PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean Till the End of Time

Splaya
10-03-2004, 01:09 AM
So I got this game for my b-day and I must say, I'm impressed. The music is really good. The only bad part is the battle system. I'm having a little trouble getting used to it. :mad:

Anyways if you have played the game or seen someone play it, discuss here

OssMan
10-03-2004, 11:57 AM
what the hell? the battle system is the best part of the game. the music is what's annoying, it's like the same in every level. also the bosses are way too easy, I haven't fought one where I didn't beat him in under two minutes. the story seems a bit too rushed, but it's ok. also the inventing items thing is awesome.

you really had to play Star Ocean 1 to understand the battle system. they explain it in Star Ocean 2, but not as thoroughly. well if you picked galaxy mode, that will explain why you don't know how to do it.

MVP
10-03-2004, 02:21 PM
The Star Ocean series has the best RPG battle system ever made. Anyway the storyline's not bad, but I have to agree with AssMan about the game being too easy. Star Ocean 2 was WAY harder and more complex.

ralphwiggum
10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Would I have to play the other star ocean games before I play this one :?:

OssMan
10-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Would I have to play the other star ocean games before I play this one :?:no, but it is easier to get used to the battle system. I also think those games are better.

Y2Ant
10-04-2004, 06:33 PM
I was looking at this game the other day, what RPGs is it similar to?

OssMan
08-14-2007, 10:58 PM
yo once you get to disc 2 this game gets freaking retarded. like the story just spins out of control as if they ran out of ideas and it is just a huge pile of bologna. Did I seriously start this game 3 years ago and not finish it yet, all I know is I stopped playing for a long time cause I couldn't beat the Shrine of Kaddan

Kane Knight
08-14-2007, 11:11 PM
The battle system is totally gay.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-15-2007, 06:04 AM
I got up to the bit just after the mines and haven't touched it in like 2 years :$

El Fangel
08-15-2007, 11:57 PM
I accidently saved over my 260 hour file, and almost cried, I was in the maze so far in. :'(

Splaya
08-21-2007, 03:31 AM
I still havent beat it either

Slow
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Me neither, i think dynasty warriors 4 came out when i got and i forgot about SO3 completely!

OssMan
08-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok beat it. such a long, boring ending, kinda like the entire game

Requiem
08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
The dialogue is some of the worst I've seen in any game, but the game itself looked alright.

Shaggy
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL...I was given that game like two years ago for Christmas and its still sitting on my shelf....Unopened

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I have heard its a good game

OssMan
05-22-2009, 01:57 AM
FUCKING HATE THIS GAME. This has honestly the worst voice acting I have ever seen in my life, and the dialogue is corny in the first place so it's just completely awful. The storyline is absolutely atrocious. At first it's just like ok it's a regular boring storyline about some boring people and aliens attack or something. But then hey this is a spoiler it turns out your characters are really just characters in an MMORPG and the developers want to delete you. OOOH OK that's some great stuff. then the big bad dude wants to get rid of you once and for all without realizing that if he did that, he would kill himself.

I loved the second Star Ocean game so much and I started playing it again cause I don't think I beat it the first time around so I've been thinking about this game a lot. also I have only played like 2 hours of the first game so wtf was I saying in post #2. Anyway Fayt is like the weakest hero of any game ever, even more of a pansy than Tidus was. I actually kinda liked Nel for some reason but as soon as Cliff called her "that hot chick over there" or something I just kinda knew I couldn't take this game seriously.

First time I have ranted on TPWW in like 4 years so I dunno

OssMan
05-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Blade... of Fury!
Hammer of Might!
Hammer of Might!
Blade... of Fury!

Fignuts
05-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Is the gameplay itself good at least?

Kinda shitty tho, that the story is a sort of rip off of dot hack.

OssMan
05-22-2009, 02:27 AM
classic star ocean battle system, with a few new things added so that parts not terrible. except for the fact that you fucking die when you run out of MP, and your party likes to use magic a lot.

OssMan
05-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Oh yeah and I kept thinking they were trying to make references to works of literature cause that one character's name is Albel Nox and I kept thinking of Alberto Knox from Sophie's World, and Roger S. Huxley kept reminding me of Aldous Huxley. But there were no resemblances other than that..?