PDA

View Full Version : whatever happened to......

Marc the Smark
10-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Pedro Morales
Ken Patera
The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers
The Tonga Kid
Jim Neidhart
Test
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
Dustin Runnels
"The Natural" Butch Reed
Sam Houston
Jimmy Jack Funk
SD Jones
Ricky Steamboat (and why isn't this guy in the HOF?)
Sean Waltman
Bastion Booger (Mike Shaw)
Kevin Kelly
Wendi Richter
Frenchy Martin
Paul Ellering
David Sammartino
Psycho Sid
Kevin Nash
Kevin Sullivan
Danny Spivey
The Haiti Kid
Rene Goulet
"Rugged" Ronnie Garvin
Brutus Beefcake
Ron Bass

KayfabeMan
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Here...we...go....

Pedro Morales lives in NJ, and is retired. He works out almost everyday at a local center there, and his wife still works (by choice) as a school teacher.

Ken Patera (as of earlier this year) was still making appearances at different events, as well as at bodybuilding / strongman competitions and all of that.

Jim Neidhart is in Canada and still works on occasion.

Rick Steiner is working the indies a WHOLE lot. Recently he worked a show in the main event against Lex Luger. Buff and a few others were also there....

Dustin Runnels has a place in Florida, and I believe he lives there. Not much on the wrestling front from him though.

SD Jones lives in New York and is still employed in the same field he was before he was in WWF.

Ricky Steamboat is working tons of indy dates as a special guest referee. He works / worked with ROH, and works a lot of dates in the Carolinas and such.

Wendi Richter is going to be returning to the ring for the first time in a long time in January at the big wrestling convention in northern Florida. She lives in Florida, and I believe works in the real estate industry.

Frenchy Martin is in Canada, and is retired. Last I heard he was OK.

Paul Ellering can be followed at www.PaulEllering.com (I believe). He does a lot of motivational speaking gigs and such, and is still in great shape. Just is enjoying time with his family.

David Sammartino still doesn't speak to Bruno, and appeared at a few signings not too long ago.

Kevin Nash will be at NWA-TNA's Victory Road in a few weeks.

Kevin Sullivan is basically retired, lives in the Florida Keys and runs Froggy's Fitness there with his new wife, a former bodybuilder. Hasn't wrestled in a while now. He used to be part owner of FCW, a big fed in Florida.

Brutus Beefcake I believe still lives in NJ, and I'm not sure how he's doing.

Ron Bass I think still lives in northern FL, and I'm not sure on much else.

KayfabeMan
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Hope that that helped a bit :y:

Marc the Smark
10-15-2004, 11:35 AM
David Sammartino still doesn't speak to Bruno

Any idea why? What happened?

And thank you much, Kayfabeman, for all your help!

Where did you find this stuff? :y:

HeartBreakMan2k
10-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Rick Steiner is working for a federation called LAW, on a semi-regular basis. He actually wrestled here in Raleigh not to long ago. He's seemingly in better shape than he was at the end of WCW, still not great but better.

KayfabeMan
10-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Any idea why? What happened?

Well...his dad (Bruno) got highly pissed at David for ruining his life with drugs, mainly steroids. He did all he could to get David to listen, but he never did. It was after their falling out that David's career "officially" fell apart. I believe it has been a bit over a decade since David has spoken to Bruno. Shame to let time go by and lose out on having a dad who wanted to be there for you due to something that ridiculous.

And thank you much, Kayfabeman, for all your help! Where did you find this stuff? :y:

Sadly, depending on how you look at it, that was all done from memory. I've followed a lot of the former workers and such, and try my best to use various resources that are dependable to keep up with them. I have way too much free time :-\

Anyhow, not a problem; very glad I could help you out :y: :yes:

DaveWadding
10-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Brutus Beefcake I believe still lives in NJ, and I'm not sure how he's doing.

Wasn't he taking subway tickets recently...and snorting coke in the booth....

Gertner
10-15-2004, 06:04 PM
they all love abortions

123 kid
10-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Sean Waltman was in re-hab last I heard, and probably still is?

Test is still with the WWE, but currently injured.

Kapoutman
10-20-2004, 04:43 AM
I can help you for The Rougeaus...

Jacques has been running a wrestling school in Montreal for about 5 years. He recently had a open-heart surgery, but he is recovering well. He owns a promotion in Montreal, and still wrestles from time to time.

Raymond is enjoying time with his family. From time to time, he joins Jacques in his promotion and do tag matches with him.

MVP
10-24-2004, 07:46 PM
"Rugged" Ronnie Garvin became a pilot when he retired from wrestling in the early 90's. I think he still flies.