PDA

View Full Version : US Title

Eunos
01-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Ok if your going to give the belt to the Big Slag, The least you can do is make him defend it.

I mean whats the point in bringing back a belt if your not going to use it properly.

I see some potential mid card battles with that belt, but it's not going to happen if they keep it with him.

(sorry if this has already been done) :nono:

moshingfreak
01-01-2004, 08:55 PM
thats the same with the CW title though. I also don't see Randy defending the IC title anytime soon. But I could be wrong

Fox
01-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Show is gonna lose the title to Cena soon anyways.

Randy defended the belt on RAW this past Monday, so wtf?

And I can't agree more about the cruiserweight title. Vince has his head up his ass when it comes to the cruiserweight division.

ilt_undertaker
01-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I was just gettin ready to start a topic about the U.S title, and whether or not it has lost credability since being brought back.

The CyNick
01-01-2004, 11:05 PM
It has since Big Show got it.

When Eddie had it, the title was starting to gain some momentum. I mean it was introduced on Smackdown, which means it was introduced in a way to give the title some credibility (unlike RAW), and they had Eddie-Benoit in the finals which was a great match on a great PPV. Then they had Eddie-Cena fued over the title, in a fued that started to elevate both guys. Plus, at that time Eddie was strating to catch fire, so the title was being elveated with him.

Then they put the title on Show, which killed the title and Eddie in the process.

Hopefully when they put the strap on Cena they leave it there and they can build the title back up and build Cena up as well.

Corkscrewed
01-02-2004, 03:00 AM
I think weekly title shots, especially for the US, IC, and CW titles, are almost a must. They generate interest and you can get lots more people involved in such feuds with more frequent matches.

Frankly, Show's done nothing for the title, even though he honestly could have. He's just a pretty boy who is supposed to make the title look good because "a main eventer like him" is holding it but really does nothing.

moshingfreak
01-02-2004, 03:02 AM
that would be wicked if they defended those titles weekly.

Darwin Henderson
01-02-2004, 06:47 AM
I think weekly title shots, especially for the US, IC, and CW titles, are almost a must. They generate interest and you can get lots more people involved in such feuds with more frequent matches.

Frankly, Show's done nothing for the title, even though he honestly could have. He's just a pretty boy who is supposed to make the title look good because "a main eventer like him" is holding it but really does nothing.

Big Show is not pretty. The title should be one where they try people who haven't had a world title run( such as Edge, Eddie, Cena) and see how good a champion they are, to see what they'd be like as world champion.

Sephiroth
01-02-2004, 08:27 AM
^ Eddie had the U.S. Title for a very short amount of time. And i really think it's time that Show must defend his title, since he has his title he didn't defend it, and i really think a few guys should get a shot at the title.