PDA

View Full Version : who's better pt.2 jake "the snake" roberts or the undertaker

KillerWolf
09-26-2004, 05:56 PM
wrestling neither are/were that great. actually, when he was new in the WWF the undertaker was not bad. also, it seems to me that he generally is a more skilled wrestler whenever he is a heel. taker's wrestling has looked like crap for quite some time. i miss heel biker taker. it was the right gimmick and fighting style for him at this point in his career IMO. not much that can be said for jake's wrestling. both men are basically brawlers - both men have had some great matches. advantage: taker - 0 - 1

mic skills this one is a no-brainer. however, as a heel, undertaker has cut some pretty good promos. (undertaker is better at everything when he is a heel). but when it comes to cutting promos, taker is better than average, and jake roberts is great. advantage: jake - 1 - 1

work rate its been a while since jake was in action, but i dont recall him being injury prone. undertaker on the other hand, i think it is safe to say that he has had too many injuries and/or other prolonged absences that have been crapily worked into story lines where he has to take six months off to search his soul or whatever. advantage: jake 2 - 1

finisher ddt vs. tombstone/last ride/dragon sleeper/chokeslam. i wanna give it to jake's ddt, but im going to give it to the undertaker's tombstone only because the ddt is generally no longer a valid "finishing-move". advantage: taker - 2 - 2

"it" factor once again, they both have it. the advantage here for the undertaker is that he has it psycologically as well as being an impressive physical specimen. however, i think it is safe to say that another reason for taker's popularity was that he was just the perfect man for the gimmick of a lifetime and he has been being carried by his legend and his past glory for some time now. advantage: jake - 3 - 2

heat heel heat...when it comes to dastardly deeds, jake "the snake" could not be beat. jake roberts/macho man feud is one of my all-time favorites. face heat, well, not as good, but he's got that too. undertaker heel heat is good, too. unfortunately, this is wwe we're talking about. i think one of wwe's biggest mistakes has been making the undertaker a chronic baby face. his face heat is, well, it's gotta be frustrating for his hardcore fans, because you know that as a face he is going to loose in the end through some sort of trickery. will it be yet another five on one assault to insure that his heel opponent retains his title??? YES, IT WILL. advantage: jake - 4 - 2

contribution to wrestling unfortunately there will never be another jake "the snake" roberts or another undertaker. jake the snake is a talented and unique individual. the undertaker is an individual with extraordinary abilities and a great gimmick. i wish jake roberts would come back to wwe in some (any) capacity. it is my personal opinion however that the big, evil man in black straight up changed the game. when undertaker entered the scene 14 years ago it was a brand new concept- an unstopable heel who with his pysical appearance and ability, whether by design or by coincidence made even the top faces look like crap. you knew the moment you saw him, that wrestling was going to change. advantage - taker - 4 - 3

JAKE 4 TO 3 :wave:

Funky Fly
09-26-2004, 06:53 PM
WTF? Jake The Snake had way better wrestling ability than Undertaker.

Mister Sinister
09-26-2004, 11:18 PM
^ So True Funky...Who Cares, Jake is Better all around

Head
09-27-2004, 12:01 AM
While he was around, Jake for sure, in every category, but I think I'd rather Taker due to the fact that he's a lot more consistent.

Molly fan 25
09-27-2004, 03:39 AM
I think Jake needs another point for having more personal demons.

Dave Youell
09-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Ummm, Jake does still wrestle in Enlgand and if you were to do that pole on how he works now, trust me it's def a point to Taker

sensai86
09-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Jake on the mic was unbeliveable. Check out he's promo from WrestleMania.(Don't remember which one, I think he was fighting The Million Dollar Man)