PDA

View Full Version : Rate The Wrestler - Day 39 - Kane

Mister Sinister
09-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, The day is over with, as the man many people including myself are calling the future of professional wrestling scored a 82, which ties him with Hulk Hogan for 11th Place. Today Wrestler of the day is a man considered to be the most talented Big Man in wrestling and the workhorse of the Raw Brand...and he was requested by Savior who is celebrating his 17th B-Day today, withou farther adue....KANE!!!!

Day 1: Bret Hart (96)
Day 2: Chris Jericho (91)
Day 3: Rob Van Dam (78)
Day 4: Diamond Dallas Page (80)
Day 5: Low Ki (73)
Day 6: A.J Styles (89)
Day 7 : Rey Mysterio Jr. (81)
Day 8: Owen Hart (95)
Day 9: Ultimo Dragon (84)
Day 10: Raven (87)
Day 11: "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith (84)
Day 12: The Hurricane (76)
Day 13: Brian Pillman (92)
Day 14: John Bradshaw Leyfield (46)
Day 15: Taz (82)
Day 16: Bob "Hardcore" Holly (34)
Day 17: Christian (83)
Day 18: Ric Flair (87)
Day 19: Jeff Jarrett (65)
Day 20: Shawn Michaels (92)
Day 21: Ricky "Dragon" Steamboat (90)
Day 22: Kevin Nash (61)
Day 23: Jushin Lyger (88)
Day 24: Brock Lesnar (78)
Day 25: Sting (91)
Day 26: Lex Luger (55)
Day 27: Curt "Mr. Perfect" Henning (91)
Day 28: Andre The Giant (80)
Day 29: Vader (78)
Day 30: Jim "The Anvil" Niedhart (66)
Day 31: Scott Hall (83)
Day 32: Big Vito (60)
Day 33: Hollywood Hulk Hogan (82)
Day 34: Jerry Lynn (83)
Day 35: Kurt Angle (96)
Day 36: Mick Foley (88)
Day 37: Steve Corino (73)
Day 38: Randy Orton (82)

Current Top 10 Leaderboard
1.Bret Hart, Kurt Angle (96)
2. Owen Hart (95)
3. Brian Pillman, Shawn Michaels (92)
4. Chris Jericho, Sting, Curt Henning (91)
5. Ricky Steamboat (90)
6. AJ Styles (89)
7. Jushin Lyger, Mick Foley (88)
8. Ric Flair, Raven (87)
9. Ultimo Dragon, British Bulldog (84)
10. Christian, Scott Hall, Jerry Lynn (83)

DaveWadding
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM

Hardkore Kidd J
09-29-2004, 08:43 PM
9.5. I really like this guy especially without the mask.

Volchok
09-29-2004, 08:48 PM

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2004, 08:51 PM
8. This guy is my favourite wrestler, worker and entertainer, but I can't really give him higher than that. He's easily the most misused guy in wrestling, as well as the guy, that I believe, is responsible for making RAW as entertainng as it is. I don't know if the WWE really knows how lucky they are to have Kane under contract. The character and Glen Jacobs as a worker don't come much higher class, but as previously mentioned he is a big man, and although still in the "excellent" zone, he's not quite on Kurt Angle's level.

Head
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM

Cruiserweight 3:16
09-29-2004, 08:57 PM
9 - Pretty much I agree with what Alienoid06 has said, and I'd love to give him a higher score than a 9 because of his importance to Raw, but his skills are not good enough to be rated any higher

PorkSoda
09-29-2004, 09:07 PM
I think he was best when he first started out as a reckless mofo who didnt stop at anything. They really developed him over the years, changing his outfit and personallity. He pulled off some funny segments with the mask on a few times and can be quite funny at times. His in ring work is decent, he can pull off a good match. Think WWE kind of killed his character since he did the angle with Lita.

Joe Kerr
09-29-2004, 09:09 PM
I would give him a 9 when he was the unstopable monster that had to hide his face..Now he is week and constantly jobbing. His gimmick was destroyed, Kane-Lita is a horrible angle for either. so.....

Afterlife
09-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Kane is a helluva showman. Obviously, he's loyal, b/c he agreed to the gutwrenching "Marriage" story. But he's really not a wrestler. He can fight. I would never insult his mother. But he doesn't do much wrestling at all. Still, he's one of the keys to the show, and, tho I do prefer the mask, his character is dominating as is.

Evil Vito
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM
<font color=goldenrod>9.8

I've always been a MASSIVE Kane mark.</font>

John la Rock
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM

I love Kane, alongside Taker, he's the best big man in WWE history

Mister Sinister
09-29-2004, 09:54 PM
<center>http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/k/kane/79.jpg

Name:Kane
Finishing Move: Chokeslam/Tombstone Piledriver
Years Pro: 11 Years
Archivements: WWE Championship,2 Time WWE Intercontinetal Champion, 6 Time WWE Tag Team Champion, WCW Tag Team Champion, WWE Hardcore Champion

Overness: Just to let you know, I'm not going to include his Roles as Issac Yankem or the fake diesel in theses reports, since that was the period in which I stopped watching wrestling for some time. The legend of Kane would begin in September of 1997, during the first ever Hell In A Cell match between The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels, it seemed Taker was about to hit the Tombstone Piledriver on Michaels, when the lights in the Arena, went out, and some creppy music began to play, all of a sudden, Fire Erupted from the stage as a Big Red Machine, that we would later come to love as Kane, made his way down to the ring and ripped the door off the cell, Enter the ring and Tombstoned the Undertaker, which allowed HBK to pick up the win. The next night, when the Truth Commission was facing some unknown Tag Team at the time...by the name of Matt and Jeff Hardy...hmm why do thoses name sound familar? Kane came down and destroyed the Commission and the young duo from Cameron, North Carolina, Kane would continue to destroy everything in his way, Ahmed Johnson? Destroyed! Mankind....Chokeslamed half way thru the Metal staging (Yes the impact, dented the staging Area) What about the most Dominate wrestler of the Early 90's in Vader? Not even the mastadon called Vader could put a dent in Kane armor, Also shortly before his match with Vader, at the Royal Rumble 98, he locked his brother, The Undertaker in a casket and set it on Fire! However not even that could do away with the Undertaker, which set up very hyped up match, Kane was hit with everything from the Undertaker, Chokeslams, and even kicked out of the Undertaker Tombstone, not once, but twice, but however the monster suffered his first pinfall loss after a Third Tombstone Piledriver, Kane would once again lose to the Undertaker in the first ever Inferno match, with a little help from a Returning Vader...Kane would get his revenge on Vader, and defeated him once again in a Mask v. Mask match at Over The Edge, It wasn't long after this Kane finally picked up a win ver his brother and won a shot at WWE Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin. However that wouldn't be the only title Kane would be considered the number 1 Contender to, as Kane & Mankind won a 10 Team Battle Royal to be crown Number 1 Contenders to the Tag Titles. Kane would win the WWE Title, but lose it the next night, making him one of the shortest reigning Champions in history. However he would rebound and win the Tag Titles with Mankind v. The New Age Outlaws, but would lose them at the next ppv to Taker & Austin before, once again, regaining them once again, Two weeks later, But however, when it came time to defend the Titles against the Outlaws in a Tag Team Street Fight at Summerslam 98, Kane didn't show up, until after Foley lost the titles, and proceeded to drive a sledgehammer into the skull of Foley...(Now I think we know where Triple H got it from), Kane then after months of fighting with his brother...Joined him and formed a Dominant Tag Team...The two of which would take the WWE Championship away from Steve Austin, the alliance between Kane and Undertaker began to fail, however once again, Kane found himself on the losing win of a battle with his brother, However Kane would even the score, when he interfered in Takers next match, against The Rock in the WWE Title Tournament, and chokeslammed The Rock, hence getting Taker DQ'ed...and then caused The Undertaker to be buried alive at the next WWE PPV, Rock Bottom, when he tombstoned Taker into a grave and allowed Austin to pick up the win, the next few months, saw Kane being Vince's hired muscle in the Corporation, however Kane began to take a liking to Chyna and helped her fight off D-X after she turned against them...This resulted in Kane facing Triple H at Wrestlemania 15.....and after making his somewhat first real friend in Chyna, she turned on him and assulted Kane, Kane was kicked out of the Corporation soon after. However soon after, Kane made a new friend in X-Pac...(Yeah I know, who who want to be his friend?) The team won the Tag Team Titles and actually made quite a great tag team, they would hold the titles for a few months before losing them to Big Show & Undertaker at Summerslam 99. Kane would get to challenge for the WWE Champion at Unforgiven in a Six Pack Challenge, but he wasn't even in the outcome of the match. Around this time, he did very little for a month or so, until X-Pac turned against him, Kane would defeat X-Pac at Survivor Series and then once again in a Cage Match at Armageddon. But during this time, Kane had a girlfriend named Tori...The night after Armageddon, Triple H (Who was running the show now with Steph) made a match, Kane v. Big show for the WWE Title, if Kane lost, Tori would have to spend the holidays with Pac. Kane lost however, and Tori became X-Pac Whore for the time being (That's something I think we don't want to imagine...Yuck) Kane would enter the Royal Rumble but didn't win it. However around this time, Tori too turned on Kane like X-pac did which set up a NO DQ Match with him and X-Pac, he lost...Kane Career is now over...well not really but it's a downpoint...Then at WM2000, Kane is struck in a meaningless Tag Match with Rikishi as they defeated X-Pac & Road Dogg....Kane would be out of Austin For the next few months after a Injury suffered at the hands of Bull Buchannon and the recent passed, Big Bossman

Kane would return and once again, Battle DX, or The McMahon/Helmsley regime, which saw the WWE Title being defended in a Six Man Tag Match, with Kane teaming with his Brother, The Undertaker, and The Rock v. Shane & Vince and Triple H...Kane once again wasn't involved in the outcome..Then for the next few months, Kane would just be struck in mostly Tag Matches...He would face the returning Big Show in (the 2 Apperances he made in his return before being sent down to OVW) which resulted in Big Show, Removing a Panel of the Smackdown Stage and Chokeslamming Kane thru it, To the Concrete Floor, a Few feet below....ooch! Kane would return a few weeks later and turned on his Brother and gave him, the same treatment Big Show did, as he chokeslammed him thru the ring, The two fought...Yes fought, since it wasn't a match at Summerslam 2000, which resulted in Taker ripping Kane mask off...The next Night, Kane challenged for the WWE Championship in what I consider one of his greatest matches v. The Rock, which saw Kane, Kickout of the Rock Bottom & People's Elbow before falling to a second Rock Bottom, it seemed the Monster Kane was returning...Kane would once again challenge for the WWE Title at Unforgiven in a Fatal Four Way, with him, Benoit, Rock and Undertaker, in a match, that shall Benoit crowned Champion before Foley restarted the match...which resulted in Kane not being in the final decesion, His next fued was with Chris Jericho, after Y2J accidently dropped hot Coffee on Kane, The two would battle on the next Two PPV's, with Kane defeating Jericho at Survivor Series, before losing at the next PPV in a Last Man Standing Match, which saw, Jericho shove a huge Staging Prop on top of Kane....Then once again, Kane joined with his Brother, The Undertaker, and at the Royal Rumble, Kane entered sixth, Eliminating 11 Wrestlers, and lasted all the way to the final two, making a great showing...He would be struck teaming with his Brother for awhile in Tag Matches, however during this time, he did manage to win the Hardcore Title at WM17 v. Raven and Big Show...before losing it to Rhyno, The Next couple of months, him and Taker would fued with Austin & Triple H, which finally ended with Kane winning the Intercontinental Title from Triple H in a chain match at Judgement Day 2001. He lost the belt shortly after to Albert...Kane would once again be struck in Tag Matches with Undertaker during the Invasion...Including winning the WWE & WCW Tag Titles and holding both at the same time...making him the first in history to do so if i'm not mistaken. When the Invasion ended Kane didn't do much of anything, he lasted less then 2 minutes in a very poorly booked Royal Rumble in 2002...yes one that Trips won mind you, He would be on the losing end at Wrestlemania to Kurt Angle...After this he has a small fued with the nWo...however ends up having his match ripped off once again, and found himself on the shelf.

For Month the WWE teased his return, Would Kane be the monster we love once again? No he comes back and does a Kane-A-Roonie :wtf:, He would fued with other wrestlers v. The Un Americans (One of my favorite stables by the way) for a bit, he even won the Tag Titles with The Hurricane and fought in the last TLC Match on WWE Television, without his tag team partner and retained the Titles. Kane also won the Intercontinental Title during this time from Jericho, and began to fued with WWE Champion Triple H...which is something we wish didn't happen, Because this was the fued that involved the Infamous Katie Vick, which saw Triple H comes out and accuses Kane of not only murdering Katie Vick, but raping her, either before or after she was dead...Kane would lose at the next PPV and lose his IC Title in a unification match with Triple H, he would get a little revenge in winning a Non-Title casket match shortly after, He also got another shot at the Title in the first ever Elimination Chamber Match, he was Eliminated after a Pedigree, Sweet Chin Music and a Lionsault in the match. He would begin jobbing to newcomer Dave Batista while teaming with Rob Van Dam, he somehow wasn't included at the next Wrestlemania but the match right before it, which saw the 7 Foot Kane do a Plaucha over the ropes to the floor, RVD and Kane would win the Tag Titles, they would hold them for awhile before losing them to the New comers of La Resistance...Then Kane challenged Triple H to a Title v. Mask match, and finally after 5 1/2 years with the mask on WWE TV, Kane was unmasked and turned on RVD, a fued in which he dominated him..Kane next business was Shane McMahon, which produced some entertaining matches and saw Kane do some ruthless things, but for god sake, he had to sell to Shane McMahon, one of the highlights of the fued was when Kane crawled into a Limo after Shane and Shane crawled out and floored the limo, sending it slamming into a 18 Wheeler...Kane won both his matches with Shane, and then later at Survivor Series, helped Vince Mcmahon defeat the Undertaker which caused him to be buried alive....Kane would spend the next while, getting paranormal messages from the grave from the Undertaker, which saw Kane facing the returniing deadman, dressed as Tim McGraw at WMXX, the monster was once again crushed at the hands of his brother, he would spend the next few months jobbing at PPV to a Returning Edge and losing a WWE Title match to Chris Benoit, Now we are here today, where he is in a Storyline with Lita/Gene Snitszky...a role Kane shouldn't be forced into....Glen Jacobs, besides having a history of being misused, Pushed and depushed so often, still remains one of the most Over Wrestlers in the WWE

Score: 9.

Look: Kane is supposed to be a Monster, and well while he won't win any beauty contest, he looks scary and intimidating, which scores him a 9

Score: 9

Talent: He's A Monster, so you can't really expect wrestling action that you get from Benoits, Jericho's, Hart's and Shawn Michaels, however he does work his ass off in everything he tries to do, and well while his wrestling Ability is somewhat limited, he can pull off decent matches with people...So he'lll score a 7 From Me

Score: 7

Mic Skills: He has improved from his days as the monster to had to use a voice box to even speak, Jacobs isn't affaid when he is in front of a camera, and while he isn't as Charismatic as some, he can still get the job done on the Mic, he proved this in his buildup for Wrestlemania XX, His score from me is a Solid 8

Score: 8

Archivements: Let's see, He's been a World Champion, a Intercontinetal Champion twice, a Tag Champion, six times, Defeated Steve Austin in the thick of the 3:16 Era, has defeated The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, Big Show, RVD among others, while he isn't exactly going to be remembered as a legend, he scores a solid 8.5

Score: 8.5

Potential: Kane, has all the potential in the world if ever used correctly, like we was when he debuted, he was a unstoppable monster, however unlike someone who debuted about the same time as him in WCW, Kane could actually show flashes of Talent, instead of a Kick, Speak, Jackhammer of a one, Bill Goldberg, If Vince would use Kane right, you could see some Success and money coming in from the WWE.

Score: 9

Finisher: Yes, kane is a Seven footer, who uses the typical Chokeslam that most big men use, however Kane's does look lke it would hurt unlike some, However he also has the Tombstone Pildriver, a move that he executes well, however he tends to stick to the Chokeslam, which if I was just grading upon that, he would get a 7.5, however since he brings out the Tombstone every now and again, he scores a a 8.5

Score: 8.5

Overall: 8.4</center>

McLegend
09-29-2004, 10:01 PM
I give Kane 8 great when he 1st came out now not so great.

Helms can u do TAZ next or soon.

Mike the Metal Ed
09-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Ring ability: 8.5
Overness: 9
Work rate: 10
Politics: 10
Mic skill: 6.5
Overall rank: 8.8

Mister Sinister
09-29-2004, 10:24 PM
I give Kane 8 great when he 1st came out now not so great.

Helms can u do TAZ next or soon.

Um, I would, but did you happened to look at the past days, at about day number 15? He's already been done, he scored a 82, which was the same Orton and Hogan got

MVP
09-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Ability: 6
Work Rate: 10
Overness: 8.5
Politics: 9
Mic Skills: 8

Overall: 7

CosaNostra
09-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Ring ability: 8 - Decent for a big man.
Overness: 8 - Over more as a Heel. Not so much as a Face.
Work rate: 9.5 - For the fact that a big guy like him is not shy to do a job and thus put people over.
Politics: 8 - No problems backstage that I can see.
Mic skill: 6.5 Comes off pretty wooden at times.

Overall Rank - 8

McLegend
09-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Um, I would, but did you happened to look at the past days, at about day number 15? He's already been done, he scored a 82, which was the same Orton and Hogan got
Sorry about that didn't see it

blueskies
09-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Kane... 7

Gone Mad
09-29-2004, 11:09 PM
8.8 ... One of my cult favorites, mostly because while he has it all, he just is missing something (besides a good storyline). He has the promo skills, he can wrestle any style including the aerial styles which is difficult for a big man. He is just a wicked character as well, and I have a thing for rooting for the bad guys. Anyway, hell fire and brimstone, that's KAAAANNNEEE!!!

Gonzo
09-29-2004, 11:10 PM

Innovator
09-29-2004, 11:38 PM
9 for the Big Red Machine

Aussie Skier
09-29-2004, 11:43 PM
ring Ability: 8 - one of the top big men
Overness: 10 - is always getting a reaction
Mic Skills: 8 - is getting better

Overall: 9

FakeLaser
09-30-2004, 12:17 AM

Kapoutman
09-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Wrestling: 6
Charisma/Mic Skills: 9
Entertainment: 8

Overall: 8.25, rounded to 8.3

And do Jacques Rougeau/The Mountie soon.

Funky Fly
09-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Ring ability: 8.5
Overness: 9
Work rate: 10
Politics: 10
Mic skill: 8.5
Overall rank: 9.2

Mayo
09-30-2004, 12:56 AM

BigDaddyCool
09-30-2004, 02:30 AM
If anyone couldn't tell, I like big men in wrestling, the Kanes, the Nashes, the Undertakers. And to be honest, Kane is really one of the best big men out there. I think he is hella underrated. So I'm going to give him a 9.7

LK
09-30-2004, 03:59 AM
Kane is one of my favourite big men in wrestling joint top with the Undertaker as the best big men of all time. Very talented actor, good mic skills and he has had his fair share of very decent matches.

Anybody Thrilla
09-30-2004, 04:39 AM
I would give him a 9 when he was the unstopable monster that had to hide his face..Now he is week and constantly jobbing. His gimmick was destroyed, Kane-Lita is a horrible angle for either. so.....

A whole point and a half ranking decline based on what you feel is poor booking? Yikes, that's rough. I'm sure he didn't book himself.

KayfabeMan
09-30-2004, 04:46 AM

Mister Sinister
09-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Finally, took me forever but I finally finished my review on Kane

123 kid
09-30-2004, 07:49 AM
9.2 One of my all time favorite wrestlers. Heavily mis-used.

King Jericho
09-30-2004, 07:54 AM
7.0 with the mask

8.3 without the mask :cool:

Savio
09-30-2004, 08:01 AM
:D 10!

Xero
09-30-2004, 08:02 AM

SuperSlim
09-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Kane when he first came to the WWF was awesome. I wouda given him a 9.6 then.

now they made him a punk.

now my score for him is an 8

The Answer
09-30-2004, 09:25 AM
8.5.Since the Kane gimmick he has been one of the dominating big men in the buisness.Yankem character was pretty funny

Oxstar
09-30-2004, 09:42 AM
8 It would be a 9 if they gave him his mask and hair back.

Sickboy
09-30-2004, 10:48 AM

Gouda
09-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Ring ability: 8.5 (For a big man)
Overness: 9 (Kane's always over)
Work rate: 9.5 (He's doing the best he can. Especially in his current angle)
Charisma: 8.5
Finisher: 8 (I've never been such a fan of the chokeslam)
Mic skill: 8.5 (He's had some good work since his mask came off)
Memories/Potential: 7 (I honestly don't see him going anywhere)

Overall: 8

Blue Demon
09-30-2004, 03:42 PM

Eunos
09-30-2004, 04:08 PM

Ive always liked Kane.

His got a good character and his in ring skills are very good for a big guy..

It's ashame he has had to participate in some god awful storylines..

he deserves better.