PDA

View Full Version : Its Time For Batista

Tombstone275
09-29-2004, 06:42 PM
I think Batista should be given a push. Personally I like him much better than Randy Orton. Batista just has that look, that physique that a world champion should have. He makes Orton look like a child. I could see him being a really heavy hitter if the WWE played their cards right with him.

Gouda
09-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Is it any wonder why you like him better?

Batista: "Destroys" people and knocks people out.

Randy Orton: Gets beat up on a regular basis/runs away.

Anyways, yes I can see Batista getting a push down the line. I can't see him becoming World Champion though.

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Yeah, Gouda's right. Batista's going to get the Big Show treatment: Huge, destructive powerhouse...no title shots.

Gouda
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Well... Big Show was a world champion.

Batista will get the huge, destructive powerhouse and he WILL get a title shot sometime but he'll never win it.

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah, but what I'm saying is Show should be after the belt constantly. Especially after the display he made on his recent return. After crushing Angle at NM, he should go straight for the belt.

Joe Kerr
09-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah Show needs a new braclet.

Sting Fan
09-29-2004, 08:14 PM
I could see Batista as Champion but probably in a few years time and probably only as a champ to put someone else over. He has the size that if he was built right for a month or two it would look impressive for anyone to beat him.

Also I have to say I see money and more than watchable (if not great) matches in Bataista vs Kane own the road. I remember not so long ago on Raw they had a brief scuffle punches and such and the crowd was way into it. It could be quite good seeing as they are both better than average big man workers.

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2004, 08:52 PM
I am a HUGE Batista mark, as well as the HUGEST Kane mark. I think both deserve more main event attention then they're getting. But to be honest, I'd have to agree with the WWE's slow approach to Batista.

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 08:59 PM
My only fear in a full-on Batista vs. Kane match is that it would end up as a saddening echo of such coulda-been-great matches as Kane/Taker and Lesnar/Goldberg of WWXX: Lotsa possibilities...not much match. I do have high hopes, tho. :D

Sting Fan
09-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Alienoid - I agree slow and steady will make money with Batista his push has been so much better then having him rammed down our throats inlike a lot of other big guys (Heidenreich). Everytime you see Batista do something which should be a step up for him it almost seems natural because his push has been so good he never seems over pushed.

Afterlife - Kane and Taker has been done so many times it has lost its shine. And Goldberd vs Lesnaar neither of them gave a crap but lets be honest Kane must love the buisness to endure the shit he does so surely he would be commited to a good match. And Bataista at 38 is still improving in ring and promo wise so he mush have passion there somewhere. And a lot of the time a good match is 90% passion 10 % skill.

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Batista is an impressive midcarder, but he'll never draw any cash for the company. Considering he's being pushed as it is, let him go over Jericho (via Edge interfering) in a few months time and have the I.C. title for a while and lets see then what he can do with a singles title. (BTW I am a huge Jericho mark and I wouldn't want to see him squashed by a hoss)

Afterlife
10-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Sting Fan - I totally agree with you, on both acounts. I'm not saying a Kane/Batista match would suck. I'm just saying I haven't seen many Big Man vs. Big Man matches that were all that great. Like I said, High Hopes -- without 'em, why watch?

LK
10-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Got to admit Batista gas really grown on me as of late. I don't think he ever will be champion but he will certainly be a IC champ and will be in the upper mid card but I do doubt that they will ever give him the belt.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Batista could really make a legendary mid-carder. I had no idea he wa sso old to be honest, he really gives off the impression he's really young. I guess his physique is still good enough to keep him going for a while, though.

I can see a Kane vs. Batista feud really being entertaining, it may not be the best in-ring show to watch wrestling-wise, but if both guys keep up their efforts, the fans will really be into it. It shouldn't just be slapped on some RAW exclusive PPV either. I'm talking about something like WrestleMania, without the title involved (maybe IC Title).

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Sting Fan - I totally agree with you, on both acounts. I'm not saying a Kane/Batista match would suck. I'm just saying I haven't seen many Big Man vs. Big Man matches that were all that great. Like I said, High Hopes -- without 'em, why watch?

I agree with you in a way. I wouldn't be watching a Kane vs. Batista match for the technical stuff, but I think both guys would really try their best, and would make the match watchable. Both guys are MVPs to the company at the moment, and I really hope success finds them in this business, eventually.

Aussie Skier
10-01-2004, 09:34 AM
I'd like Batista to be IC champ in the next few months.

Altho, like kane and Taker, he is menacing enough that he doesnt need a belt around his waste.
Unlike a certain someone whose cock is way to far up his bosses arse

tucsonspeed6
10-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Not enough charisma. Keep him with Flair and/or HHH for a while. He'll still need some work on his acting, but a title around his waist couldn't hurt his credibility either. He's deffinately not ME material yet though. IC championship feud with Jericho in a few months...free Jericho up for the Rumble.

Boondock Saint
10-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Haven't Kane and Batista faced each other on PPV once before? I could have sworn they have...:?: Can't think of it though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Haven't Kane and Batista faced each other on PPV once before? I could have sworn they have...:?: Can't think of it though.

They did. I think it was at Armageddon 2002. Since then both men have undergone a change, however.

Mister Sinister
10-01-2004, 07:17 PM

Yeah, They did at Armageddon 2002

Mister Sinister
10-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Damn Beat Me Too It

123 kid
10-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Batista is a great talent, is he really 38? I thought he was about 29,30! It's good the WWE are pushing him slowly, I'm sick of people jumping fom midcard to main event within two months. I don't ever see him being champion, however I would never of thought Bradshaw (JBL) would be champ. I like batista, he has a great physique and he's not bad in the ring. He needs to add a few moves to his list though, I'm kinda getting sick of the spinebusters. I would like to see him champ one day, or at least with some gold around his waist.

the_rock's_#1_fan
10-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Batista is a great talent, is he really 38? I thought he was about 29,30! It's good the WWE are pushing him slowly, I'm sick of people jumping fom midcard to main event within two months. I don't ever see him being champion, however I would never of thought Bradshaw (JBL) would be champ. I like batista, he has a great physique and he's not bad in the ring. He needs to add a few moves to his list though, I'm kinda getting sick of the spinebusters. I would like to see him champ one day, or at least with some gold around his waist.

Speaking of Batista, here's a big "IF" and not necessarily when question...IF Evolution ever finally breaks up, who would you like to see go first, HHH, Flair or Batista himself or maybe 2 of the 3 decide to break it up, then which 2? Just looking to get some kind of an actual discussion going on these god-forsaken forums...

Fox
10-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Batista's spinebuster gives me a hard on.

ralphwiggum
10-05-2004, 03:08 AM
I believe he is around mid 30's. like 35 36 around there. i was surprised too when i found out.

Batsu
10-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Batista is cool, but sometimes, it looks like he struggles in the ring. As a "big man", I think Kane is far superior.

Did Batista have a really kick ass finisher in OVW as Leviathan or something? Because while his spinebuster and sitdown powerbomb kick ass, he rarely has anything really interesting going on in his matches. At least Kane will go off the top rope every now and then.

Rain Man
10-05-2004, 08:50 PM
I would want to see Kane get the title again, before Batista gets it anyday. Kane has such a better character. Batista is just another Hendinrich, SNitsky, and all those big buff brutal brawlers. He doesn't do anything for me.