PDA

View Full Version : So I called the number in the Simon Dean promos...

Anybody Thrilla
09-28-2004, 07:21 PM
...and it's real. There's not much to it at all. Basically, the same fat people bashing that he does in the promos. I just thought it was pretty funny that they had a real number for it.

Anyway, it's speculation time. Do you guys think the character will work? Will he be like The Body Donna 2K4? I think there's some potential there for something big...sorta. Not too big, but big enough to keep me interested.

Thoughts?

Mike the Metal Ed
09-28-2004, 07:29 PM
At least it wasn't Val Venis's mobile phone number again. :D

PorkSoda
09-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Oh, so this guy is a wrestler?

FourFifty
09-28-2004, 07:42 PM
<font color=cyan>I called it also. Just a promo. I'm unsure how long it should be, but after 55 seconds I hear a beep on my phone, and it says "good-bye."
I would call right now, and see if it's just my cell phone, but I'm awaiting a college to contact me.

Funny stuff.
203-352-1587

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2004, 07:52 PM

Simon Dean is played by Mike Bucci, better known as Nova of ECW fame.

Gouda
09-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah the number is real... pwinsider.com had the transcript of the message you get when you call it a few weeks ago.

I think the character will get over. That is until it gets old.

What do you mean by Val Venis' mobile phone number? Did that actually happen?

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Long term I don't think the character will work. Basically because he's gonna be on Raw and is gonna receive little air time so he probably won't get over enough - unless he moves to Smackdown where is character will have a better chance of working because they're willing to give more workers air time

Xero
09-28-2004, 08:41 PM
I remember hearing when Godfather said a number on air, I think 1-800-HO-TRAIN, it was a real number and WWE got in trouble :lol:

I'd imagin that the gimmick will work for atleast a while... It's yet to be seen how he will act in the ring... Although I would imagin his promos will be almost identical...

Hardkore Kidd J
09-28-2004, 09:16 PM

Wait you're talking about that guy during the commercial from Raw where he's selling this weight loss stuff and he says "Simon Says" I didn't know he was a wrestler I saw the commercial and I actually thought it was one of those infomercials about weight loss. Never in a million years did I think this was the same Simon Dean I have heard about. He was Nova in ECW? Was he in OVW after that? I don't really know what this guy can do I have high hopes for him though.

Mike the Metal Ed
09-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Yeah the number is real... pwinsider.com had the transcript of the message you get when you call it a few weeks ago.

I think the character will get over. That is until it gets old.

My memory's a bit hazy, but I think when Al Snow lost Pepper, he hung up signs outside the arena with a number to call if anybody found Pepper... Al deliberately used Val's mobile number for a joke and he kept getting phone calls from WWF fans. :lol:

6to1
09-28-2004, 09:42 PM
i have a fealing his 1st feud will be with rosie, the way he is going oss on fat people.

Shaggy
09-29-2004, 12:08 AM
I was waiting for someone on here to say that they called the number. I was hoping someone would call it because I was interested to see what it would do. Funny thing for Vince to do. I think this character might do well in the beginning. And yes like 6to1 said I do see him possibly feuding with Rosie. Maybe they will have him starting off fighting the wrestlers that dont really look like they are in shape. But then again there are really few of those.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I would mark out if he feuded with Triple H, but he's gotten over really well as a heel so I'm going to bet a Maven, Benoit or Orton feud (or something of the like).

Xero
09-29-2004, 12:12 AM
If he does a bit with JR, and JR does jumping jacks and falls flat on his face, I will laugh so fucking hard...

I have a feeling that JR will be a target, but King might "save" him...

6to1
09-29-2004, 12:33 AM
big show would be the best one for him to fight but he is on smackdown.

I-Hate-You
09-29-2004, 12:55 AM
<font color=cyan>I called it also. Just a promo. I'm unsure how long it should be, but after 55 seconds I hear a beep on my phone, and it says "good-bye."
I would call right now, and see if it's just my cell phone, but I'm awaiting a college to contact me.

Funny stuff.
203-352-1587
Does it cost anything?

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 01:00 AM
So far, Dean makes me laugh like no other wrestler. I can't wait to see this guy in action. Have they announced yet when he's arriving?

Oh, and this is kind of off-topic, but we mentioned a possible Rosey / Dean fued. If Hurricane goes heel and drops the superhero bit, will Rosey drop it, too and go back to his thuggish 3MW style?

I-Hate-You
09-29-2004, 01:03 AM
I want to know if it costs anything.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2004, 02:16 AM
If Simon debuted on SmackDown!, I'd really like to have seen Tank Toland & Chris Cage brought up as a tag team. Torrie Wilson would have made a good valet, as well. Throw Paul Heyman in as a manager and you have "Adrenaline" as a good, strong heel stable.

Batsu
09-29-2004, 03:07 AM

In an angle, I believe the infamous "Pepper" angle... Al Snow announced a number that people could call if they had seen his missing dog. This was a rib done in conjunction with Foley... and it turned out to be Val Venis's mobile number. Apparently, quite a few people had called Venis.

Xero
09-29-2004, 01:17 PM
I want to know if it costs anything.
I'd imagin so... You'd atleast get a long distance charge if you werent in that area code... Which, not suprisingly, is in Connecticut....

FourFifty
09-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Does it cost anything?

<font color=cyan>It might cost long distance chanrges, but I have free nation wide long distance as long as I stay in my little corner of the earth.

Gertner
09-30-2004, 01:46 AM
btw way to rip off Simon Diamond's gimmick in ECW

MrPerfect
09-30-2004, 03:33 AM
anyone remember Beaver Cleavage? He last for one week after a bunch of promos. Yeah thats gonna happen with this crappy gimmick too.

Anybody Thrilla
09-30-2004, 03:37 AM
btw way to rip off Simon Diamond's gimmick in ECW

I was thinking it was more of a reprise of the Body Donna gimmick that Chris Candido and Tammy Sytch worked. They came before Simon Diamond. So who's ripping who?

Gertner
09-30-2004, 11:10 AM
I was thinking it was more of a reprise of the Body Donna gimmick that Chris Candido and Tammy Sytch worked. They came before Simon Diamond. So who's ripping who?

um. those gimmciks were different. "simon says" I'm pretty sure will be done to death. It was funny when Simon Diamond did it, but It'll be done to death when the WWE gets ahold of it.

Anybody Thrilla
09-30-2004, 12:22 PM
um. those gimmciks were different. "simon says" I'm pretty sure will be done to death. It was funny when Simon Diamond did it, but It'll be done to death when the WWE gets ahold of it.

Ohhh, pardon me. I didn't watch too much ECW when Simond Diamond was in it. I thought you meant the whole fitness thing, so I just assumed. My apologies. Either way, I'll bet you Simon Diamond wasn't the first person with that name to use the phrase "Simon Says" until everybody wanted to bludgeon him with a pool cue.