PDA

View Full Version : Carlito's Way Prequel Confirmed

Champion of Europa
09-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Credit: www.joblo.com

As you may recall, we mentioned a while back about the possibility of a CARLITO'S WAY prequel in the works. Well, it seems like it is indeed in full fledged development. According to Production Weekly, the film is under director Michael Bregman, who also wrote the script, and shooting is set to begin next month. In addition, Jay Hernandez (or as some of you may know him - "the guy who got it on with Kirsten Dunst in CRAZY/BEAUTIFUL") has been cast in the lead role as the legendary Charlie "Carlito" Brigante. The film will follow Brigante through Spanish Harlem from the 1940s to the early 1970s. Luis Guzman, who was in the original, and Burt Young, who was in Bregman's TABLE ONE, are also on board. We'll be getting a double dose of Hernandez later this year as he's in both LADDER 49 and FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS.

-------------

For those curious who liked the first, here you go.

Triple A
09-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Gonna suck.

John la Rock
09-25-2004, 09:52 PM
NO PACINO = SHIT

el fregadero
09-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Gonna suck.

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 05:18 AM
Carlito's Way was awesome. There are some films whose legacy you shouldn't fuck with, and this is one of them.

I'm not gonna see this prequel.

House of Pancakes
09-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Carlito's Way is good, but not great. It's very predictable and straightforward. Anyway, somebody else playing Al Pacino means this movie is gonna suck.

Guest #1
09-26-2004, 12:37 PM
For the life of me, I can't think of a prequel that was any good. In every case, the prequel damaged the original movie.

Star Wars prequels all changed the lore of the originals and screwed with story continuity. That said, they are the best I can think of.

Exorcist, well it already had E II the Heratic in it's series, so can't say it ruined the series. First one ruled, third one was good but then ...

Gumb and Dumberer, the title speaks for itself.

Does anyone know when a prequel actually worked?

Champion of Europa
09-26-2004, 12:41 PM
For the life of me, I can't think of a prequel that was any good. In every case, the prequel damaged the original movie.

Star Wars prequels all changed the lore of the originals and screwed with story continuity. That said, they are the best I can think of.

Exorcist, well it already had E II the Heratic in it's series, so can't say it ruined the series. First one ruled, third one was good but then ...

Gumb and Dumberer, the title speaks for itself.

Does anyone know when a prequel actually worked?

Godfather 2 is part prequel.

Guest #1
09-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Godfather 2 is great, but I wouldn't say prequel, it was a flashback.