PDA

View Full Version : The Kane Identity

Tombstone275
09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed, but does anyone remember when Kane first came out and he was huge? He was taller than the undertaker and bigger too. He towered over test and could pick up the Big Show. Then does anyone remember when Kane came back from like a long injury and he had that like half mask on and test was now as tall as him and he was smaller than prince albert? Or how about more recently when he faced undertaker at wreslemania.... i believe he looked smaller than undertaker. I cannot believe that he has been the same guy behind that mask. Please someone give me some answers!!!!

Xero
09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
It's always been Glen Jacobs... I doubt that he shrunk, most likely the camera angles make it seem that way, or the other way around (The camera angles used to make him look bigger)... Or maybe he slouches now...

loopydate
09-28-2004, 04:44 PM
He was in a horrible hunting accident. That's why he's shorter now.

He placed some birdseed out in the middle of a desert highway, then hung an anvil over it. He had rigged up a tripwire so that once the birdseed had been eaten, the anvil would fall, killing his game. However, a roadrunner came and ate all the seed, then ran off. Checking to see what was wrong with his trap, Kane stepped out into the road, and the anvil fell on him!

He spent three weeks in the hospital, folded up like an accordion, making music when he walked.

Poor bastard...

Xero
09-28-2004, 04:53 PM
He was in a horrible hunting accident. That's why he's shorter now.

He placed some birdseed out in the middle of a desert highway, then hung an anvil over it. He had rigged up a tripwire so that once the birdseed had been eaten, the anvil would fall, killing his game. However, a roadrunner came and ate all the seed, then ran off. Checking to see what was wrong with his trap, Kane stepped out into the road, and the anvil fell on him!

He spent three weeks in the hospital, folded up like an accordion, making music when he walked.

Poor bastard...
:rofl:

Jonster
09-28-2004, 05:00 PM
:rofl:
I second that.

OssMan
09-28-2004, 05:57 PM
nah, I know this dude that had been watching wrestling for a long time, and he said that this guy "Kane" was working for the WWE as a secretary or something, but he looks nothing like Kane now (apparently he was shown on TV). the secretary guy later played the character of the Kane we are familiar with. but I guess something happened and they brought Glen Jacobs in.

ColdwaVer
09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
He's gotten a bit smaller and leaner in terms of bulk, but anything regarding his height is just a perception issue. Covering yourself in a mask, a mess of hair, and black and red gear will tend to make anyone look a big bigger.

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Guys...go to IMDB.com and look up Kane. It's always been Glen Jacobs.

VonErich Lives
09-29-2004, 08:51 PM
yeah, it was probably camera angles... it's been the same guy... When he first came in against taker, they may have done a camera angle or possible given him bigger lifts in his boots to make him tower over taker...

DaveWadding
09-29-2004, 08:54 PM
VEL (for once ;) :p) is right. When Kane came in, he had lifts in his boots.

Excellance of Execution
09-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Also, if i remember correctly, Kane tore his bicep and was out for a while. After he returned he wasn't quite as "buffed" as he was before he got hurt. Obviously, because of the injury he wasn't able to train and he lost alot of his muscle tone.

Iceman90
10-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Kane wore lifts when he first came in. They wanted him to look just as big, if not bigger, than The Undertaker.

M-A-G
10-03-2004, 12:28 AM
He lost like 30-35 lbs. when he was injured in 2002 which explains his body. He has gone through several outfits as well plus I'm sure he hung around shorter people back in the day. And I think he used lifts like Iceman pointed out.

SOLE SURVIVOR
10-03-2004, 02:56 AM
When he arrived he did have lifts in his boots which I think were either removed, or shortend, one or the other. It has always been Glen as Kane. They did once say that it was the outfits that made him look thicker and once he went with the sleeveless look is why he looked smaller. I suppose that could be some kind of cover up

CosaNostra
10-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Is it just me, because when the Kane character first started, the arms were a lot more muscular than they were now.

Iceman90
10-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Is it just me, because when the Kane character first started, the arms were a lot more muscular than they were now.

Lets take a look

Old Kane Costume
http://www.scs.sk.ca/Aug/archives/classpages/7H%20pages/Jaret/Gifs/kane.get.creamed.gif

New Kane Costume
http://raw.wwe.com/superstars/kane/images/55.jpg

You be the judge

Xero
10-03-2004, 08:28 AM
LOL, Austin looks like a midget there, but it's the distance, camera angle, and the angle he's at...

The only diffrence you can really see in those two pics is that he's much more buff in the first one, legs and arms...

damn tekno
11-06-2004, 04:55 PM
He was bulkier in the first pic, he looks more ripped in the new one.