PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P., BBM

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 05:32 AM
I'm not sure how many of you know, but Ray Traylor, aka The Big Boss Man, died a few weeks ago of a massive heart attack. I was always a big fan of Boss Man, and I was very happy when he made hi return to the WWE, tho it felt rather short-lived. I'm not sure why he left the second time, but I'd imagine it was on good terms b/c they mention his death on wwe.com. However, unlike guys like the Harts, Blassie, or Yokozuna, they neglected to mention his passing on WWE tv. If anybody knows why the company would ignore his death, please share. The only other dead wrestler I remeber not being mentioned was Crash Holly, and he was still employed when he died. Anyway, just curious.

Xero
10-02-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm really not sure why... But I do know that Crash was in TNA at the time of his death...

ColdwaVer
10-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Crash wasn't working for WWE when he died.
And they gave the Boss Man the WWE standard for deceased former employees, a quick "in memory of" picture at the beginning of the next major broadcast to be taped. I agree that they should start doing more than that, but they gave him the par for the course.
And we all know this, and we have for over a week, there's a topic about it in the main wrestling forum.

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Oh, I didn't see the other forum. I also didn't see the "In memory". I must be slipping. :(

Afterlife
10-02-2004, 12:38 PM
And I thot RIchards was rooming with Crash when he died -- wasn't it Stevie who found him?

Xero
10-02-2004, 12:59 PM
And I thot RIchards was rooming with Crash when he died -- wasn't it Stevie who found him?
I believe he was... He died by choking on his own vomit in his sleep after a party, or so I've heard...

Mike the Metal Ed
10-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Oh, I didn't see the other forum. I also didn't see the "In memory". I must be slipping. :(

If you're Canadian, you wouldn't have seen it, TSN cut it off the beginning, it was shown in the US and UK though.

Xero
10-02-2004, 01:10 PM
If you're Canadian, you wouldn't have seen it, TSN cut it off the beginning, it was shown in the US and UK though.
If I remember correctly, they did a whole thing at the end of the year with all who died during a RAW, and he was there... I think he was actually mentioned by name, but I could be wrong...

Mike the Metal Ed
10-04-2004, 03:26 PM
If I remember correctly, they did a whole thing at the end of the year with all who died during a RAW, and he was there... I think he was actually mentioned by name, but I could be wrong...

I was talking about Bossman.

Cool King
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
I believe he was... He died by choking on his own vomit in his sleep after a party, or so I've heard...

I heard that Steven Richards found a bottle of Jack Daniels and some pills beside Crash.

KayfabeMan
10-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Crash's death was definitely drug / alcohol related. Can't feel bad for him on that one, since he had been abusing these type of things for quite some time before that.

Dave Youell
10-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah he did, and on heat the next week he did a crash match and pretty much did all of his movements and stuff.

Pretty cool

Xero
10-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah he did, and on heat the next week he did a crash match and pretty much did all of his movements and stuff.

Pretty cool
I didnt see that, but I heard it was very emotional... I heard he broke down and cried afterwards...