would necessarily have to be done in a studio, but vocal segments could be taken from various actors using previously recorded material. (For instance, Ben Affleck wouldn't have to come into the studio to record the "Th" sound that will be used by the AI to recreate his voice, but using several dozen samples of the sound from his movies could be seamlessly inserted into a sentence full of other sounds and it would appear as though Ben Affleck had recorded, "You little shit! Get the hell out of my back yard!"

Drakul
09-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I showed a few people my idea and they liked it so I'm going to work in it and see where it goes.:D

and im not really sure about who id want to devolope it :-\

Fryza
09-24-2004, 06:12 PM
*Genre: A one - two player RPG element combined with a 'hack'n'slash' feel similiar to Dynasty/Samurai Warriors.
*Ps2/GC/Xbox/PC/GBA: PS2 only.
*Story: Choose between a multiple varities of rural, suburban, and urban kids and fight your way through the treacherous lands of Central, Northern, and Southern Illinois. Each character supports some kind of cause, and comes with some sort of nutty weapon that can be upgraded throughout the game.
*Features: -A free mode to play with all characters unlocked, all levels unlocked. Multiple items and weapons, somewhere around twenty characters or more, breakable backgrounds, and random shiny stuff.
*Devolopers/Publishers- Koei.
*Voices: Basically, it be my friends and myself, so the voices for each character would be done by the actual person.

Basically, it's just like Dynasty Warriors, only set in modern day Illinois. Like, major politicians, celebrities, and school teachers are the main rulers, and the playable characters are just my friends and I. But instead of swords and glaives and stuff, weapons are like guitars, tennis rackets, oars, drum sticks, weed-whackers. Crazy shit like that. And instead of horses, you get cars that only go about 20 mph.

Kalyx triaD
09-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Genre: Online Action/RPG
Console: Ps2/Xbox/NDS
Devolopers: Whoever can do it.
Publishers: EA Games (Damn they could market)

Story:

First, this is a game about me, but I'm not a central character. The Realm of Kal-Tri, however, is based on my mind (Search fo me on AOL, screen name "KalyxtriaD", and read my homepage for a little about Kal-Tri). The world of Kal-Tri is a world filled with varied environments and well, we'll get on that after I explain the story.

You are a young warrior who just graduated from a martial arts training temple with 299 other students (this number has technical and gameplay reasons). Each graduate are released to explore the Realm of Kal-Tri and weave their own destiny's. Some graduates are destined for certain things, some are free to follow their own will. That's it for story. But let the real game begin.

Gameplay:

Name, skin color, slight build; these are the parameters you face in the character creation. Get clothes out of your mind; you start with same robe as the other grads (You will get clothing opts later). As you could imagine, 300 players are limited to one Kal-Tri server. Depending on when you first log on with you character, you will start at the Triad Temple, your old school. The game is in real time, so loggin on at night means you appear at the Triad Temple at night. Simple. You'll get a little pep talk from the Triad Temple master and you're free to roam. Some players will start moments after a another, so it'll be nice for newcomers to meet 'newcomers'. The gimmick behind this is that the farther you as a new player venture from the Temple, the stronger the players you meet are.

From a 3rd person view, you roam around walking or running. Do watch your stamina meter; you can't run forever. Or fight forever. Or climb and any other physical activity you want to do.

The Stamina Meter keeps your physical actions at bay, but it depletes slowly; so don't fret. It fills up faster when you're in the shade or water not swimming. The Stamina Meter is one of four meters you must manage.

The Life Meter is self explanatory. Medicine and certain types of plants you can harvest in the environment can refill your Life Meter. You can mix plants and medicine to make better healing items.

The Rep Meter is based on your actions during gameplay. Reference Fable and KOTOR for an easy explaination of these 'Morality Bar'. What seperates this bar from the rest, however, is the fact that advanced players will most likely learn a Ki Ability that allows them to see your Rep Meter. If a 'Good' player meets a 'Bad' player, he could get swindled and double crossed, and vise versa. With a way to see someones moral standing, you can get a step ahead of liars and creeps and goody-two shoes; especially since the other players will in no way know you're checking out their moral standing.

The Ki Meter ties in to the combat of the game much like the Stamina Meter. As you level up, certain Ki Abilities are available to learn, abusing these abilities drain you Ki Meter, and unlike your Stamina Meter, it drains fast and refills slow. This will keep the game from becoming a fireball fest. Oops, a clue about the combat...

Combat plays out in real time and your starting abilities are the same as everyone elses. You can punch, kick, jump attack, and summon enough Ki Power to light a camp fire. Something you'll need if you're in the colder regions of Kal-Tri. As you fight creatures and NPC's, you'll level up and learn new Physical and Ki abilities. You can fight other players, this is called Dueling. When you duel, you cannot kill the other player; a oath you took before you graduated. Don't worry, after a certain level; you're allowed to kill. Weapoms are found or bought and you'll have to practice with it alot to get a good weapon stat. Some weapons tie into a Destiny System that will be explained later.

Leveling up isn't the same for every attribute. To become better in Physical elements, you should use that certain phsical move. You climb alot, you'll be a better climber than other players. You kick alot, you'll have a higher kick stat than punching. Ki Abilities are different, you can use a 'Camp Fire Flare' move a millions times but you'll get it to improve itself. You have to experiment with Ki Attacks to see what'll work for you. After you chose your attack, you level it up at your will by medetating or having a Elder teach you (Elders are all around Kal-Tri and have no problem teaching you the ropes). The spectacular attacks have to start somewhere; a huge fireball may have started as flaming palm strike, for instance.

The destiny system ties certain players to certain duties in Kal-Tri. A narrative will periodically tell this to the player. Like the eighth time you log on a dream sequence will appear giving clues to their specific quest. Some destinies involve slaying an evil syndicate. Other destinies are vendetta's that insist you Duel and kill another player. Their will be enough interesting Destinies to accomadate the 300 players of Kal-Tri.

Dying will be approached in a whole new light in this game. You see most players act recklessly knowing the worst punishment is a Continue/Quit option. No longer; welcome to the AfterLife System.

AfterLife takes place when you die in any way in Kal-Tri, you'll be transported to the Underworld, whether you were good or bad. In the Underworld you're forced to subject to a Satan of sorts that gives you tedious and purposely demanding tasks if you want back with the living. These tasks are actually parodies of annoying game lore that includes collecting 400 Voodo Dolls or completing 60 jumping puzzles. The point here is, after you experience AfterLife, or hear about it; you will think THREE times before getting into an unneeded Duel or into a bad situation.

In the event that you complete your Destiny, you will be presented with a new destiny, which will infact be one of the other 299 destinies of other players presented alittle differently. That's right, 300 destinies to the hardcore player.

This would be the ideal online experience for me. Along with everything stated, it'll have clan support, player hosted Dueling Tournaments, Voice chat, hell even the promise of a world after Kal-Tri. Would you play it..?

Kalyx triaD
09-25-2004, 09:31 PM
You have a 6th sense that tells you peoples blood type.This would work by sending out coloured rings from victims when you get close enough to hear the heart beat.The rings wouldn't go too far so you would need to get close to see the rings.The colours would be
Type A - Strength (red)
Type B - Defense (blue)
Type AB - Speed (yellow)
Type O - Stamina (green)

The gender of your victims will also determine how much blood you get.Males are stronger and harder to knock out but give you more blood and females are weaker and easier to knock out but give you less blood.If you are playing as Alex it is a good idea to go after females unless you are desperate.

Beautiful balance method, I tip my hat to you.

Kalyx triaD
09-25-2004, 09:34 PM
*Genre: A one - two player RPG element combined with a 'hack'n'slash' feel similiar to Dynasty/Samurai Warriors.
*Ps2/GC/Xbox/PC/GBA: PS2 only.
*Story: Choose between a multiple varities of rural, suburban, and urban kids and fight your way through the treacherous lands of Central, Northern, and Southern Illinois. Each character supports some kind of cause, and comes with some sort of nutty weapon that can be upgraded throughout the game.
*Features: -A free mode to play with all characters unlocked, all levels unlocked. Multiple items and weapons, somewhere around twenty characters or more, breakable backgrounds, and random shiny stuff.
*Devolopers/Publishers- Koei.
*Voices: Basically, it be my friends and myself, so the voices for each character would be done by the actual person.

Basically, it's just like Dynasty Warriors, only set in modern day Illinois. Like, major politicians, celebrities, and school teachers are the main rulers, and the playable characters are just my friends and I. But instead of swords and glaives and stuff, weapons are like guitars, tennis rackets, oars, drum sticks, weed-whackers. Crazy shit like that. And instead of horses, you get cars that only go about 20 mph.

Sound nice. Crazy dumb fun would be the term. Dynasty Warrior gameplay in a modern era would attract a good amount of players.

Drakul
09-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Beautiful balance method, I tip my hat to you.
The least you can do is rep me lol :p

Kalyx triaD
09-26-2004, 03:46 PM
This should be an ever going thread. I have a lot of game ideas to post. BTW, the visual style of Warriors of Kal-Tri is cel shaded with Japanese design; to mimick the world of the anime Inuyasha. The invironment will have a painted look while the actual characters will be cel shaded, as is the real look of cartoons instead of EVERYTHING being cel shaded as is the incorrect fad.

Drakul
09-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Sounds cool.

Rob
09-26-2004, 07:25 PM
I am already in a video game :D

Drakul
09-26-2004, 10:23 PM
CAWs in WWE games don't count:p

Bad Company
09-27-2004, 03:41 AM
ok