PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 21 inter-brand matches

Shawn Mega
09-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Vince said there will be more SD vs.Raw matches at next year Mania.

Angle vs.Foley is my number 1 match.

Mister Sinister
09-23-2004, 03:56 PM
There nothing really in that whole bunch that draws to me as Something I want to see except

Cena v. Orton

Kapoutman
09-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Eddie vs Benoit in a respect match. That would rule.

LK
09-23-2004, 04:24 PM
HBK vs Eddie. I have a feeling that this would be excellent.

Innovator
09-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Benoit vs. Eddie

Benoit vs. Angle, yet another 5 star match

Azriel
09-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Gotta have Orton/Cena

tucsonspeed6
09-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I figured everyone would say "Orton v. Cena" and frankly I think Cena has become more style and less substance. I'll take HBK v. Angle any day.

Loose Cannon
09-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Bring the Dam Brands Together.

Bad Company
09-23-2004, 06:51 PM
HBK - Eddie

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I'd prefer to see HBK vs Angle. Those two would have an awesome match with one another if it ever happened. A lot of people may not agree with me on this, but I reckon that Orton vs Cena wouldn't be that great a match.

A match that hasn't been listed on the poll, that I'd like to see for some reason, would be Kane vs Cena. I can't explain why, but for some reason I'd be intrigued by it.

The CyNick
09-23-2004, 10:03 PM
If we go by the assumption that the rumoured matches will actually happen (Angle-Taker from SD and Orton-HHH from RAW) then the one match I'd love to see is Eddie-HBK.

Cena also needs a major match, so perhaps the way to get him a high profile match is to do an interpromotional match. Only problem is that I dont see a natural opponent for Cena (aside from Orton). They could go with Batista, but that doesn't seem exciting to me. Benoit is an option, they could play off the relationship they had on SD, although it was so long ago who would remember? I dont know who's left, Edge?

Then there's also the wildcard of people from the outside coming in to do matches. I would bet Hogan will be on this show, and I would imagine they'll get Rock (although I hear he's going to busy around Mania, so its not a lock he'll be there like it was last year). You've also got Austin out there, and I'd bet he gets on the card too. Maybe this is the year Austin backs down and agrees to wrestle Hogan.

Speaking of those guys, I dont consider Rock vs Cena for example to be inter-promtional. Rock and those part time guys can all go where they want and have no real affiliation to any brand. They just get used on RAW because, well we all know why.

Another idea that I wouldn't mind seeing is E+C against a reunited Los Guerreros, but I'd rather see HBK vs Eddie over that one.

One good thing about the brand extension is that it creates all kinds of match possibilities for Mania. The only problem, and I get this feeling for everything that has been talked about for this card is that there isn't anything that gets me as excited as I was last year for the card.

V
09-23-2004, 10:45 PM
having a "dream match" while the superstars are on two different shows Just isn't right, the feud gets built up poorly (goldberg, lesnar), i'd hate to see a match ruined do to a bad build, unless they temporarily end the brand split for 1- 2 months before wrestlemania, i dont' wanna see any SD vs Raw matches

John la Rock
09-24-2004, 03:26 PM
As I once bosted before. I think that Shawn Michaels vs Eddie Guerrero would be the best match ever because they have such similar in ring style