PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction #4: The Los Angeles Lakers will not make the playoffs this year

Splaya
10-06-2004, 01:39 AM
The Lakers lost Shaq, but they gained a lot of players for letting him leave. Discuss this as this will be the best fact or fiction yet.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Fiction

They won't make it in the top 4, but they'll probably make the postseason. Kobe Bryant is one of the 5 best players in the NBA and the players they got from the Heat aren't exactly terrible

BCWWF
10-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Of course they will.

Minnesota, San Antonio, Dallas, Sacramento, Houston, Denver. What, you think Portland, Phoenix, Utah, Memphis, Golden State, are going to finish better? In that case you are a fool and need a kick in the groin. They won't win the championship, but of course they're going to make the playoffs.

Splaya
10-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Of course they will.

Minnesota, San Antonio, Dallas, Sacramento, Houston, Denver. What, you think Portland, Phoenix, Utah, Memphis, Golden State, are going to finish better? In that case you are a fool and need a kick in the groin. They won't win the championship, but of course they're going to make the playoffs.
Yeah but remember I was the fool that said the Pistons would beat the Lakers in 5 :cool:

BCWWF
10-06-2004, 02:50 AM
Considering Malone was out, Payton was dull, and Shaq was unhappy going into the series, its not that daring of a prediction.

Splaya
10-06-2004, 03:05 AM
No no no, it didn't matter. Hollywood blew it out of proportion. All the papers, the sports stations, ESPN, they all never gave the Pistons a chance in hell. No one on here did. It didn't matter because Shaq and Kobe would kiss, make up and kill the Pistons. See the Pistons did the thing they did against what other teams didn't do. They contained Shaq and let Kobe "try" to do his thing.

Splaya
10-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Just get back to the overall question

Supreme Olajuwon
10-06-2004, 03:33 PM
I said the Pistons would win the title before the season started. You think you're special?

Splaya
10-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Consider the fact that I'm from Metro Detroit and I picked them to win it all before the season started as well.

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Fact: No Doubt about it. Kobe is still one of the best players in the NBA and I think they got Andre Miller and some other guy. Didn't they get Divac too?

BCWWF
10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
I don't think they got Miller, but the starting lineup right now is Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, and Vlade Divac, with Deavan George, Kareem Rush, Caron Butler, Luke Walton, Medeveko, and Chris Mihm. Not a superstar lineup, but they have players who can play the game.

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I don't think they got Miller, but the starting lineup right now is Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, and Vlade Divac, with Deavan George, Kareem Rush, Caron Butler, Luke Walton, Medeveko, and Chris Mihm. Not a superstar lineup, but they have players who can play the game.
Thats right it was Odom.. Dumbshit me (Eagles Fan what can you expect)

John la Rock
10-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Fiction

They still have Kobe along side Lamar Odom

BCWWF
10-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Divac might be out for part of the season if I'm not mistaken though, or am I mistaken?

Gonzo
10-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah but remember I was the fool that said the Pistons would beat the Lakers in 5 :cool:

So did I. :cool:

BCWWF
10-06-2004, 05:14 PM
It doesn't make you an expert if you predict your hometown team to win, especially when your hometown team is very capable of winning.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Fact: No Doubt about it. Kobe is still one of the best players in the NBA and I think they got Andre Miller and some other guy. Didn't they get Divac too?
soooooooooooo are you saying they are making the playoffs or not because fact means they arent

Innovator
10-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Fact, no matter how good Kobe is, Shaq made that team click.

Gertner
10-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Fiction.

btw Utah will make the playoffs

Gertner ' Metrosexual"

BCWWF
10-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Fact, no matter how good Kobe is, Shaq made that team click.

Its not the same team just minus Shaq, they have added at least four impact players

Rain Man
10-06-2004, 07:13 PM
soooooooooooo are you saying they are making the playoffs or not because fact means they arent
Fiction.. again AN EAGLES FAN HERE

The Outlaw
10-06-2004, 11:13 PM
lol Detroit did not contain Shaq my friend.

And Fiction. Even though Shaq (my boy) left, I still like some of the guys on there, Luke Walton is the man. I think they will be one of the lowest seeds but they will make it I guess.

Splaya
10-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Fact.

Yes the Lakers still have Kobe Bryant. Yes they got some role players that can make this team a contender. But Kobe is now the heart and sole of that team. They got a lot of their 2nd chance points from Shaq's offensive rebounding. Divac has the potential to put some points up and grab some boards. His knees and the wear and tear of the season, I personally think will take more grind on those knees then people might think.

Reps for this question go out to Innovator for the only person agreeing with me. Argument rep goes to BCWWF.