PDA

View Full Version : WWE's Biggest mistake this year?

Ferocious
09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
What is In your opinion is the worst mistake the WWE have made this year?

Making Rico gay? De-pushing Benoit? a particular PPV Card being pathetic?

name any one thing that the WWE has done wrong this year. :cool:

I-Hate-You
09-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Kane-Lita

LK
09-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Diva Search

Gouda
09-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Randy Orton face turn so soon and so crappily.

Innovator
09-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Benoit falling down the card so fast

Head
09-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Adding more PPVs.

El Santo
09-26-2004, 03:37 PM
WWE Champion JBL

Gerard
09-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Walker texas taker

:shifty:

Disturbed316
09-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Kane/Lita/Hardy storyline

Ferocious
09-26-2004, 03:55 PM
For me they dropped the ball with the Draft Lottery, that had so much potential to get new feuds going and change up the matches.

WWE Fucked that up aswell

nelioneil
09-26-2004, 04:02 PM

^

Xero
09-26-2004, 04:21 PM
On top of that, they fucked up the title run by doing so...

If he had held onto the belt atleast a couple months and stayed heel, then was either turned on by Evolution or he himself turned on Evolution, THEN had Hunter take the title, it wouldnt have been so bad... They really dropped the ball on the title run...

My answer is Orton's title run...

Mr. JL
09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
RVD is STILL card opener/tag team wrestler/jobber to all

Team Sheep
09-26-2004, 05:04 PM
great american bash

Gouda
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
I don't see what's so great about RVD...

Fox
09-26-2004, 05:13 PM
I don't see what's so great about RVD...

Even as a huge RVD fan, I see your point. The WWE has forced him to drastically tone down his style since he came to the company, and these days he pretty much hits the same 5 spots every match.

Biggest mistake this year? JBL as champion. He's an absolute embarassment to the WWE Title, and brings down the level of Smackdown tremendously.

The Diva Search, Eugene, and Kane/Lita are all pretty bad too.

Gouda
09-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Hmmm... well I admit that I've never seen RVD in ECW. In the WWE he seems to do the same moves every time, he seems to botch some of them, and his punches are absolutely terrible. Annnnd he sells his frogsplash too much. You don't see Eddie flopping around on the mat after hitting it.

Dazz
09-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Hmmm... well I admit that I've never seen RVD in ECW. In the WWE he seems to do the same moves every time, he seems to botch some of them, and his punches are absolutely terrible. Annnnd he sells his frogsplash too much. You don't see Eddie flopping around on the mat after hitting it.

You'd have loved him in ECW, he was great, lots of charisma, did great moves all the time and was more hardcore.

Biggest mistake I think, like someone said, was the draft lottery, that could have been much better then it was.

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 05:28 PM
This thread is making me very sad. :'(

Xero
09-26-2004, 05:30 PM
This thread is making me very sad. :'(
Ultimo's slip was a pretty big mistake :shifty:

I kid...

It was gigantic :shifty:

Dark Kane
09-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Top 5 in order:

1. JBL doing the Nazi salute at a house show
(I completely understand that he was just playing a heel character to get heel heat but he definitely crossed the line that time even if it wasn't scripted, the guy thinks he did nothing wrong in real life and he should realize that he just made a major mistake)
2. The Diva Search
(all stupid boring shit, and a waste of TV space)
3. Giving Benoit the belt
(I'm serious, he was a boring as all hell champ, don't know why everyone likes him too much, I'm glad he's falling down the card)
4. Vince announcing the Eugene vs. Bischoff match for Taboo Tuesday
(WWE announced it as a huge announcement, it wasn't that huge and nothing special. If Vince was to fire the Bisch off RAW GM and bring in Stone Cold, now that would be HUGE!!!)
5. Shaving Molly Holly's head at Wm-20
(Even Molly didn't like her bald look and now she's letting her hair grow back out. She looks nice with short hair and I'm a huge Molly fan.)

I'm not going to bash turning Rico gay, Eugene and the Lita/Kane storylines, because I find nothing wrong with them, I find the Rico being gay, Eugene, and the Lita/Kane storylines to be all very entertaining in my book.

Xero
09-26-2004, 05:56 PM
5. Shaving Molly Holly's head at Wm-20
(Even Molly didn't like her bald look and now she's letting her hair grow back out. She looks nice with short hair and I'm a huge Molly fan.)

Actually, from what I hear, she agreed to do it because her mother (or someone) had cancer and that she wanted to do it out of respect... She was orignally going to donate it, but it was too short...

Semetery
09-26-2004, 06:01 PM
The year 2004. They couldn't even make Undertaker successfuly old school. The USA title is a waste of time and bodged, what are Hurricane and Tajiri actually doin' on RAW, and why did 2004 become, "Year of the Void" and swallow up so many good superstars?

So, in my opinion, WWE bodged the whole year. Thank you please.

MVP
09-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Having a babyface Randy Orton as World Champion is the worst mistake WWE made this year.

Boondock Saint
09-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Pretty much all that has been mentioned. I was so psyched for the lottery, and it was pretty sucky.

Wasn't Rico always gay though? Not how he is now but I always assumed that was his character, even back with Billy and Chuck.

Dark Kane
09-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Wasn't Rico always gay though? Not how he is now but I always assumed that was his character, even back with Billy and Chuck.

Yep, Rico was always gay, just like with WWE never mentioning Eugene being retarded, WWE never mentioned Rico being gay. I guess they do it for the respect of real life mentally retarded and gay people.

Xero
09-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Yep, Rico was always gay, just like with WWE never mentioning Eugene being retarded, WWE never mentioned Rico being gay. I guess they do it for the respect of real life mentally retarded and gay people.
They completely acknowledged that Billy and Chuck were gay (Or atleast playing gays)... Billy Gunn said, and I quote, "We arent GAY"...

We dont know if Rico is truly gay, or if he is actually Metrosexual...

Same with Eugene, just because he's mentally challanged doesnt mean he's classified as "retarded"...

Rain Man
09-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Jobbing Benoit.. WWE Champion, to Tag Team with William Regal.. :nono:

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-26-2004, 06:27 PM
JBL as champ is the biggest mistake - he has added no credibility to the title whatsoever. It really has been the most ridiculous push in recent memory

Innovator
09-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Having a no talented redneck posing as a NY broker as WWE Champion, ending the run of one of the most talented workers the WWE has.

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Ultimo's slip was a pretty big mistake :shifty:

I kid...

It was gigantic :shifty:
You're lucky I can't ban people anymore. :mad:

Also, how come no one ever mentions Goldberg's 8796579867988 slips on Raw and his botched entrance at Summerslam last year?

Scarface
09-26-2004, 06:58 PM
The Kane/Lita storyline makes me cry.

Xero
09-26-2004, 06:59 PM
You're lucky I can't ban people anymore. :mad:

Also, how come no one ever mentions Goldberg's 8796579867988 slips on Raw and his botched entrance at Summerslam last year?
I would have if it happened this year :shifty:

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Some of those Raw slips were this year.

Xero
09-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Truthfully, I never noticed any of his slips, only the one at SummerSlam...

Batsu
09-26-2004, 07:34 PM
It's impossible to center it on one specific thing.

Though all the ills with WWE right now are attributed to two things about which they really need to stop being stubborn:

1. "Smash TV" with regards to rushed angles and pushes

2. The home-grown talent bias.

This has always been WWE's problem since it started acquiring wrestlers of other feds.

The only time they really, really put effort into making a non-WWE talent a true "superstar" was Stone Cold Steve Austin... arguably the greatest draw in WWE history. And guess what? It paid off!

There is also HHH... but he didn't really have even a moderate profile in WCW in his gimmicks... never the less...he's been an exception as well. While he's squandered his rightfully-earned place with backstage politics and ridiculous angles...

...The Rock and Kurt Angle, really...have been the only two since Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart to be home grown successes.

Ever since those two, they have jumped the gun. (And even so, one could argue they jumped the gun with those two -- but those two were just too strong in their respective fields to ignore.)

While I don't think that kind of success can be duplicated any time soon, they should really forget the fact that people like RVD, Booker T, Jericho, Guerrero, and Benoit got their start outside of WWE and give them their due. Sure, Benoit had a respectable title reign... and one that thankfully meant the repeated jobbing of HHH, but to throw it away to prematurely give Orton his push before he was ready for it, sucked. Still, it was nowhere near as bad as Chris Jericho's title reign. It was almost last-days-of-WCW-esque...the way he was booked. Eddie Guerrero made a believer out of me when he held the WWE title on SmackDown...and like Benoit, he got his win over a guy who got way too much push for his own good (Lesnar)...but also like Benoit, he lost his title to an unproven midcarder (and in Orton's defense... he's way better than JBL)?!! JBL is getting a Jericho-like title reign, but surviving the likes of Undertaker and Eddie Guerrero doesn't seem like your usual joke reign. Meanwhile, John Cena, SmackDown's obvious choice for the top slot, is on his way to Stale City because he can't get out of the glass ceiling. (He should get another finisher, first though. Even if it means he just turns the F-U into the "Yebisu Drop")...

every time I see WWE start something great (Tazz's possible IC run against Benoit and the million heel turns he had, the return of ECW, Randy Orton's slow, but steady run to the top, Booker T's face run)... they abort it over something ridiculous related to the top two reasons stated above.

If they'd get over those two things, we'd have some classic television.

I don't know if it's even possible for a wrestling promotion to have some kind of bias that screws them over, however.

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 07:56 PM
The year 2004. They couldn't even make Undertaker successfuly old school. The USA title is a waste of time and bodged, what are Hurricane and Tajiri actually doin' on RAW, and why did 2004 become, "Year of the Void" and swallow up so many good superstars?

So, in my opinion, WWE bodged the whole year. Thank you please.
Did you just botch the word "botch"? You're worse than Lita. :lol:

loopydate
09-26-2004, 08:05 PM
WWE Champion JBL
The Undertaker as undead biker cowboy
Kane and Lita
Randy Orton's transition title reign
The RAW Diva Search
Poor cruiserweight booking (I'm including the release of Jamie Noble)
Ric Flair's pep talk to Shane Helms not going anywhere
Putting Hardcore Holly in a pay-per-view main event
Rob Van Dam, jobber to the stars
The Mordecai situation
Spoiling Taboo Tuesday
^ Making the first "interactive" match determined by Vince
Multiple PPVs per month

That's just a few of the many things they've blown this year

Savio
09-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Mordy back at OVW.

Dorkchop
09-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Pretty much doing nothing about the cruserwight division.

Transplant
09-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Randy Ortons new music

Aussie Skier
09-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Turning orton face.

i never really liked him. Then after backlash, i thought, christ this guy has talent.
then they started to give him good promo time, and he started to do his finisher even better, and I thought...wow, this guy could be great.

He wins the title, i am surprised, yet interested.
then evolution turn against him. and i thought he'd be a tweener.

but NO!!!! they turn him into a full on face and he looses the title. ABSOLTLY RIDICULOUS!

Aussie Skier
09-26-2004, 08:35 PM
We dont know if Rico is truly gay, or if he is actually Metrosexual...

slapping guy's arses is usually considered quite gay
:D

just like most footballer :D

Aussie Skier
09-26-2004, 08:45 PM
WWE Champion JBL
The Undertaker as undead biker cowboy
Kane and Lita
Randy Orton's transition title reign
The RAW Diva Search
Poor cruiserweight booking (I'm including the release of Jamie Noble)
Ric Flair's pep talk to Shane Helms not going anywhere
Putting Hardcore Holly in a pay-per-view main event
Rob Van Dam, jobber to the stars
The Mordecai situation
Spoiling Taboo Tuesday
^ Making the first "interactive" match determined by Vince
Multiple PPVs per month

That's just a few of the many things they've blown this year

lets just wait and see about the pep talk i think *fingers crossed*
but alot of that stuff is pretty bad, particuarly:
orton's title, mordecai, mulitple PPV's

V
09-26-2004, 08:57 PM
being the biggest instant mordecai mark of all time, i'd have to say, sending mordecai back to OVW because hardcore fucked up his match

John la Rock
09-26-2004, 09:01 PM

YES

He should have taken over Evolution after he won the belt at Summerslam.

They fucked him up so bad :nono:

The CyNick
09-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I would say the biggest mistake was openly trying to make RAW seem like the superior show to SD. Instead of trying to build up both brands, what they did was chase away a decent portion of the SD audience with very little growth on RAW. They lost about 1 million viewers for no good reason.

The Orton thing seems like a stupid move on the surface, but at the same time its too hard to judge right now. I mean they can still salvage it, and they could still do a good number at Mania with him in one of the key spots. Personally, I believe they've doen a ton of damage to him, but I cant call it the biggest blunder of the year because the reall effect wont be felt until next year.

The JBL thing is not even close. Yeah yeah JBL sucks, but he hasn't killed business by any means. His PPVs have done just as well, and some even better than Hunter's. So if JBL as champ is one of the worst moves of the year, than Hunter still main eventing has to be one of them as well.

Another move that seems worse and worse as each week goes by is taking the title off Benoit and before that not making him the true #1 guy on RAW. Ive notied over the past few weeks he's the most over guy on RAW, and I can only imagine how over he would have been if they would've made him #1 from Mania onwards.

Rain Man
09-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Randy Ortons new music

LOL

PorkSoda
09-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Not doing anything with Garrison Cade yet :(

McLegend
09-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Taking the Title from Orton after only 1 month and the draft.

If your going to have a draft to "shake things up" SHAKE THINGS UP. Dont have a draft where no big name wrestlers get switched. The only big name was HHH and he got traded back to RAW for the Dudleys who are not nearly as good as they use to be.

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-26-2004, 11:30 PM
JBL as Champ
HHH with the Belt for the 4 time in 2 year with holding it for well over 4-6 months
Cena not winning the WWE Title/being stripped of the US title

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
09-27-2004, 02:29 AM
Definitely the complete disregard for Benoit. They build him up, he wins the rumble, wins the title at the main event at mania, drops the title to orton and is on heat the very next week? now he's essentially a curtain jerker. Even if they don't like him, it's just bad business to build up a guy like that and then just drop him.

Also JBL beating Eddie was ridiculous.

BigDaddyCool
09-27-2004, 02:35 AM
No putting me in charge of the writing team.

Semetery
09-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Did you just botch the word "botch"? You're worse than Lita. :lol:

I take it you're American? You guys have a different spelling to the same word as we Brits, so I was simply usin' our spellin'. And I'll have you know that I can't be worse than Lita, I'm not 'married' to some 7' freak who hasssssss to exxxxxteeeennnnd eveeeeeeeryyyy worrrrd.

Another balls up. Kane never shuttin' up.

SuperSlim
09-27-2004, 11:34 AM
the tag team division is pathetic

JBL as a champ is a joke. and the fact taht he kicked out of Eddie's frogsplash delivered from the top of the cage really in my view killed Eddie's finisher. Or really really hurt it.

Kane/Lita was a total tragedy

Diva Search was... to bad to put in words.

Cuttin Benoit's title run, had to be really really bad. Not just cause I'm this huge Benoit fan, but because Orton was not ready to run with it and now we are seein it.

the cruiserweight division... Might as well call it The Rey Mysterio division. It's all focused around him and his quest to become champ. Then after champ it's all about Rey doin the 619 winnin matches then bein screwed out of the title and it starts all over again. And them cuttin Jamie Noble, that was just sad.

Lotto- there is no excuse to make somethin that had the potential of really being a ground shaking event to such a flop. Speakin of flops.

RVD- nothin is bein done with the guy. They tone him down a whole mess of a lot so that their guys can still remain in the spotlight. Why hold a guy down from their potential? I mean if you do that you are really killin the product.

Taker: As big of a Taker fan I am, watchin him play the character of Walker Texas Ranger in the after hours at WM XX was terrible. I hated the look back then. I hated how he was back then. Now I can just say Ihate it more. He is supposed to be the dead man. All he is is Biker Taker with a super slow entrance and well that's it. He still does the last ride for goodness sakes. DEADMAN NEVER DID THAT! Kill the gimmick and just go back to biker since that is what he is doin.

I could rant on and on bout Goldberg, Hardcore gettin a word title shot, Eugene and Trish but that would take up all day.

Doink
09-27-2004, 12:56 PM
cowboytaker & JBL as champ

Funky Fly
09-27-2004, 03:55 PM
I take it you're American? You guys have a different spelling to the same word as we Brits, so I was simply usin' our spellin'. And I'll have you know that I can't be worse than Lita, I'm not 'married' to some 7' freak who hasssssss to exxxxxteeeennnnd eveeeeeeeryyyy worrrrd.

Another balls up. Kane never shuttin' up.
I'm a lot of things, but American isn't one of them. :lol:

I probably should have known about the different spelling, as I'm from Manchester myself. But I'm Canadian now, though.

My bad.

Splaya
09-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Randy Ortons new music
I actually like his new music.

But the biggest mistake The WWE will have has not happened yet. But if they do not give Eddie Guerrero time off, he could have a nervous breakdown, or worse get himself killed. That could be their biggest mistake of all time, if they don't give him time off.

Gone Mad
09-27-2004, 04:40 PM
The top three mistakes right here:

3: Draft lottery- if it was a good as it was supposed to be, this all would be different. Instead they traded five not-so valuable trades (hell, only the Dudleys have had success since all of them have been champs) and the stories are still the same even before it.

2: Kane's entire year - Now, most people have said Kane and Lita and others Taker's return. This all has a connection and that is the writers have hurt the second biggest heel on Raw with crappy storylines. He jobbed to WalkerTaker (and everyone else this year for that matter) at WM20, became obsessed with Lita and impregnating her, has not held a title, and now is turning face to fight a jobbing baby-killer. And the year is not over yet...

And number 1 is of course... JBL as champ - The opposite of Kane, this man does not deserve a push to the moon like BlackHawk did. The only thing he has that is semi-good is his promo skills and that is it. To add insult to injury, he defeated the very talented and very well-deserved-of-a-break wrestler, Eddie Guerrero for his title. So it is easy to hate him because he lacks talent but it helps ALOT if he is shoved in front of our screens to fill it with cheap heat and below-average brawls. As much as I would like to see new blood, different stories, matches, etc... this just crossed the line.

Dis-Honorable mention: Diva search - As long as they picked one of the right girls, I will forgive them for those many wasted segments... just a llllliiiiitttttllllee bit... but not that much. I rather it be Amy though.

Eunos
09-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Signing Kenzo Suzuki.. and now his holding Rene Dupree back :(

Tiken
09-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Getting rid of Ultima was a rather bad mistake on the WWE's part.

Making JBL the primary heel on smackdown was again another mistake, he has no talent and is boring on the mic, not to mention he tends to make enemies...such as an entire country fast.

Biggest mistake though is bringing back the Taker with Persy Pringles then having Taker kill him off in what still is the most pathetic scripted act in WWE wrestling history.

Oh and a small one. while RAW was here in Calgary the crowd (which included me) started chanting "Stu", well King had the nerve to say something along the lines of "What, are these people idiots why are they chanting Stu"

Semetery
09-29-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm a lot of things, but American isn't one of them. :lol:

I probably should have known about the different spelling, as I'm from Manchester myself. But I'm Canadian now, though.

My bad.

No worries dude, good ta hear you're from England though.

Gertner
09-30-2004, 12:28 AM
i actually really like JBL as the champ.

Anywho, biggest mistake=moving matt hardy to raw

Afterlife
09-30-2004, 12:50 AM
We remember Goldberg. We're trying to forget.

MRAT=VEGETABLES
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
I didnt mind JBL winning the title but, kicking out of Eddie's frog splash off the top rope raised my eyebrow a bit. But JBL in all was just a mistake. All of it.