PDA

View Full Version : 5 Best All time WWE Streetfights

John la Rock
09-30-2004, 07:25 PM
5. Vince McMahon vs Shane McMahon - Wrestlemania X-Seven
- awesome match. great story telling, great bumps (Shane's flying elbow and the incredible Van-Terminator finsih) ****

4. Triple H vs Shawn Michaels - Summerslam 2002
- HBK's return match after 4 years away from the ring, awesome efforts from both men and incredible spots: HBK splah onto HHH through the table, HBK elbow off the ladder onto HHH) ****

3. Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack - Backlsah 2004
- I just recently downladed this match. OH MY GOD!!! Foley at his best, Orton stepping up and proving he should be a main-event wrestler, incredible spots include: Orton body slamming Foley on the barb-wire, Foley throwing Orton onto the thumbtacks, Foley throwing Orton off the stage, Foley's elbow drop off the stage onto Orton, and RKO on the barbwire bat to finish it off *****

2. Triple H vs Cactus Jack - Royal Rumble 2000
- one of my all time favs. both men at their absoulte best. HHH proving he is the best wrestler in the company. great storytelling, with chairs, barb wire baseball bats, handcouffs, and of course thumbtacks. The finsih was incredible: HHH Pedigreeing Foley on the thumbtacks. Ouch Seeing the thumbtacks in Cactus' forehead after the match was absolutely disgutsing. *****

1. Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon - King of the Ring 2001
- WOW. Probably the best match I have ever seen. Kurt's 3rd match of the night and arguably the best match of his career. Shane at his usual high flyin self. So many unreal spots, including: Shane's Shooting Star Press hitting the garbage can, Kurt 2 Belly to Belly Suplexes on Shane 1 landing Shane on his head, and 2 through the glass, 2 more Belly to Bellys both failing to break the other glass (eventually making Shane go face first to finally break it), And the best finish to a match that I have ever seen (Top rope Angleslam off the platform *****

Those are my top 5. Any others that I missed? what are your top 5?

LK
09-30-2004, 07:27 PM
I would pretty much agree with that list.

RGWhat316
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Probably the best 5 I can think of.

Ferocious
09-30-2004, 08:17 PM
I'd add Rock vs Foley at the Rumble in there to, but it was an I Quit match rather than a streetfight.

Arashi Kage
09-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Hollywood Backlot Brawl - Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Goldust at Wrestlemania 12.

Cruiserweight 3:16
10-01-2004, 06:53 AM
I'd replace the Vince - Shane match with the second fall of the HHH - Austin match at No Way Out 2001

Chavo Classic
10-01-2004, 09:46 AM
I'd replace the Vince - Shane match with the second fall of the HHH - Austin match at No Way Out 2001

Yeh, apart from the Van Terminator and the Elbow Drop the Vince & Shane match was pretty poor. Linda's "amazing recovery" was pathetic, she seemed to just stand in that ring forever before kicking Vince in the nuts (who had to re-position his blundering legs before taking it).

damn tekno
10-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Piper vs Golddust

Boondock Saint
10-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Test vs. Shane wasn't too bad either, but not as good as those.

JJ Moore
10-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Hollywood Backlot Brawl - Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Goldust at Wrestlemania 12.

:y: :y: :y: ill second that

John la Rock
10-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Does everyone agree with my order? Should one be ranked higher then the other?

Tornado
10-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Does everyone agree with my order? Should one be ranked higher then the other?

Swap 1 and 2 and its perfect in my eyes.

Joe Kerr
10-03-2004, 12:55 PM
nobody liked the Cena/Guerrero street fight? Where chavo returned....I mean it was like a fight night set up being in the parkinglot surrounded by cars and other wrestlers.

Avenger
10-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Hollywood Backlot Brawl - Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Goldust at Wrestlemania 12.dude that sucked

Azriel
10-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Good point Joey. I'd probably replace that with the Vince/Shane match and switch 1 and 2.

M-A-G
10-03-2004, 08:29 PM
There's a lot of those matches listed that weren't technically Street Fights (Orton/Foley, Rock/Mankind) so I'm not gonna bother with those. Besides, Orton is incapable of a 5 star match even with Foley bumping his ass off for him.

1. HHH/Cactus Jack - Royal Rumble 2000: Probably HHH's best match ever and it finally solidified him as a top heel even after 8-9 months of a failed push.

2. Shane McMahon/Vince McMahon - WrestleMania 17: This was when the McMahon's were watchable. All the right elements were there (story, workrate, proper finish even if Vince did the job to his friggin' son) and it led to the biggest, if not worst, angle of the year, the Invasion.

3. Shawn Michaels/HHH - SummerSlam 2002: Again, great story, great content. Shame HHH can't pull that kind of stuff out of his ass all the time but you take what you can get.

4. Kurt Angle/Shane McMahon - King of the Ring 2001: I rank this one this low because the build-up was kind of WTF? as the pairing didn't really make sense. It was a clash of styles but they made it work so props to them.

5. Bleh, I ran out of street fights that were that great as most of them were silly women's matches or city-themed ones so whatever.

Loose Cannon
10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
There's a lot of those matches listed that weren't technically Street Fights (Orton/Foley, Rock/Mankind) so I'm not gonna bother with those. Besides, Orton is incapable of a 5 star match even with Foley bumping his ass off for him.

Tell me your not implying Foley carried that match. Cause if so, you are so off it's not even funny. Anybody here would say Orton did a hell of a job in that match and in a lot of other matches from 2004 like Benoit, Edge, Benjamin, and Jericho.

Fox
10-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Orton took some good bumps, but yes, Foley orchestrated and carried that match. It plays out like a story, and when one of the competitors is an author (and one of the best hardcore style wrestlers of all time), it doesn't take a genius to piece it together.

Don't cry, LC. Orton is still a God in the making.

Loose Cannon
10-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Dude I ain't crying, but I'm telling it like it is. Two people can carry a match you know. It doesn't always have to be one person. And that match had just as much effort from both guys. Hell, Foley said it himself that Orton was excellent in that match.

Aussie Skier
10-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Piper vs Golddust

no way.

that match was boring as hell.

good 4 the time i suppose

JJ Moore
10-04-2004, 01:38 PM
that match was great in my eyes, hell i was only a kid and it was my first live WM i watched.

GODSON
10-05-2004, 02:30 PM
What's the difference between a Streetfight and a Hardcore Match?

Matches people forgot about:

Austin vs.Hitman from Raw in 97
Cactus Jack vs.HHH from Raw in 97