PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Lakers will crush Shaq's Heat

GODSON
10-08-2004, 03:08 PM
I don't understand why people is downing Lakers and talking about the Heat going to the Finals. Lakers is so better than the Heat it's not funny.

Lakers got Kobe, Kobe can get you 27points, 5 assist,and 5 rebounds per game. He is the best guard in the NBA. When the game on the line, Kobe is the man.
They got Lamar Odom, who was the Heat best player last year. He can get you 17points,8 rebounds and 5 assists per game. Plus, he can play every position.
They got Caron Butler off the bench, he can get you 10 points per game and play 3 positions. Sometimes he can explode and just hit 20 points in a 10 games spand. He had a better season than Wade last year.
They got Divac, one of the best passing Centers in the game.
They got Brian Grant, one of the best rebounders(top 10) in the game.
Devin George is coming off the bench.
Chucky Atkins is one of the best shooting point guards in the league.

Miami got Shaq, Shaq is a dominant player but he always needed a second scorer who can get over 18 points a game. Wade is not one of those players.
Wade is good but nothing compare to Kobe or even Penny Hardaway in his prime. Wade will give you 14 points and 8 assists.
Eddie Jones, 10 points a game. Some games Jones don't even show up.
Other Heat players is not worthy of discussing.

Any smart basketball fan knows Lakers is still a pretty good team. The Heat is just good.

Lakers is in the West, so it will be harder. Lakers is still a top 4 team in the West. Spurs,Minn.,and Rockets(with T-Mac) is better. Denver is overrated, adding Kenyon Martin is not a huge deal. Dallas and Kings still don't play DEFENSE.

Neither the Lakers or Heat will make it to the Finals. At the end of the day, Lakers got a better chance because their roster.

Yashamaga
10-08-2004, 03:47 PM
no, you're wrong

DaveWadding
10-08-2004, 04:27 PM
the Lakers will not even make the playoffs.

BCWWF
10-08-2004, 04:30 PM
I like the way you think. I got heat for saying that Wade wasn't Kobe before. I think Eddie Jones is better than you implied, but still Kobe has become completely underrated over the summer. People also forget that Miami will be starting Rasual Butler and Udonis Haslem and pretty much nothing on the bench. Damon Jones, Dorell Wright, Wesley Person, Christian Laetner, Michael Doleac.

Now I think that you have overestimated the Lakers aswell. I believe they have Chucky Atkins starting at point guard. The two teams are totally different and hard to compare, but by no means would I say that the Heat are above and beyond better.

BCWWF
10-08-2004, 04:38 PM
BTW, I predict the Lakers finish 6th in the West. Minnesota and San Antonio are clearly the two best teams in the conference. I think Dallas will be good this year, at first they made some dumb moves, but they ended up with Jason Terry and Erick Dampier to go alongside Dirk, Finley, and Stackhouse. Dampier will make Dirk more effective because now Dirk will be able to play deeper and not have to play out of his game trying to grab all the rebounds. I agree that Denver is still overrated, Carmelo Anthony isn't a superstar and Kenyon Martin has never proved to be a clutch team player. I was looking at the Kings depth chart and beyond Bobby Jackson they have absolutely none this year, which leads me to believe their aging team will be 5th seed maybe. Houston is probably the biggest gainer now, unless T-Mac gets greedy or something.

Here is how I see it finishing:
Minnesota
San Antonio
Dallas
Sacramento
Houston
Lakers
Denver
Memphis

BCWWF
10-08-2004, 04:40 PM
One more thing for people who think the Lakers are going to be ass. I guess its actually four more things:

Clippers
Warriors
Suns
Kings

Compared to San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Memphis, and New Orleans that is a cake walk. The three Texas teams will all be hurt by their new division.

Gonzo
10-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Shaq is the most dominant player in the NBA if he stays healthy. He makes everyone around him better, plain and simple.

That is the way it is. Even at his age he is still the best C in the league.

BCWWF
10-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Damnit Stima, we need you here. John Madden is posting under the name Gonzo now

Gonzo
10-08-2004, 06:32 PM
BOOM, TOUGH ACTIN' TINACTIN.

Buzzkill
10-08-2004, 06:41 PM
BLAZERS HAVE VAN EXCEL BITCHHHH

yea

Supreme Olajuwon
10-08-2004, 06:54 PM
MAN that's some bad grammar.

Molly fan 25
10-09-2004, 04:31 AM
I'll agree, think about it Shaq is dominant because he is big and agressive, but can't shoot worth a damn. Kobe can shoot, and the Lakers have other players who can shoot and be just as agresive as Shaq. But it will all come down to who plays more as a team and who relies the most on one player, I think the Heat will rely on Shaq too much.

BCWWF
10-09-2004, 05:47 AM
The Heat are built kind of like the poor mans Lakers of the past three years, while the Lakers are just built poor. Nonetheless they have enough talent to make the playoffs,

YOUR Hero
10-09-2004, 01:32 PM
If the Lakers have a better record than the Heat this year, I'd be shocked.

Well not really 'cause basketball sucks IMO.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Players improve, you aren't taking that into consideration here.

Wade will probably be better this year then last year. He was a rookie last year.

Also, I don't think The Heat are the favorites to win the NBA Championship either, Pistons are stil right there and they probably got better. They added McDyess...if he can stay healthy that will be an upgrade over Okur, plus they got Darko who was only 18 last year. His game is still developing and I am pretty sure he will have a much bigger impact on Detriot then last year.

Atkins isn't as good as you said he was either, I would know, he was on the Celtics last year. Not a bad player at all, but one of the best shooting point guards? I don't know, it didn't really seem like that last year

slextremely
10-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Godson = dumbass (for really bad grammer and no basketball knowledge).

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for that insight slextremely

BCWWF
10-09-2004, 04:51 PM
1. By all means I think the Heat will have a better record than the Lakers this year, but that is largely in part that they are in the east. I think that if the two teams played each other it would be a lot closer than people think. I don't think either have a good chance of making the playoffs.

2. Stima, I'm not sure if you were referring to me, but if you were...I didn't mean to say that Chucky Atkins was good, I meant to say he was bad. I was saying it in terms of "The Lakers aren't so hot either, Chucky Atkins is their only PG." So yeah, clearing that up. Just making sure you don't think I'm a dumbass who thinks Chucky is good.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Nah I was talking to the other guy who said he was one of the best shooting PG in the NBA. Chucky isn't a terrible player, but he's a back up PG plain and simple.

The Outlaw
10-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Fiction